• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Hi, nib95, thanks for the positive feedback!

The best-selling title of the October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Report, Microsoft's Console Software SKU 'Halo 5: Guardians,' sold a combined total of 935K including all Bundle units.

x5RuXdc.png
x5RuXdc.png

NPD George saves the month.

Halo 5 flopped. Near 70% decline.....damn
AC flopped as well.

Could you share numbers for Tales of Zestiria, DQH and Disgaea 5 please. I promise its not for console wars xD

But their statement says in global SALES. Not sold into retailers. It's the same statement and wording from Halo 4 when they made $220 million in 24 hours and $300 million in first week. Only difference is they added hardware to software this time.
''Sales'' usually mean sell in if they don't mention sold trough anywhere in the statement. They just gave us global sell in numbers.

I think NPD George is in a round table with 5 mods at his throat, that's why neither him or the mods are responding. We'll have to wait it out unfortunately.

Madness

SALES could be sell-in (to retailers) or sell-through (to consumers).

Maybe. It's the only way it could make any semblance of sense that way. And perhaps why they counted hardware sold in to retailers as well. Maybe one day we'll get the numbers.

That's the gaming industry for you man. No other entertainment sector works as hard to hide numbers or spin the numbers (this goes for all not just MS).

No kidding eh? The only industry where they go so hard to hide the truth. Bullshots, paid reviews, shills, obfuscatory statements etc. Let's just let fans burn down communities in anger rather than put out statements that clarify things etc. Just sucks.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
So, we have ( including bundle):

UK - 150,000
US - 935,000

UK+US - 1,085,000

I think US+UK is around 70% of WW market for XB1, or even more, so, i think 1.55 million for Halo 5 first week WW seem legit.

If we including digital, 1.7-1.75 million. Not more.

allan-bh

Microsoft played their cards right before launch, they fixed the majority of their errors from when they first revealed the Xbox one. I don't see how you're so sure it would have been "killing " it, but this is the kind of stuff I hear from fanboys.

Oh yeah, launch a console less powerful than PS4 for $500 is play the cards right.

If one of us is a fanboy, it's not me.

JaggedSac

Ok. Everyone screaming about the death of consoles, you DO know these numbers match perfectly with every October for almost ten years, right? These are normal October sales. It's the month before the busiest sales period in America. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but look up the numbers and see for yourself.

Good lord. You people are acting like both MS and Sony are packing it up over absolutely nothing. That's what this is: nothing.

Yeah, total hardware sales went up a few % YoY too. I guess the doom is coming from the fact that Sony had a price cut and dropped YoY.

Jumeira

Banned
So in other words it is still worse than those before it!

Unless you be improvin', your units won't be movin'.

People get bored of the same thing after a while, hard to maintain that. To be fully expected.
H5 isn't like the others because its better, theres lots of improvements that 343 have nailed.

But this thread isn't just H5. Shocked to see Uncharted, AC and PS4 tank, its bad all round

They, or their companies have signed ndas. If George is from npd, and is not breaking NDA, then it is not a leak.

I get what you are saying. I'm saying that is nit realistic. NPD's NDA for its employees is not going tobe lesser than than who they disociate informaion too. Why would that make sense?

QaaQer

So, we have ( including bundle):

UK - 150,000
US - 935,000

UK+US - 1,085,000

I think US+UK is around 70% of WW market for XB1, or even more, so, i think 1.55 million for Halo 5 first week WW seem legit.

If we including digital, 1.7-1.75 million. Not more.

You must be feeling smug wrt to your halo v splatoon prediction. I doff my hat to you, and to the splatoon devs.

panda-zebra

This is what I was talking abou tre: fixing up previous numbers - looking back to October '14 predicted results, ps4 looks right vs the graph (2k above), but xb1 is 11k overstated when quoted in November '14 thread, wii u 6k overstated. Did those numbers get fixed up later?
or is it just too soon to be taking the graph as #truthfact...

Please stop with the persecution complex. This is a sales thread. A major franchise massively underperforming is a source of discussion. I'm sure some immature jerks would find some glee in it, but the response has been shock or disbelief, not your supposed happy or pleased bs.

It's just as embarrassing to read your passive aggressive post.

Haha, yeah this is a sales thread where we are all having an intellectual high brow discussion about how software and hardware revenue is affecting the hobby we all love and what kind of impact this will have moving forward. That's what I'm getting by reading this thread . . .

Such enlightenment such insight.

There is no persecution complex, I'm just calling it how I see it. Maybe I'm not reading it the same way as some of you :)

So in other words it is still worse than those before it!

