• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

Random17

Biggest can be either a massive rant, or an IGN equivalent of the Halo 2 review where they talk about literally everything in the game (that was a good review).

Do many big sites even do spoiler reviews anymore?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
damn, only 3 Blue Team missions? hopefully Halo 6 is all Blue Team

this honestly makes me reconsider the whole "Buy halo 5 thing"..I want masterchief only FFS. why do they force those wanna be spartans on us?..

But I want the MP..so I'll have to life with the pain that is that stupid other team -_-

XAL

I'm thinking that the phantom in the domain wasn't actually Cortana, and instead it's just taking that form based on Chief's memories in order to manipulate him. The way it moved and spoke didn't seem Cortana-like to me, and it would be weird for her to say goodbye at the end of Halo 4 if she was actually just uploading herself to the domain. Chief's arc will be learning to accept that Cortana is really dead.

One person uploaded their Mission 8 with a bit of Mission 9 cutscene in it and
multiple persons refer to Cortana as being alive.

So I don't think it's a hallucination.

Tovarisc

Weirdest "spoiler" thread ever.

Casual chatting about hopes when it comes to Halo 5, arguing if Halo 4 is shitty game and press coming to make stealth brags about being in the know because of press copy. Yet no one has actually posted any actual spoilers, even whole "3 missions for Blue Team" debacle isn't very much of an spoiler imo.

UKUMI0

I really hope the ending of Halo 5 is hinted at in Hunt The Truth, because holy shit that'd be off the walls crazy.

Sadly I doubt it will because that would most likely ruin the surprise of what happens.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
I can't believe that there isn't somebody from a retailer or game store that hasn't snagged a copy yet and posted the story details online. It almost seems weird. Maybe people are too worried about getting their Xbox bricked...Meanwhile it seems anyone who works for their school newspaper can get an early "review copy"? WTF is going on? Based on what I've seen and heard so far I don't want to waste money on this game unless the ending is absolutely stellar. So that's why I want to know what happens so I can either go pick up or cancel my preorder and be done with this nonsense.

Trup1aya

It seems to me that the entire Sanghelios arc has little to add to the overall story aside from a step by step process of getting Locke to a Guardian, which we knew at E3.
I'm worried now. Halo 4 was good, but 4:1 to Locke? 12 minute missions like Glassed? Campaign length similar to other the games?

The fan base is not going to react well...

But Jesus, the shit posting in this thread. At least Halo 4 wasn't a game of character assassinations like Halo 3.

What are you basing this on? Have you played the Sanghelios arc? It seems like, among other things, it will clarify the relationship between Humans and Elites post Halo3... I know H4 did a good job of confusing non lore folks in this regard...

Also, it seems like it may be tying up the entire Covenant plot thread.

I can't believe that there isn't somebody from a retailer or game store that hasn't snagged a copy yet and posted the story details online. It almost seems weird. Maybe people are too worried about getting their Xbox bricked...Meanwhile it seems anyone who works for their school newspaper can get an early "review copy"? WTF is going on? Based on what I've seen and heard so far I don't want to waste money on this game unless the ending is absolutely stellar. So that's why I want to know what happens so I can either go pick up or cancel my preorder and be done with this nonsense.

If you're so worried.. wait until reviews come out, or wait till after launch to get others perspective. Seems weird all you care about is the ending.. its about the trip, man, not the destination!
Cortana!

What are you basing this on? Have you played the Sanghelios arc? It seems like, among other things, it will clarify the relationship between Humans and Elites post Halo3... I know H4 did a good job of confusing non lore folks in this regard...

Also, it seems like it may be tying up the entire Covenant plot thread.

Yeah, this. Sanghelios seems like a necessity in terms of explaining just what the hell the Elite factions are up to after Halo 3 (made even more necessary following the confusion in Halo 4). Granted, most lore diehards are already familiar with it, but people playing the game aren't automatically going to know the Arbiter's been stuck in a civil war this whole time.

