• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

adj_noun

You can edit your characters look but it's locked in the beta, and there are also 4 unlockable weapons but there is definitely more in the final game. Alien races are confirmed, at least for the Rebels.

I kinda hope you can at least get an Imperial Officer uniform or something for the Empire.

MADGAME

Also a fun little note about Tatooine: There are Sand People sitting on top of a background canyon that will take potshots at you if you stand still for too long.

I hope this means there are Ewoks that can drop out of Trees on Endor.

If you're lacking equipment to take them down effectively, the AT STs are reasonably challenging solo. Your health can get real low really quickly if you're asleep at the wheel. Taking them on directly in the open with no cover is suicide. Sniper Stormtroopers seem to have some pretty smart A.I. They find a good elevated place to fire on you from a distance, as they should. There are environmental hazards such as the above that you have to be aware of, but on Normal difficulty I did see situations where Stormtroopers were mowed down in a congo line.
Interesting, thank you!

I kinda hope you can at least get an Imperial Officer uniform or something for the Empire.

I'm guessing (hoping) there will be Stormtrooper variant outfits beyond the ones we've seen, TIE Pilot suits, maybe if we get a Death Star or Star Destroyer level we'll see Officers, Imperial Gunners, Royal Guards, etc.

I'm guessing surprise heroes might not only be the classics we all know, but also characters from the upcoming movie. Hopefully they implement Aunt Beru with a Blue Milk power up.

Hagi

Oh man this fucking game, it's awesome

tumblr_inline_mgw84uNEH31ru8zwl.gif

Walker Assault is hard as fuck for rebel scum

Antialias

Now that I've finally gotten to play on PS4 I'm happy about the progress that's been made since alpha.

Heroes do look janky though. And it seems the feature I worked on is not in this beta :(

The alpha was really biased in favor of the rebels on Hoth; I'm glad they've fixed that but they might have gone too far the other way. We'll have to wait and see. Rebels really need to abuse the fixed guns on the map and make sure to all be shooting at the AT-ATs when they're vulnerable.

Now that I've finally gotten to play on PS4 I'm happy about the progress that's been made since alpha.

Heroes do look janky though. And it seems the feature I worked on is not in this beta :(

The alpha was really biased in favor of the rebels on Hoth; I'm glad they've fixed that but they might have gone too far the other way. We'll have to wait and see. Rebels really need to abuse the fixed guns on the map and make sure to all be shooting at the AT-ATs when they're vulnerable.

Is it really that difficult to wrap them up with a snow speeder? Seems like that would be the trump card for the Rebels.

Antialias

Is it really that difficult to wrap them up with a snow speeder? Seems like that would be the trump card for the Rebels.

I haven't tried in this version but in the alpha any damage at all would knock you out of the QTE minigame for destroying them that way. I only pulled it off on the first day when nobody knew what they were doing. It's also difficult for the rebels to field a lot of snow speeders when people don't recognise the powerups and go straight for them.

So i really dont know what it is. But the XboxOne version for me has this weird hiccups and lags. Dont know what it is. Maybe it has something to do with the NXOE Dash beta?

Anyone on Xbone without the new Dash?

PS4 was smooth like butter.

bombshell

Is there a melee attack ?

It says R3 in the options, haven't played a match yet myself.

JumPeR, when you put up the beta thread again can you put in the info about Survival being limited to 6 waves in beta, but 15 waves in the full game. Otherwise I feel like a lot of people will be complaining about the mission. Maybe also mention the other types: Battles, Hero Battles and Trials.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/features/missions

Boke1879

Yea I'd say population will be a problem until the beta is open for all.

Anyone who has been able to make it in I'd love some early impression just on movement and controls. Ps4 if possible

LoveCake

When is the BETA going to be available for download? i cannot see anything on either the PSN or LIVE shops?

I want to try this on both X1 & PS4 to see which is best for me controller-wise.

LoveCake

Thursday. People playing now have early access.

Oh ok thanks, is it a rolling release like midnight UK time etc?

Why are they not allowing people to pre-load, the strain on the servers is going to be huge!

I'm going to use this as a test to see which is quicker PS4 or X1.

Cheesy Steve

Neo Member
I'm actually enjoying the game more than I thought I would. The power ups appear to be abundant, so the vehicle timer doesn't seem so bad. I also played a bit of survival, but since it's limited in the beta, I only found it useful for getting used to the controls. Otherwise it's very casual friendly with everything based around a cool down or pickups.

Tubie

Just got a PC code and a PS4 code from twitter.

Hope to play both versions tonight!

He just dropped like 400 codes (between all versions) right now lol.

Top Bottom