• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw distance seems considerably better in the e3 demo. I presume this is what we can expect for the PC version.
e3
image_fallout_4-28563-3244_0009.jpg

ps4
hv4SIQM.jpg

Nothing too shocking, witcher 3 on PC had a huge increase of LOD over consoles.

I don't understand why people get upset when Fallout gets called out for being legitimately ugly. Look at the last shot. But that doesn't mean that the game is bad.

neoism

This is still the Oblivion Engine???

gamebryo

since Morrowind lol

Skyrim used a modified version of gamebryo... this game uses I guess a modified version of that, the creation engine ...
still it's fucking time for a completely new engine. I wish they would you something like the cysis engine

Svafnir

Looks massively better than fallout 3. But seriously. Is anyone playing this because of the graphics? We all know what we are getting into.

These games are what they are.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looks like shit, but base bethesda games have never looked beyond that for their generations. Skyrim looked decent in wide shots, but up close was very rough indeed.

On the plus side, this means both PS4 and XB1 performance is going to be very solid, and PC's can probably run this super easy as well.

1080p on both consoles must have been a walk in the park considering this is not going to be a GPU limited game at all.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
How did your ebay auctions go? :D

I would say they went well.

But i thought there would be more interest in the PC version. =]

Holy shit...
I mean it's kind of impressive how far they have come but..
That is beyon my mind how they can use such an awful engine for such a long time :D

EDIT:

NVM maybe it's because of the modding scene?
Would make sense won't it?

I read sometime ago that it has something to do with how the engine can store all the npc and game data parameters really well. But i don't know if this is correct.

Even if it is, Bethesda has loads of money. It's time for them to invest in creating something more modern. I worked at a game studio that developed a game using Gamebryo in 2007!

sappyday

I really hope you can explore the pre-war neighborhood before you have to run to the vault. Let's say you go out there to get the newspaper.

And yet one of the best games on the PS4. Graphics don't make a game.

See, The Order for evidence.
Haven't played the game, declaring it as one of the best? Okay regardless of the fact that it is entirely subjective. Bethesda are well known for their glitches, bugs, and memory leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom