• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Gorlak

Banned
giphy.gif

Sorian

Banned
Are we rioting yet?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

SalvaPot

NIGHT 1 HAS FINISHED!

Hannah Abbot ran forth. Her pigtailed hair flying behind her, all she knew... she had to escape.
She wasn’t a brave girl, she wasn’t very intelligent, and she wasn’t all that ambitious either. By all standarts Hannah should not have remained in the castle to fight a fight that was’t her own. But she had to. She was a true Hufflepuff. Loyal. And just. She turned a corridor with a swift motion, but something hard stopped her on her tracks. It was a Death Eater.

A chilling laugh perforated the ears of poor Hannah.

"You silly girl! Crucio! Oh this is fun!“ - the Death Eater looked maniacal, as he looked her in the eyes. Silent tears poured down her face as she attempted to resist the curse, her body twisting in unimaginable poses and her mind running aimless. At first she tried to think of her friends, of her family, but at the end all he could feel was the indescribable pain.
"Finite!" said the Death Eather and with a loud "THUT" the girl slammed on the floor. The attacker, enjoying the spectacle, saw the stout seventeen year old draw her knees up to her chest. The Death Eater raised his wand towards her. Hannah knew what was about to happen, but could do nothing. The Death Eater did not use Avada Kevadra…he performed the stunning spell thrice to her heart, and four times to her head.
She opened her eyes wide as she crumpled motionless to the ground. The Death Eater laughed and walked away, not wasting any more time with her.

"Finish it"

That was it. There was nothing else to do. She gave up. She could feel her consciousness leave her body.

Swamped, Hannah Abbott, has been eliminated.

Ernie Macmillan: "Hannah, he's a Parselmouth. Everyone knows that's the mark of a Dark Wizard, have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself, Serpent-tongue."
Hannah: "Harry always seemed so nice though, and after all he is the one who made You-Know-Who disappear."
Ernie Macmillan: "That's probably why You-Know-Who wanted to kill him in the first place!"
— Ernie sharing his view of Harry Potter with Hannah

Welcome to Hogwarts! Now, where to put you?

You are Hannah Abbott

Hannah was easily flustered, and appeared to lack self-confidence, as was evidenced by her breakdown in Herbology and her claims of being stupid. It seemed that, when under pressure, she was prone to making mistakes. Despite this, Hannah was a loyal friend, and showed her bravery firstly by joining Dumbledore's Army, and then fighting in the defense of Hogwarts.
You have the power to VOTE! Once per Day you can use the command VOTE:pLAYERNAME to vote against another player.

You are aligned with Hogwarts.

You win when all Death Eater aligned players have been eliminated.

Our list of Players:
Players:
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead was replaced by Miracle
28 [f] Sawneeks

Day 2 begins

Votes required to reach majority: 14.

Also, Miracle has replaced Zippedpinhead

Gorlak

Banned
Now letting the night kill aside, I am REALLY interested if you think lynching Rats was a good idea! In the following I'll give you my impression:

This was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a game. Rats for fucks sake, you were NK IMMUNE! WTF? Why did you offer to lynch yourself? This was really stupid. Sorry.
Of course there was a possibility you get blocked and therefore somebody random dies, but what the hell?! The possibility was rather small, especially if you keep low. At least the first couple of nights you could have went undetected and HELP us. Instead you chose the easy option out and said fuck you all, I'm going home.
You had a very powerfull role... Immune to night kills, you could have taken a hit or two and prevent others from dying. And the possibility of you getting blocked was how high? 1/21 ~ 1/23? Depending on the number of scum members... Yeah, the chance of absorbing a nk was the same, but what you did was very anti town. One random kill in a night would've not costed us the game, but the possible gains were good. The random kill could've hit scum as well.
Why did you do this? Others said you are a good player and you have taken yourself out of the game, this was a bad move. I do not understand your choice :(

Rynam

Now letting the night kill aside, I am REALLY interested if you think lynching Rats was a good idea! In the following I'll give you my impression:

