• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars Battlefront Coverage (Oct 5)

Antialias

Good god, the cycler rifle is overpowered.

It's a hitscan weapon with infinite range, headshots kill. Goes through all shields. You're not safe in your bubble, rebel scum!

If I could get the stupid PS4 share feature to work I would upload the game I just had where I spent most of the time in a TIE fighter. Turns out you can shoot down the Y-wings before they bomb your AT-AT, which is great to know. Yet more imperial advantage.

I'm really happy other's are getting codes, I was iffy on this game before this, but now i'm 100% sold, it's really damn good, hopefully the servers hold up on release

How is it on Xbox one? Lookin good?

I cant get a walker assault match at all. Dropzone worked alright, but I never got an actual full match. I think the most i had was 7 vs. 7.

To be honest, the games graphics do not look too hot. Lots of pop in and textureless objects that never seem to come in. I know its just a beta, so hopefully that stuff changes by release.

M_A_C

I cant get a walker assault match at all. Dropzone worked alright, but I never got an actual full match. I think the most i had was 7 vs. 7.

To be honest, the games graphics do not look too hot. Lots of pop in and textureless objects that never seem to come in. I know its just a beta, so hopefully that stuff changes by release.

Wow really? Does PS4 have the same issues?

I'm downloading it right know. I hope at least that runs good..

todahawk

Yeah, I used the same tactic. First one failed but my second choice worked.

I had two windows open as I typed, kept doing double takes to make sure I was typing correctly
giphy.gif

HuskyPanda

Neo Member

Any ideas on what the resolution might be?

Surrounded by all manner of devices I purchased specifically to supply me notifications, and I can't be properly alerted to new tweets because all of the Twitter apps are terrible. Awesome.

Boke1879

There's like 20 to 30 streams on twitch now. :lol

People playing are having fun.

Yup. Having a look around seems the people playing are having fun and the people watching want to play.

An issue I see with the beta is things starting to get old. I know I'll have fun with Drop Zone but in the beta it's only playable on Sullest and Walker Assault only playable on Hoth.

That being said. Not really a big deal for me. I can't wait to play and I really just want the actual game. I'm going to sink 100's of hours into this.

Another thing when the full game releases will be player retention. Most MP games that aren't COD have to worry about this. but I do trust DICE and their post launch support that there will be a healthy playerbase well after launch.

is anyone on xbox one able to stream using the twitch app right now? Been trying, but its keeps saying "It's us, not you..." Error Code: 0x30231107. Its up and running according to the xbl status page

Boke1879

Walker Assault is mental Rebels seem way out gunned but nobody is really working together.

Them being outgunned makes sense in context, but if you don't have a team playing for the objectives then yea it's going to be a bit one sided. Hopefully They can find a way to balance things out

bryanee

Is it just me or is it hard to bring down the walkers? Played a bunch of games now and neither side could bring them down.

Ramirez

Is it just me or is it hard to bring down the walkers? Played a bunch of games now and neither side could bring them down.

We got one to like 60% with just 6 people in one game I was in, it just requires everyone to focus on them, which is asking a lot of your average dummy online. I also saw a Snowspeeder take one down with tow cables.

bryanee

We got one to like 60% with just 6 people in one game I was in, it just requires everyone to focus on them, which is asking a lot of your average dummy online. I also saw a Snowspeeder take one down with tow cables.

lol I tried the tow cable and I just flew right into it.

Yeah, shooing the middle part took a crazy amount of health down

Hopefully, randoms pick up on it soon

Boke1879

With more people it should be a bit easier. This where I think a GAF community will do wonders for this game. I would assume many people here will play the objective.

Stiler

I wish we got a new Jedi Knight game with new melee combat (better then the old ones with their "ice skating" combat).

I am looking forward to Battlefront mainly for the flying vehicles and things that I know battlefield does decently in terms of mixing it up.

Just hope they have some good maps that fit all styles together well.

Machina

Banned
Surrounded by all manner of devices I purchased specifically to supply me notifications, and I can't be properly alerted to new tweets because all of the Twitter apps are terrible. Awesome.

That's what I assumed, but you always worry first about your NAT interfering and that sort of stuff

Boke1879

I wish we got a new Jedi Knight game with new melee combat (better then the old ones with their "ice skating" combat).

I am looking forward to Battlefront mainly for the flying vehicles and things that I know battlefield does decently in terms of mixing it up.

Just hope they have some good maps that fit all styles together well.

I'm excited to see what Visceral's Star Wars game will be. But yes. We do need another game in the same vein as the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces games.

Tubie

Was it ever confirmed there will be no Conquest mode in this game? If I recall correctly even the old Battlefronts had a Battlefield style Conquest mode.

Hagi

I'm interested in seeing what the Droid game mode is. Hopefully it's something cool like V.I.P where you have to keep an astromech alive or something lol

This is way better than I thought it would be.
Played 2 matches on Hoth and it was really intense. Fucking Tie-Fighters and X-Wings whizzing past me in the air, blaster shots constantly going off, people using turrets and vehicles, trying to take cover in the trenches, explosions happening all around, Luke appearing and just cutting people down, etc. All of this with the classic Star-Wars sound effects and music. Its really good.

Top Bottom