Jawmuncher

Pretty surprised we still don't have any worthwhile spoilers. I saw a twitch where someone was at mission 8 so they should be hitting any time now. I just want to know if MS cops out or not.

Trup1aya

Pretty surprised we still don't have any worthwhile spoilers. I saw a twitch where someone was at mission 8 so they should be hitting any time now. I just want to know if MS cops out or not.

Nope. Missions 1,2,3, and 8 were all cleared for streaming...

I'm surprised there haven't been any leaks as well, but people who have copies are honoring NDA...

Synner117

Neo Member
Several big reviewers have teased that their reviews NEED to be read before playing/purchasing. Not sure if it's meant as a good or bad thing.

Several big reviewers have teased that their reviews NEED to be read before playing/purchasing. Not sure if it's meant as a good or bad thing.
That's interesting. Although the cynic in me points out though, of course they want you to read their reviews. Gotta get dem clicks. :p

Rumor has it that Chief dies or "dies" in this game during the final mission. Not sure how true or anything. Would be nice if someone confirms instead of this non spoiler stuff going on.

thanos

You have no spoilers here!
g47.jpg

Hopefully with Monday right around the corner, more copies make their way into the wild. It's kind of crazy the lack of spoilers (aka leaks) so far for one of the biggest releases of the year.

TheXbox

Still no spoilers? Man. The first time I don't give a rat's ass about the story in a new Halo game, and I couldn't spoil myself if I wanted to.

I haven't read the comics, but it looks like Brutes, 'Covenant' and Spartans all together seems possible.

NUBg0js.jpg

*shivers*

That Escalation art..

Very true, but doubt we see any on Meridian or Sanghelios.. Maybe the Forerunner world? But doubtful. Could be other cutscenes where they show up.. but doubt we fight them in any meaningful way. Never say never!

greenleafcm

Neo Member
This is what they told me...sorry but I'm just going to copy/paste so if you don't want everything spoiled don't click:

Well, the main story revolves around Chief trying to figure out why Cortana(!!) is drawing all these Guardians to her - which is destroying colonies as they leave. Locke is sent after Chief to bring him in not just because he left despite orders, but because Halsey thinks Chief wont' stop Cortana. Cortana ends up cured of Rampancy because she gained access to a Forerunner thing called the "domain" and asks any AI to join her cause. Tons do and they get cured of rampancy as well. So her master plan is to use Guardians as they were intended - giant planet police bots. Obey her laws, obey the peace, or else these massive things will murder. Chief tries to talk her down, but she doesn't listen and imprisons him in the same kind of thing the Didact was inside in Halo 4. She says she'll wake him up in 10,000 years. Locke tries freeing him, but the AIs join Cortana, she sends out all of her Guardians to planets, she's leaving on the like biggest Guardian and Locke frees Chief just as she's leaving. The AIs wipe out the electronics in all the stations and colonies they oversee. Roland (Infinity's AI) does not join Cortana. She finds Infinity, and they have to flee into slipspace repeatedly. Game ends as they are fleeing until they can think of a plan. Next cutscene is reunion between Halsey, Arbiter, and Chief. Short one, and that was about all there was to it. Final cutscene after credits is Cortana humming a tune, and a Halo ring in the distance. As she finishes humming, the lights on the Halo light up as if she's getting it all powered up again. So yeah, basically ends there almost on a cliffhanger - Cortana is a bad guy, planets everywhere are under siege by an impossible force to counter, and Cortana owns a Halo ring.