Unless you be improvin', your units won't be movin'.

People get bored of the same thing after a while, hard to maintain that. To be fully expected.

Eh, it's really not "more of the same" and it's also the best console FPS I've ever played (and I have played quite a few...). The numbers are probably explained by a combination of many things, including Halo 4 and MCC making people a bit wary of 343i games and the general gameplay being a bit too hardcore for the masses nowadays, but it really deserves to do well which I couldn't say about Halo 4.

Well, they could stand to slow the fuck down with their releases. Unlike online shooters, this type of game cannot be a long term yearly. People are sick of it.

I know I am. I have a copy on X1 digital that I don't even want to to think about downloading. And I used to love the series but hated 3 and didn't care for BF.

QaaQer

I get what you are saying. I'm saying that is nit realistic. NPD's NDA for its employees is not going tobe lesser than than who they disociate informaion too. Why would that make sense?

Lol, it doesn't. Still it would be cool to npd exec drop by once in a while, at least until he found out what a den of .... we can be.

teiresias

Yeah, total hardware sales went up a few % YoY too. I guess the doom is coming from the fact that Sony had a price cut and dropped YoY.

PS4 wasn't up YoY though. Sony was heavily pushing pre-orders on bundles that don't release until next month, so we won't really have a good look at what it accomplished until next month. Even then, it will be hard to say whether the price cut drove sales or the popular promotional bundles drove sales instead (or at least which had the biggest effect on sales). We'll almost have to do a YoY comparison for the combined October-November sales for PS4 to get a decent picture maybe.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Ok. Everyone screaming about the death of consoles, you DO know these numbers match perfectly with every October for almost ten years, right? These are normal October sales. It's the month before the busiest sales period in America. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting, but look up the numbers and see for yourself.

Good lord. You people are acting like both MS and Sony are packing it up over absolutely nothing. That's what this is: nothing.

I need to remember past trends when in the prediction thread...many of us guessed..waaaaay over.

Yea I agree. I said earlier it isnt that bad considering when someone posted Oct 2014 numbers. But looking at last month to this month....main exclusive and a price cut. It still looks not as good..

I dont know whats worse...the PS4 dropping so much from last month or the XBO barely doing better than last month. But the trends...I get it.

Madness

Do we know if Xbox One has even hit 20 million hardware sales yet or no? They haven't come out with any numbers in a long time.

JaggedSac

Was PS4 up YoY? Sony was heavily pushing pre-orders on bundles that don't release until next month, so we won't really have a good look at what it accomplished until next month. Even then, it will be hard to say whether the price cut drove sales or the popular promotional bundles drove sales instead (or at least which had the biggest effect on sales). We'll almost have to do a YoY comparison for the combined October-November sales for PS4 to get a decent picture maybe.

No, it was pretty much flat or fell a few percent. But overall, hardware sales were up, next gen sales overcame the fact that last gen sales fell 66% as well.

madmackem

Not much of a win for Xbox considering the huge marketing push and halo to barely outsell the ps4 in the month won't be met well with those at ms hq.

What a time to be alive.

After so much time in the cave, staring at shadows, NeoGAF is now free to stare at the light of truth. It will burn your eyes at first, and you may want to return to the comfort of the cave. But fear not! Your eyes will slowly adjust to the sun and you will never again wish to return to the darkness.

creamsugar was online 10 minutes ago. hope he posts to confirm or deny this madness!
ne7yAYK.gif
G4Kb0mu.gif
4GI3kWk.gif
nwqtAuW.gif

It's time to reveal some trap cards!!!!!

What a time to be alive.

After so much time in the cave, staring at shadows, NeoGAF is now free to stare at the light of truth. It will burn your eyes at first, and you may want to return to the comfort of the cave. But fear not! Your eyes will slowly adjust to the sun and you will never again wish to return to the darkness.
AND THERE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!

Lol, it doesn't. Still it would be cool to npd exec drop by once in a while, at least until he found out what a den of .... we can be.

I'm not a sales guy so maybe I dunno shit but I have zero clue why they can't release abasic top 10 and hardware. When the companies do their quarterly reports and release shipments that's what is gonna influence their stock. I don't even buy the numbers are the most important part of the report. These companies all have internal tracking.

Hanmik

What a time to be alive.

it is The Neo Gaf to you dear sir.

What a time to be alive.

VtRIt3t.gif

Tubie

What a time to be alive.

Sounds like confirmation to me!

Top Bottom