• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REZ INFINITE coming to PSVR!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Played it. Wore the suit.

It's awesome. Didn't even use the left stick to aim, just looked around and pressed X

Most intense 3 minutes of gaming. Complete sensory overload

btkadams

Played it. Wore the suit.

It's awesome. Didn't even use the left stick to aim, just looked around and pressed X

Most intense 3 minutes of gaming. Complete sensory overload
omg this sounds amazing.

is the suit something that would be available to consumers?

btkadams

Playstation Blog says the suit is one-of-a-kind and won't be produced for sale. Sounds like they're planning to treat the suit as a touring showpiece, so at least other people will get the chance to try it beyond PSX.
damn! is this at least available for regular people at PSX? going tomorrow and would love to check it out. the blog post mentions "the lucky few" being able to try it at PSX, but i'm not sure if that just means any PSX attendee or a lucky few within those attendees.

Pif

Banned
Gimme this vomit inducer right now. I'll gloriously puke all over the place amd continue till I platinum the shit out of this. Fuck yes.

john tv

damn! is this at least available for regular people at PSX? going tomorrow and would love to check it out. the blog post mentions "the lucky few" being able to try it at PSX, but i'm not sure if that just means any PSX attendee or a lucky few within those attendees.
Unfortunately it's appointment only (primarily media) but definitely hearing everyone's opinions and feedback on the matter!

Timeless

Unfortunately it's appointment only (primarily media) but definitely hearing everyone's opinions and feedback on the matter!
I totally understand Sony not manufacturing anything like this suit, but there's gotta be some way to let crazy end-users in on some of the magic. Rez HD let you use extra controllers for vibration, and previous Rez versions of course had the Trance Vibrator.

Krejlooc

Banned
If I can't strap some kind of vibrating vest across my body while I play this in VR then modern technology has failed us.

xFCxEdj.jpg

MF8ynbf.jpg

neither works very well... but because of the way they'd work, they'd actually work pretty well with Rez

Krejlooc

Banned
For those who have lost their shit over this, if you check this post in the TxK OT you'll notice it's looking VERY likely that we'll get that for PSVR as well.

I would hope that includes the PC version, too.

The worst part about what happened to TxK VR is that the visuals are improved over the original version. There are lots and lots of tiny differences all over. TxK VR really is the single best version of Tempest there is.

Necro900

Maybe I'm missing something but.. The game isn't actually what we saw on the psx conference screen, right? That has to be the "second screen" feed, with the third person view. 'Cause if it's third person inside the PSVR too.. well, talk about a missed chance.

Could someone who has tried it chime in and clarify?

Spwn

I love REZ so this is pretty much a killer-app for me personally. Was already convinced to get PSVR anyways, though.

kyser73

A couple of mates and I used to play Rez
I think I might have to revisit that experience in VR with this, followed by a session in Tempest...which we'd also play wasted...

hodgy100

Maybe I'm missing something but.. The game isn't actually what we saw on the psx conference screen, right? That has to be the "second screen" feed, with the third person view. 'Cause if it's third person inside the PSVR too.. well, talk about a missed chance.

3rd person works pretty well in vr too no reason it shouldnt be

0racle

Wait. I'm all about ingenuity in gaming.

But I would kick my own ass if I caught myself wearing vr headset, vibration suit, headphones and holding a controller.

where can I try?

Navid

Who cares about Rez and We Are... I just want a wireless version of that vibration suite to wear all day every day!

Yay, Rez!

Rez has always had a first person mode that you can unlock, but I think it will work great in VR in third person. I'd rather be able to see my dude evolving.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's the first VR game that I feel I absolutely need to try at some point. I love Rez so much...

Other than VR, is there anything new in this version VS Rez HD?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
A whole new area by the sounds of it. I'm not sure if it was an area cut from the original or something brand new.

Whaaaaaat? Okay, I'm happily purchasing Rez for the 3rd time even if i don't plan to buy a VR headset anytime soon! :)

Top Bottom