• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2015 Thread: The Year of Dreams

dugdug

Banned
Presumably all parties reviewed their line-up of announcements for PSX and what's slated for next year, and Shu decides they don't want to show them at this event.

I know things happen, and, I'm sure everything you're saying is accurate, but, I'm just running out of patience with WWS.

Elfstruck

If Bend's game isn't ready or has no gameplay to show, then, how are they still an active studio?

It's the *PlayStation* experience. They could have announced something. They went with MLB and that Taxi game.

Fucked it.

Hmm, let's see. They canned multiple PS vita projects over the last 2-3 years. Their PS4 game didn't really take off until early this year. Do you want them to show off unfinished prototype that will not be the actual game. Besides, their studio has only <100 employee, they can only do so much.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
already the salt had begun on my FB page

b916bda2e21d1293429e86f81b477d3d.png

Look at all those Square Enix JRPGs on the Xbox One.

I know things happen, and, I'm sure everything you're saying is accurate, but, I'm just running out of patience with WWS.

Patience with SSM and Bend, you mean?

All other studios are just fine in regard to their release timeline + announcement timelines. It's only those 2 that feel a bit iffy.

And even SSM is a stretch, because their last game was 2013. We're only 2+ years since their last game.

Thewonandonly

ehhhh, could be better. Hopefully get some more announcements soon. Adam boyes said this year was sparse, yikes for next year. Lets not have a repeat of the last 2 holidays where nothing came out as well
I know I don't want my Microsoft fan boyism to stick out to much (even tho I am a fanboy) they have been killing it. When u compare microsofts line up to PlayStation it's not even close and I'm surprised no one talks about it as much. Next year does look pretty good for them exspecially horizon which jumped to my most hyped game besides gears. But where the hell is Sony bend. And WHERE THE FUCK IS KRATOS!!!!!!!!! God of war is the reason I bought a PS4 and I want it now.

0racle

Anyone else just glad they got to watch a Sony presser in December on a Saturday created for no other reason other than to celebrate the success of the PS brand?

Pejo

Had an amazing day at the PSX event, but I am absolutely exhausted. Finally got to try VR, and it was amazing. The keynote was ok, the only major "WOW"s from me were Ace Combat 7 and Ni No Kuni 2, but I got to try a ton of games on the floor.

I even broke down and played Dark Souls 3 for a bit. As of when I left, they still hadn't even had one person beat the first boss in the entire day. There was an entire box of prizes that nobody got, haha. I am super upset I waited so long and missed out on the free "Praise The Sun!" Christmas T-shirt though.

Can't wait to head back in tomorrow. This is my first gaming event, and it's definitely been worth it.

Pop

Anyone else just glad they got to watch a Sony presser in December on a Saturday created for no other reason other than to celebrate the success of the PS brand?

I am

By you know how the internet is. Easy to type nonsense when you're anonymous.

finalflame

Gold Member
Considering this event didn't even fucking exist and we'd be going mostly news-less until GDC, I am quite happy.

PSX has been an amazing experience and can't wait to go back for Day 2.

All I really needed was Ni No Kuni 2, though. They delivered on that AND FFVII gameplay plus a ton of awesome tidbits throughout. I'd have loved megatons such as PSN name change and more TLG, but such is life.

Jennipeg

+1 I genuinely don't understand the expectation of a new AAA game. This event didn't even exist 2 years ago, and now it has to be on the same level as E3? I thought this conference was better than Paris personally. More games i'm interested in anyway.

webkatt

fml if you don't like spoilers do not watch the Uncharted 4 panel where Greg Miller is interviewing Neil and the Uncharted 4 cast.

Spoilers for what?

I assume they are uncharted spoilers?

Uncharted 3 came out in like 2011ish, you may be a little past LTTP?

Unless your new to PS, The collection came out a month or two ago.

Rymuth

I'm more gladdened I got to share it with GAF. Aside from the expected drive-by posts from the usual riffraff, this has been magical.

Spoilers for what?

I assume they are uncharted spoilers?

Uncharted 3 came out in like 2011ish, you may be a little past LTTP?

