• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Screens from the Ratchet and Clank Movie

http://www.tf1droitsaudiovisuels.com/int_fiche.php?Type=1&Film=1619&keywords=ratchet & clank

tumblr_nvszvzfimy1sasycvo3_1280.png

tumblr_nvszvzfimy1sasycvo1_1280.png

tumblr_nvszvzfimy1sasycvo4_1280.png

tumblr_nvszvzfimy1sasycvo2_r1_1280.png

Please be good.

Machina

Banned
One of the rare situations where the shoe is on the other foot and you can say "It looks just like the game!"

ByWatterson

You mean the Ratchet and Clank remake?

Just kidding - that's just how absurdly good the remake looks. Near movie quality.

Looks great just like the Game does.

Blind fanboy logic.

That's not being a blind fanboy. A blind fanboy would deny it of all of it's flaws regardless of how abysmal it might be. If anything I'd probably nitpick it more than most people would. I enjoy a lot of things that I don't particularly consider good.

Apparently the creators (insomniac I'm guessing) worked very close with the studio to make sure things stayed faithful to the game. Had a friend working on the film who was unfamiliar with the games tell me that.

I guess we'll see if that was a blessing or a curse.

It could be soo bad its good.

Like The Room.

That's why I enjoyed The Last Airbender movie.

In this case it would probably be more "I like seeing Ratchet on the big screen regardless of the flaws it might have just because of how big a fan of the IP I am"

I got the chance to play the demo at gamestop.

What are your thoughts? I finally played it at a Best Buy a few weeks ago and utterly sucked at it for some reason. I've watched countless videos of random people playing the demo on youtube, and I kid you not I died (by falling off) more than anyone I've seen die playing the Aleero City section.

KORNdoggy

Apparently the creators (insomniac I'm guessing) worked very close with the studio to make sure things stayed faithful to the game. Had a friend working on the film who was unfamiliar with the games tell me that.

I'm going to guess "curse" i find insomniac don't have a very good sense of humour. Or at least not one that tickles me in any way. I find myself cringing at their attempts at it more then i find myself laughing.

Yeah that's what gave me hope for the movie in the first place. The other thing that gives me hope is the fact that both of the early screenings were very well recieved (got standing ovations, not sure how common that is with early screenings though) and from what I understand, is what got them the "Universal owned studio" publishing deal in the first place, and is why the movie (and game) were postponed.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
How was it?

What are your thoughts? I finally played it at a Best Buy a few weeks ago and utterly sucked at it for some reason. I've watched countless videos of random people playing the demo on youtube, and I kid you not I died (by falling off) more than anyone I've seen die playing the Aleero City section.

I thought the controls we're a bit weird at first. Like you shoot with R2/O and L2 to aim.
But it didn't take long to get the hang off though. My favorite weapon in the demo happens to be that Pixel shotgun-like thing.

I died a lot falling out that Train in ugh Aleero City but I whooped the snagglebeast's ass on my first try. lol

But I hate that they're recycling some of the weapons from ToD.

Yeah that's what gave me hope for the movie in the first place. The other thing that gives me hope is the fact that both of the early screening were very well recieved (got standing ovations, not sure how common that is with early screenings though) and from what I understand, is what got them the "Universal owned studio" publishing deal in the first place, and is why the movie (and game) were postponed.

I bet they also got a boost when rocket raccoon broke out last year.

ODDI

I dunno must be these screenshots or me but I find it as attractive (pop!) to the next game.

I thought the controls we're a bit weird at first. Like you shoot with R2/O and L2 to aim.
But it didn't take long to get the hang off though. My favorite weapon in the demo happens to be that Pixel shotgun-like thing.

I died a lot falling out that Train in ugh Aleero City but I whooped the snagglebeast's ass on my first try. lol

But I hate that they're recycling some of the weapons from ToD.

Yeah the controls were weird to me at first too. I must have kept disregarding that detail when reading impressions because I wasn't really aware of that until I played it. The camera wasn't oriented to my preference either.

I'm going to guess "curse" i find insomniac don't have a very good sense of humour. Or at least not one that tickles me in any way. I find myself cringing at their attempts at it more then i find myself laughing.

Yeah. None of the characters really grabbed me accept for Captain Qwark. That dude is a hilarious/loveable goofball and deserved his own game years ago.

Ezalc

That's why I enjoyed The Last Airbender movie.

No. The airbender movie is just garbage. There is no circle from bad to good in that shitpile.

Also, at least this movie looks pretty, we'll see how things go though. Are the original voice actors also making a return for it?

No. The airbender movie is just garbage. There is no circle from bad to good in that shitpile.

Also, at least this movie looks pretty, we'll see how things go though. Are the original voice actors also making a return for it?

Absolutely not. I question your sense of humor if you can't see what's funny about a group of 6 grown earthbenders doing a choreographed dance only to manage to float one small rock through the air at a glacial speed :D

That was the epitome of bad good.

SoulUnison

Banned
One of the rare situations where the shoe is on the other foot and you can say "It looks just like the game!"

I'm looking at the back of my "Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction" box:

"...the first game to truly deliver the long-sought 'You are playing a Pixar movie' experience."
-The New York Times

Ah, 2007. Things were simpler.

I have no idea what to expect quality wise, but I'll be there day 1 to support it. I love the franchise.

Arguably one of the most consistent franchises out there, especially with how many games were released in 1 decade. Even its weakest games (A40 and Deadlocked) are pretty fun games.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
If you told me those were screens from the PS4 reboot, I would have believed you.

Is that bad for the movie? Or really good for the game?

Ratchet is just too cute. I'm so glad they didn't fuck with his design for the movie, it has pretty much been perfect since Tools of Destruction.

Liking that last shot, looks like the in-game animation when you equip a new set of armor and he checks out his new digs.

Top Bottom