This was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a game. Rats for fucks sake, you were NK IMMUNE! WTF? Why did you offer to lynch yourself? This was really stupid. Sorry.
Of course there was a possibility you get blocked and therefore somebody random dies, but what the hell?! The possibility was rather small, especially if you keep low. At least the first couple of nights you could have went undetected and HELP us. Instead you chose the easy option out and said fuck you all, I'm going home.
You had a very powerfull role... Immune to night kills, you could have taken a hit or two and prevent others from dying. And the possibility of you getting blocked was how high? 1/21 ~ 1/23? Depending on the number of scum members... Yeah, the chance of absorbing a nk was the same, but what you did was very anti town. One random kill in a night would've not costed us the game, but the possible gains were good. The random kill could've hit scum as well.
Why did you do this? Others said you are a good player and you have taken yourself out of the game, this was a bad move. I do not understand your choice :(

He would only be NK immune if he didn't trink the potion, so every night he's immune, someone dies at random.

Kawl_USC

He was only NK immune if he killed someone at random as well. So a net neutral loss unless he happens to random kill scum.

Yeah I'm a bit puzzled at Rats sacrificing himself. Just drink the potion every night and play normally. Yes he could get roleblocked, but those are low odds. As it is, we're down another townie with not much to show for Day 1.

Only one death last night. Doesn't rule out a neutral killer, but possibly a successful roleblock/doctor.

Miracle

But it wasn't "he" that took himself out of the game. It was "us" that chose to vote him out and lynch him in the first place.

He asked to be lynched, but people didn't have to comply with it. Could have just ignored such a request and could have continued to vote to lynch Burbeting.

Let's not continue to be rash and vote to lynch someone just because they said they wished to be lynched. Even if what they said about being potentially being harmful to us is true.

But alas, as far as why he requested such an action? I guess he didn't want to be responsible for killing our own no matter what. :(

Kawl_USC

Yeah I'm a bit puzzled at Rats sacrificing himself. Just drink the potion every night and play normally. Yes he could get roleblocked, but those are low odds. As it is, we're down another townie with not much to show for Day 1.

Only one death last night. Doesn't rule out a neutral killer, but possibly a successful roleblock/doctor.

He may have thought he only had one shot of the potion to use (the flavor text in the end of day seems maybe to leans that way) or he may have simply seen his role as a negative role slightly worse than a plain villager. Which it was. If scum have a role blocker (from his role pm I would say it's a decent bet) then he becomes a kill from being directly targeted by NK or when role blocked (the kill would be another person at random, with chances of it being a village aligned role high). So where as any other roles being blocked could have a bad consequence (lack of info from some type of tracker/lookout/cop or lack of protection from doctor) his role nearly guaranteed a bad outcome if blocked.

Just my two cents. I also think moving beyond this topic pretty quickly and either more into analyzing who voted how yesterday or the NK will be more fruitful.

Gorlak

Banned
Oh, I must have read that wrong than. Only immune if he kills at night. Okay, clearly he could have not been a shield, but this doesn't change the fact, that he could've contributed.

Kalor

At the time he seemed like a good alternative since I believe Burbeting but I don't understand why they did it on D1. They said we would get information from their role pm but I didn't notice anything that stood out as important.

Also J guess ordinarys are named in this game.

Kawl_USC

At the time he seemed like a good alternative since I believe Burbeting but I don't understand why they did it on D1. They said we would get information from their role pm but I didn't notice anything that stood out as important.

Also J guess ordinarys are named in this game.

I would say Rats may have thought that Burb was telling the truth and as a role with a non killing downside wanted to save, but Rats said he had planned to announce before the day even started.

Pretty sure Rats was talking about some of the flavor speculation around Snape, Wolfsbane potion, Lupin, werewolves, etc.

And yea from Swamped's role it seems that everyone in the game will be named, which gives further validity to scum having safe claims provided.

I agree with Rats decision. His role was very risky, and would have pushed us to endgame far faster then we should want. If he had used his power last night we would have 2 dead people, and most likely 2 dead town. With town always in the majority the odds would have always been stacked against us. This hopefully gives us extra time to weed out the scum through discussion, and power roles, versus pure randomness.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not sure about the Rats kill myself. On one hand, he was basically a regular town unless role blocked...so I'm not sure of how much of a liability he was. I don't know if he could ever safely use his NK ability...maybe as a last resort. Still, we probably got some useful information from it. See how people reacted to both Burb and Rats, and we'll have better profiles than we would have otherwise.