For Uncharted 4 when Greg asked a question spoilers took place and Neil Cringed, Neil's cringe said everything. Watch it again if you don't believe me. There was a huge spoiler at that panel. I am not LTTP I played every damn Uncharted game including Golden Abyss on the Vita.
When Sully chimed in that made it even worst and Neil's cringe reaction said everything. Its at the part where Greg said he always wants happy endings while playing Uncharted games. At the 42:10 second mark on the Twitch recording that's like the hugest spoiler ever and Nathan Drake himself spoiled it lol. Neil was like no no no nooo and cringed after Nathan said it and Nathans brother had his arms out like wtf? lol.

webkatt

For Uncharted 4 when Greg asked a question spoilers took place and Neil Cringed, Neil's cringe said everything. Watch it again if you don't believe me. There was a huge spoiler at that panel. I am not LTTP I played every damn Uncharted game including Golden Abyss on the Vita.
When Sully chimed in that made it even worst and Neil's cringe reaction said everything. Its at the part where Greg said he always wants happy endings while playing Uncharted games. At the 42:10 second mark on the Twitch recording that's like the hugest spoiler ever and Nathan Drake himself spoiled it lol. Neil was like no no no nooo and cringed after Nathan said it and Nathans brother had his arms out like wtf? lol.

In that case. I'm glad o didn't watch. Averting my eyes as I reply

sackninja

Why is everyone worried about first parties next year, did you all instantly forget Paris? I mean we have:
February: Gravity rusg remastered
March: Uncharted 4, Mlb 16
April: Ratchet and Clank

At the start of the next year. Then we have Horizon, Last guardian, Gravity rush 2, quite possibly Detroit, Dreams and gran turismo sport. They're just the retail releases. We also have Abzu, What remains of Edith finch, the two other free to play Sony san Diego games Kill strain and drwan to death, Shadow of the beast, alienation and matter fall, The tomorrow children and bound. I may be forgetting some.

And then you have the vr title, Rigs, London Heist,The Modern Zombie Taxi company, Rez infinite(don't know Sony's involvement in this).

Once you count in third party exclusives you get Dragon Quest Builders (maybe Japan only), Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, King of Fighters XIV (Console exclusive only?), No Man's Sky(console exclusive), Nioh(console exclusive?), Ace Combat 7, Nier automata, World of Final Fantasy(also vita), Yakuza Zero ect.

A good handful of these won't make 2016 of course but if only half do that's still quite a collection of games. I think you all might be getting caught up on Bend and Santa Monica.

Why is everyone worried about first parties next year, did you all instantly forget Paris? I mean we have:
February: Gravity rusg remastered
March: Uncharted 4, Mlb 16
April: Ratchet and Clank

At the start of the next year. Then we have Horizon, Last guardian, Gravity rush 2, quite possibly Detroit, Dreams and gran turismo sport. They're just the retail releases. We also have Abzu, What remains of Edith finch, the two other free to play Sony san Diego games Kill strain and drwan to death, Shadow of the beast, alienation and matter fall, The tomorrow children and bound. I may be forgetting some.

And then you have the vr title, Rigs, London Heist,The Modern Zombie Taxi company, Rez infinite(don't know Sony's involvement in this).

Once you count in third party exclusives you get Dragon Quest Builders (maybe Japan only), Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, King of Fighters XIV (Console exclusive only?), No Man's Sky(console exclusive), Nioh(console exclusive?), Ace Combat 7, Nier automata, World of Final Fantasy(also vita), Yakuza Zero ect.

A good handful of these won't make 2016 of course but if only half do that's still quite a collection of games. I think you all might be getting caught up on Bend and Santa Monica.

Remember, they don't count because reasons.

It was enjoyable. It's a celebration of videogames and playstation. It doesn't mean it's a, "here are what all of our studios are working on. We may or may not have teasers or trailers but trust us because they are working on them so let's announce them here and now without showing anything or without telling you when our games are going to be released."

People really need to stop hyping themselves up for crazy reveals. What happened at E3 doesn't mean it's necessarily going to happen here, at TGS, or at PGW. Keep your expectations low and checked.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Should have renamed the show the Multiplatform Experience.

