• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Speaking of hate spewing rants, does anyone know if there is team voice chat on the console versions? In all of the rounds I played I didn't hear a single person talk.

they are prob in a party chat, or no mic would be my guess, party chat is great however I feel it has ruined online experiences and teamwork with other people

25sz28.jpg

That's a Star-Wars-ass Star Wars explosion. Nice. Really cool to see a cheesy '70s effect faithfully recreated with modern computers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've won a couple of times, the key is as you say, ships and also heavy turret fire.

Btw, you ever find out if me saying the middle part of the walker takes more damage, was true?
Ion charges and oribital strikes are very important as well. Ion charges make your blasters do a ton more damage to vehicles and orbital strikes can take out most of a walker's health.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yes. Haven't heard a single person talk yet.
I've noticed that during TLOU:R and BO3 beta as well. The proportion of people talking in these types of games are much lower on PS4 than XBO it seems.
Doesn't help that the voice quality isn't that great, and the included microphone is pure trash.

RdN

I guess this was to be expected but goddamn is the image quality atrocious on the Xbox One.

It really is.. I posted about this yesterday.

I just can't get behind how bad it looks.. It completely detracts from the experience, and I'm not even one to really care much about this stuff.

Something I just thought about....on the sniper rife the scope is on the right side of the barrel but you hold it right handed....how the hell are you supposed to actually see out of the scope? Seems like it set up for a lefty.

Is this based off your experience or is there some pics floating around?
Playing it now. Not really DICE's fault I suspect, I'm sure they did what they could with the hardware. Lots of shimmering, low res edges on horizons, really hard on the eyes, on mine at least. 720p really shows here.

Boogdud

Something I just thought about....on the sniper rife the scope is on the right side of the barrel but you hold it right handed....how the hell are you supposed to actually see out of the scope? Seems like it set up for a lefty.

Is it soooo much to ask that you use the force?!?

Oh, well that's good then. I was concerned that Disney might have said no to built in voice chat to keep the game more family friendly.

I expect that kind of decision would be down to DICE, not Disney. It is a Teen rated game as well so that would be a strange decision.

Damn thing looks jaw dropping.
too bad i only managed to d/l the jp client so i cant find mp matches for crap.
or maybe its something else.... i dunno

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

RedAssedApe

Banned
Damn thing looks jaw dropping.
too bad i only managed to d/l the jp client so i cant find mp matches for crap.
or maybe its something else.... i dunno

is this on consoles? i downloaded the game from japan psn account. had no issues finding games. no noticeable lag. only thing that annoyed me was x and o button prompts flipped lol

is this on consoles? i downloaded the game from japan psn account. had no issues finding games. no noticeable lag. only thing that annoyed me was x and o button prompts flipped lol

yea ps4.
but i cant really get into a match for some reason.
its like its not even searching and quickly sends me to an empty one , where people come and go but there are never enought o start a match

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Playing it now. Not really DICE's fault I suspect, I'm sure they did what they could with the hardware. Lots of shimmering, low res edges on horizons, really hard on the eyes, on mine at least. 720p really shows here.

wonder how differet it would be if they used the powa of the cloud

RedAssedApe

Banned
yea ps4.
but i cant really get into a match for some reason.
its like its not even searching and quickly sends me to an empty one , where people come and go but there are never enought o start a match

odd. i wouldnt think that the clients would be region locked...since there aren't server browsers i would assume they are finding you servers based on your location to get the best connection.

Willectro

Banned
I've noticed that during TLOU:R and BO3 beta as well. The proportion of people talking in these types of games are much lower on PS4 than XBO it seems.
Doesn't help that the voice quality isn't that great, and the included microphone is pure trash.

I personally would have loved a push to talk option this gen. I'm sick of turning mics on or off, etc.

Haven't played the Battlefront Beta yet, but the alpha was great.

RdN

The white shimmering, for me, is the worst part.

It really hurts every single object on screen.

Top Bottom