• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Koji-pro official site!
http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/
CWU6BOdXIAEtYaZ.jpg:large

Cybernetics? Snatchers?

zm5ws1w74r5f.jpg

Almost certain they'll set him up on UE4 and he'll hit the ground running. Don't think his next game will take 5 years this time.

Lingitiz

How in the hell is he going to get that it in time?

I can't imagine him doing a big budget thing... at least not on the scale of his past works.

could pull a titanfall. or mass effect. first title is console exclusive, rest are multiplat.

Too early to say, but the big benefit for Kojima with this deal is it gives them a lot of leeway and support while they get going. In a few years time when they have a built up studio, they may not need it anymore.

SarusGray

it would be terrible if the first series in the franchise was available on PC to lure PC players to PS4 but the rest weren't.

All joking aside Sony's openness to PC really is refreshing, One day I can play pokemon on PC.

Jubern

After hating on MGSV as much as I did I hate myself for thinking that way, but I seriously can't wait for whatever comes out of this.

Cartman86

Banned
We are Homo Ludens (Those who play).
From the moment we enter this world,
we instinctively invent ways to have "fun",
and share our inventions with those around us.
We are not asked to do this,
nor do we need reasons to create. It is simply who we are.
We find one another
and compete with one another.
We laugh together and cry together all while playing together.
Our experiences bind us and liberate us.
To share our most valuable experiences,
we create stories, invent tools, and evolve the art of play.
Play has been our ally since the dawn of civilization.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime,
it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation.
Truth be told, Homo Ludens (Those who Play) are
simultaneously Homo Faber (Those who Create).
Even if the earth were stripped
of life and reduced to a barren wasteland, our imagination and de
to create would survive beyond survival,
it would provide hope that flowers may one day bloom again.
Through the invention of play, our new evolution awaits.
KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS We are Homo Ludens.
We are those who play.
Hideo Kojima

Sounds a lot like what happened with Titanfall.

Assuming whatever it is good, I also hope it inevitably goes multiplat like Titanfall will.

Almost certain they'll set him up on UE4 and he'll hit the ground running. Don't think his next game will take 5 years this time.

UE4 is awesome and versatile. He probably has so many different kinds of games and topics he wants to do. He's probably been sitting on things for a long time too.

That fucking logo though. I'm so happy, despite the whole console exclusive thing, Playstation is definitely the place where KojiPro belongs.

Koji-pro official site!

Googling Ludens since don't know what ludens means.

Homo Ludens or "Man the Player" (alternatively, "Playing Man") is a book written in 1938 by Dutch historian and cultural theorist Johan Huizinga. It discusses the importance of the play element of culture and society. Huizinga suggests that play is primary to and a necessary (though not sufficient) condition of the generation of culture.

Fat4all

Banned
We are Homo Ludens (Those who play).
From the moment we enter this world,
we instinctively invent ways to have "fun",
and share our inventions with those around us.
We are not asked to do this,
nor do we need reasons to create. It is simply who we are.
We find one another
and compete with one another.
We laugh together and cry together all while playing together.
Our experiences bind us and liberate us.
To share our most valuable experiences,
we create stories, invent tools, and evolve the art of play.
Play has been our ally since the dawn of civilization.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime,
it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation.
Truth be told, Homo Ludens (Those who Play) are
simultaneously Homo Faber (Those who Create).
Even if the earth were stripped
of life and reduced to a barren wasteland, our imagination and de
to create would survive beyond survival,
it would provide hope that flowers may one day bloom again.
Through the invention of play, our new evolution awaits.
KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS We are Homo Ludens.
We are those who play.
Hideo Kojima

I can feel the Kojima flowing through me...

Pooya

they are looking for weapons/mechanical artist and there is a mention of UE/Unity experience under game designer entry.

Everyone is going crazy over that logo but I can't make sense of it. Is there something I'm missing? It just looks like a skull with a bunch of random shapes and lines.

Funny thing is just weeks ago, Adam Kovic of Rooster Teeth's Funhaus and The Know, doubled down on the Kojima to Microsoft rumors. Remember that just prior to E3, The Know claimed that Microsoft had acquired the Silent Hill(s) IP from Konami for billions (only two major outlets reported on The Know's rumor- Shacknews and IGN). Then a few weeks ago, Adam was on Kinda Funny's Gamecast, where he said with near certainty that Kojima was going to Microsoft. When he brought it up, he asked Greg and Tim if they heard about the "big leak" from E3 (does it count as a "big leak" if no one takes it seriously?). He went on to say the E3 "leak" was true, but Konami demanded to own part of Microsoft. He said that Microsoft decided that they'd rather wait for Kojima to leave Konami and make a Silent Hill-esque game. He said Konami was stupid to turn down Microsoft's money. He also claimed the partnership was most likely happening at The Game Awards because Kojima and Keighley are tight.

Uh-huh....

Top Bottom