We have GDC, we have Paris/Cologne/Leipzig, and we have especially E3 for big first party announcements and some really big and unexpected third party news.

PS Experience is a new event, not substituting but adding to a pretty long list of public events/keynotes Sony has throughout the year and the news they bring out mid events. For launch of new hardware they even have their own events. I think we should appreciate it for what it is and who it targets and before dismissing all the quirky little games it gives space to and all the third parties it highlights we should remember that games diversity and third parties dedication is what has always made PlayStation great and financially successful too btw.

We saw new footage of key Sony upcoming AAA titles, we had the PS2 enhanced support announced before the event, we saw new first party games announced at the event, and we had tons of software debuting at the event, VR exclusives included. Unexpected software too, like Rez Infinite and Yakuza 0 coming to the West, Full Throttle, Ace Combat 7, etc...

Necro900

Since nobody opened a thread about the game's presentation, I just wanted to know: am I the only one that has noticed a slight graphical downgrade on the reboot of Ratchet and Clank?

Even with the low quality stream I was perfectly able to notice a lot more shimmering on far away models and lower quality motion blur than what has been seen before.

I hope I'm wrong, though, the first gameplay videos were just brilliant.

ehhhh, could be better. Hopefully get some more announcements soon. Adam boyes said this year was sparse, yikes for next year. Lets not have a repeat of the last 2 holidays where nothing came out as well

Erm, rather than get bits & pieces here, here's a tentative incomplete ( gotta rework the whole thing, to properly clarify the status of some games (first, etc etc) list that covers a large majority of Playstation exclusives coming next year. From there, it's kinda your own personal preferences whether or not the line-up next year is good or not.

fGGoMQX.png

When people get hyped about paying for backwards compatability on a per game basis and a final fantasy game despite every ff game released in the last decade Sony might as well announce Boyes will shit directly in your mouth for 50 bucks and people would act like it was the golden age of gaming.

It's a massacre on their wallets I tell you Lol

I know I don't want my Microsoft fan boyism to stick out to much (even tho I am a fanboy) they have been killing it. When u compare microsofts line up to PlayStation it's not even close and I'm surprised no one talks about it as much. Next year does look pretty good for them exspecially horizon which jumped to my most hyped game besides gears. But where the hell is Sony bend. And WHERE THE FUCK IS KRATOS!!!!!!!!! God of war is the reason I bought a PS4 and I want it now.
It's all perspective though, people have different taste? Literally nothing but Scalebound of theirs interests me at all. Where as games like Bloodborne, Dragon Quest Heroes, Resogun, Persona 5, Horizon, No Man's Sky, Ni No Kuni 2, Last Guardian and a ton of the indie games etc etc interest me waaaay more.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I met Wario64 today. I can confirm he is in fact not a robot. I think.

Jamie OD

And this was during the same week where we got a few other announcements from The Game Awards. Plus there's Nintendo announcing new Smash Bros info at some point this month. We have been spoiled rotten this week.

kiguel182

Should have renamed the show the Multiplatform Experience.

Do you need games to be exclusive to enjoy them?

Every game they talked about is coming to the PS4. That's what matters. "Hey, this cool game is coming here, nice".

Who cares if it's out on other stuff? Is the game worth more because only you can play it?

The obsession for exclusives is just sad. The more people enjoy games the better.

sackninja

Some Ratchet and Clank info (may be thread worthy, haven't seen one): From the Live cast on the play station channel.
-Three brand new planets
-Every planet has new content
-Most cut scenes are in engine however some are scenes from the movie.
-"New weapon upgrade system, use raritanium to upgrade specific elements of the weapon, sounds very similar to Tools of Destruction to me.
-Story told by Quark, don't remember the first game perfectly but parts of the story details seemed very different.

kiguel182

Is The Witness laughing on X1 too? I thought that was console exclusive or timed exclusive at least.

Next year is going to be a good year for games that's for sure.

EDIT: It's a Console Debut there. Just checked.

hesido

I fell asleep 4 or 5 times while I was watching the archived stream. Granted, it was well past my usual bed time but there wasn't any "eye openers".

Top Bottom