• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two former Last Guardian artists start an indie studio

AU Tiger

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!

DEM VISUALS!
DEM ART STYLES!
DEM EVERYTHINGS!

Get6u.png

Squalor

Will Microsoft try to get their Rime with this one?
Sony would be crazy not to lock this up.

Microsoft would be crazy to let Sony lock it up.

Hopefully it goes multiplatform. The company probably needs the money, anyway.

Hopefully the game actually comes out.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I'm really liking how this game is shaping up to be. Definitely looks like a Team Ico game. Warms my heart after the lack of The Last Guardian footage these past 2 years.

Peltz

Man I REALLY need to play Ico and SOTC.... I have them waiting on my PS3 harddrive and have never experienced these games. They seem right up my alley from an artistic standpoint.

Beautiful. I just can't wait to play this.

Is there some word about release platforms ? I hope the devs aren't fishing for exclusivity... :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That looks so damn good. It seems like yesterday when this was revealed. Man, so many games in the same vein. I want them all.

Wonder if Sony has contacted them or something.

Tankard

Oh, THIS is the game i was thinking of in the indies 2016 thread.
This one and Hunger are on my radar for most antecipated games to come out, i'm hoping both are out this year.

Wow, hadn't heard of this game until now. It looks beautiful! Do they have a target date for this or is it just sort of a "when it's ready" approach?

Wow...the aesthetic is enchanting. No idea what the gameplay is about, but it has my interest.

Tokyo does seem a strange choice for a new company taking a "risk of financial ruin," but perhaps they felt it would inspire them somehow. Or perhaps they're getting some incubator funding from Sony?

Corpekata

Banned
Wow...the aesthetic is enchanting. No idea what the gameplay is about, but it has my interest.

Tokyo does seem a strange choice for a new company taking a "risk of financial ruin," but perhaps they felt it would inspire them somehow. Or perhaps they're getting some incubator funding from Sony?

The game has no platforms announced as is being built on Unity. Very unlikely they're getting incubator funding from Sony.

The game has no platforms announced as is being built on Unity. Very unlikely they're getting incubator funding from Sony.

I understand that; I only threw that out there because the founders were Last Guardian staff, and Sony has been known to give some help to indies in the past (i.e. NMS). Far-fetched, yes, but given the burn rate of being located in Tokyo, I'd be surprised and impressed if they are completely self-funded.

Mexen

A child with an odd ability stuck in a strange land. A dangerous natural environment inhabited by a strange civilization. Vane is an open-world adventure game based on mystery and exploration.

And there it is.

According to this video they're still in "pre-production"? When's this supposed to come out? :p I wonder where they're getting funding from, it's been 18 months since development started.

Pre-production?
Wow, they are really Last Guardian staff at hearth.

Top Bottom