Swamped...I think she was a very strong and insightful player. She provided a lot of reads in Day 1. It's worth taking a hard look at her reads...maybe she was on to something. Or maybe scum just want us to think she was on to something.

One thing is for sure, although Swamped was a regular townie, I think her death was a big loss. I'd keep an eye on other similarly vocal players from day 1. With Swamped gone, a vocal Death Eater is going to have more opportunity to influence the votes from now on.

Gorlak

Banned
And yea from Swamped's role it seems that everyone in the game will be named, which gives further validity to scum having safe claims provided.

And with the reveal of "Hannah Abott" of whom I have zero memories, now everyone knows we have like really unimportant characters in the game.

And with the reveal of "Hannah Abott" of whom I have zero memories, now everyone knows we have like really unimportant characters in the game.

Yep you know they're desperite when the Hufflepuffs are called in.

My condolences to Neville. Gotta find another find future wife now. Time paradoxes left and right.

Kawl_USC

I'm not sure about the Rats kill myself. On one hand, he was basically a regular town unless role blocked...so I'm not sure of how much of a liability he was. I don't know if he could ever safely use his NK ability...maybe as a last resort. Still, we probably got some useful information from it. See how people reacted to both Burb and Rats, and we'll have better profiles than we would have otherwise.

Swamped...I think she was a very strong and insightful player. She provided a lot of reads in Day 1. It's worth taking a hard look at her reads...maybe she was on to something. Or maybe scum just want us to think she was on to something.

One thing is for sure, although Swamped was a regular townie, I think her death was a big loss. I'd keep an eye on other similarly vocal players from day 1. With Swamped gone, a vocal Death Eater is going to have more opportunity to influence the votes from now on.

Assuming a role blocker (scum or not) he was almost twice as much of a liability as a normal villager. If there was more than one role blocked his role only gets worse.

As far as Swamped goes I will need to go back and look over her posts from D1. She didn't strike me as super active (on the level of hyper for example) but she had her alliance list and a follow up reads list which could be useful to review. I hesitate to say more active players should be placed under additional suspicion than those flying under the radar simply because a player on the active side was killed. But I do agree everyone should be looking for those exerting undue control over the course of discussion.

Gorlak

Banned
I agree with Rats decision. His role was very risky, and would have pushed us to endgame far faster then we should want. If he had used his power last night we would have 2 dead people, and most likely 2 dead town.

What? If he did not claim, why would anyone pick Rats as a block target? Now with his role it's likely we have a scum roleblocker, but he wasn't particularly noticeable before the claim.Why would Rats use his power? Simply take the potion and be done with it. In his position I would have risked it (at least the first night).

@Blarg: Cut the crap. Seriously.

Gorlak

Banned
Vote: Arkos

It's still the same reasoning as yesterday to which you didn't (couldn't?) react. Three little posts and nothing but fluff. Please speak up and share your view.

Kawl_USC

What? If he did not claim, why would anyone pick Rats as a block target? Now with his role it's likely we have a scum roleblocker, but he wasn't particularly noticeable before the claim.Why would Rats use his power? Simply take the potion and be done with it. In his position I would have risked it (at least the first night).

@Blarg: Cut the crap. Seriously.

I agree that he probably could have laid low. But if he is going to have to lay low and out of the spotlight, what's the point of sticking around. As soon as he began to make any meaningful reads or question vote patterns or anything like that he becomes a more likely target. All it takes is for him to get role blocked once and he has likely done harm to the village. So either he slow plays and doesn't contribute as a high activity poster (and it seems some already had a high opinion of him so a vet scum player may have decided to target him early on a whim any how) or he risk hurting his team.

But okay, that's the last I'm going to say about Rats decision to ask to be lynched. I think it's one of the least useful topics to discuss. Looking at voting patterns and Swamped's post for a bit now.

Top Bottom