She doesn't hate Chief. She thinks he'll come around to it. She thinks that perfect peace is worth it, but she's ignoring the casualties of her actions. Blue team brings this up with Chief. Chief tells her that she's trying to improve people without giving them a choice - like what Halsey did to him. Cortana doesn't listen, basically. The main "bosses" you fight, are the same dude with tons of bodies. He guards the Guardians/Cortana. He wants to prevent Chief from getting to Cortana, and Cortana does not want him to kill Chief. So they argue. But yeah this Warden Eternal has a bunch of bodies. You fight one at once, then later two at once, then in the hardest fucking fight ever 3 at once without much cover at all. Absolutely brutal fight. Cortana also sounds different a bit. More robotic than she used to. However, she might also be in physical form now. Early in the game it's referenced she will be able to eventually, and near the end she seems to be glowing, but then the glowing parts fade - almost like they were a shield rather than her normal body details. Apparently, Locke was an assassin who once came up with a plan to kill Arbiter until "things changed". So I wonder if in Halo 6 Locke is sent to kill Cortana, and Chief wants to not only prevent that, but stop her actions too. Definitely reminds me of Halo 2's cliffhanger ending, not so much as it interrupts the story midway ,but really not much was resolved haha, and it feels like it was all a leadup to next game.

This is what they told me...sorry but I'm just going to copy/paste so if you don't want everything spoiled don't click:

Well, the main story revolves around Chief trying to figure out why Cortana(!!) is drawing all these Guardians to her - which is destroying colonies as they leave. Locke is sent after Chief to bring him in not just because he left despite orders, but because Halsey thinks Chief wont' stop Cortana. Cortana ends up cured of Rampancy because she gained access to a Forerunner thing called the "domain" and asks any AI to join her cause. Tons do and they get cured of rampancy as well. So her master plan is to use Guardians as they were intended - giant planet police bots. Obey her laws, obey the peace, or else these massive things will murder. Chief tries to talk her down, but she doesn't listen and imprisons him in the same kind of thing the Didact was inside in Halo 4. She says she'll wake him up in 10,000 years. Locke tries freeing him, but the AIs join Cortana, she sends out all of her Guardians to planets, she's leaving on the like biggest Guardian and Locke frees Chief just as she's leaving. The AIs wipe out the electronics in all the stations and colonies they oversee. Roland (Infinity's AI) does not join Cortana. She finds Infinity, and they have to flee into slipspace repeatedly. Game ends as they are fleeing until they can think of a plan. Next cutscene is reunion between Halsey, Arbiter, and Chief. Short one, and that was about all there was to it. Final cutscene after credits is Cortana humming a tune, and a Halo ring in the distance. As she finishes humming, the lights on the Halo light up as if she's getting it all powered up again. So yeah, basically ends there almost on a cliffhanger - Cortana is a bad guy, planets everywhere are under siege by an impossible force to counter, and Cortana owns a Halo ring.

She doesn't hate Chief. She thinks he'll come around to it. She thinks that perfect peace is worth it, but she's ignoring the casualties of her actions. Blue team brings this up with Chief. Chief tells her that she's trying to improve people without giving them a choice - like what Halsey did to him. Cortana doesn't listen, basically. The main "bosses" you fight, are the same dude with tons of bodies. He guards the Guardians/Cortana. He wants to prevent Chief from getting to Cortana, and Cortana does not want him to kill Chief. So they argue. But yeah this Warden Eternal has a bunch of bodies. You fight one at once, then later two at once, then in the hardest fucking fight ever 3 at once without much cover at all. Absolutely brutal fight. Cortana also sounds different a bit. More robotic than she used to. However, she might also be in physical form now. Early in the game it's referenced she will be able to eventually, and near the end she seems to be glowing, but then the glowing parts fade - almost like they were a shield rather than her normal body details. Apparently, Locke was an assassin who once came up with a plan to kill Arbiter until "things changed". So I wonder if in Halo 6 Locke is sent to kill Cortana, and Chief wants to not only prevent that, but stop her actions too. Definitely reminds me of Halo 2's cliffhanger ending, not so much as it interrupts the story midway ,but really not much was resolved haha, and it feels like it was all a leadup to next game.

OH SHIT

If true, thread redeemed.

Top Bottom