• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clicked the link at the bottom, where it said to print me a code. However, I keep getting taken to the same Staples screen as before.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I don't know.

It's just the Welcome to Staples.ca page...

Use this link to generate the code:
http://smartcanucks.ca/staples-canada-coupon-save-20-when-you-spend-100-online-or-in-store/

Was having the same problems as you then I tried this. Just bought two $50 codes with this for $80.

Wait a second. Staples adds taxes to PS+ Memberships? Does Playstationstore do that? If not, then we're only looking at a $5 savings. Less then that actually because I had to buy and eraser as filler just to get it to the $100 mark. I'm saving $3.96 per year. Only having to buy the second year just to use a coupon.

Use this link to generate the code:
http://smartcanucks.ca/staples-canada-coupon-save-20-when-you-spend-100-online-or-in-store/

Was having the same problems as you then I tried this. Just bought two $50 codes with this for $80.

Thanks, but I've tried this already. It just takes me to the Welcome to Staples homepage.

I was sent a code through PM, and used it, but it didn't work when I checked out.

I guess I'm shit outta' luck. Oh well. This is why I hate shopping online and just go to stores.

Thanks, but I've tried this already. It just takes me to the Welcome to Staples homepage.

I was sent a code through PM, and used it, but it didn't work when I checked out.

I guess I'm shit outta' luck. Oh well. This is why I hate shopping online and just go to stores.

did you type in the captcha code after you entered in your code? I forgot to enter it the first time I checked out so it didn't work so I tried again, after noticing the captcha code and it worked.

Wait a second. Staples adds taxes to PS+ Memberships? Does Playstationstore do that? If not, then we're only looking at a $5 savings. Less then that actually because I had to buy and eraser as filler just to get it to the $100 mark. I'm saving $3.96 per year. Only having to buy the second year just to use a coupon.

Nah. You don't actually get charged the tax. They do list it when you put the transaction through though.

Savitar

Getting a new wave of nostalgia.

svXip5w.jpg

I'll still buy games... I just won't buy as many.

I remember those days. Most blame got put on it due to be cartridges, production and chips.

FFIII, Chrono Trigger, such games easily cost me near 120 in the day tax and all.

I wonder if the title should be Canada Gaming and Discussion: We need our pennies back.

Staples charging tax on the PSN cards? Almost a good deal.

They don't. It shows up when you go to process the transaction but the confirmation you receive via email shows they aren't charging it.

I double checked on my CC and it showed that they did not charge me the tax.

Yasumi

Banned
They don't. It's only on the checkout. When you received your order #, you won't see any taxes on it.

They don't. It shows up when you go to process the transaction but the confirmation you receive via email shows they aren't charging it.

I double checked on my CC and it showed that they did not charge me the tax.

Thanks, can confirm no tax. Had me worried for a sec. Should be set for PSN purchases for a while.

Clive

Got two times $50 PSN cards for $80. No tax even if they said I would pay tax all the way until I checked out. Thank you to the people who posted the deal.

krae_man

I think the simple solution would be to have a date prompt come up when purchasing the warranty. I don't think that would be that hard to do. Require to the end user to enter the date of purchase before putting through the transaction. That would have saved me $45 as they then can warn you that the extended warranty would not apply to my purchase.

Seems like a simple enough fix.

Also, maybe require it to be purchased through the website and prompt for a serial number entry. I definitely think situations like this could be avoided.

Would you mind PMing me all the specific details including dates?

I'll see what I can help move things along via MVP channels.

Ah ok so first go here and get your code...

Buy 2 $50 network cards to avoid the filler...

http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStatio...-10&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-l9XTDJoDD5YiNR4TAi5d2Q

Ignore the shipping and taxes that shows up (even after the purchase has been completed).

Then go to the PS store and buy your yearly subscriptions to PSN.

Got it! Now are they actually mailing these cards out or are they sending out codes to redeem them?

EDIT: Added the link to the download codes instead of the snail mail card.

Lexxism

Ah ok so first go here and get your code...

http://smartcanucks.ca/staples-canad...e-or-in-store/

Buy 2 $50 network cards to avoid the filler...

http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStation...5_2-CA_1_20001

Ignore the shipping and taxes that shows up (even after the purchase has been completed).

Then go to the PS store and buy your yearly subscriptions to PSN.

Got it! Now are they actually mailing these cards out or are they sending out codes to redeem them?
The one you linked is for mail. They have a separate one for download code http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStationNetwork-50-Electronic-Code/product_1622252_2-CA_1_20001

Found out why the code generator didn't work. It was my browser.

But what's up with this?

Merchandise Total : $100.00
Coupons/Rewards : -$20.00
Shipping: Free
Estimated GST (or HST): $10.40
Total : $90.40

EDIT: Okay, I saw the email said $80.00

Thanks, guys

Would you mind PMing me all the specific details including dates?

I'll see what I can help move things along via MVP channels.

Thanks,

I will send you the details later today. Though I may not bother at this point. I researched a few more fixes for the disc eject issue and a couple of them seem to solve the issue without much fuss.

It's still frustrating that I paid into a service that I didn't qualify for. A simple date gate would have saved me $45.

Yasumi

Banned
Found out why the code generator didn't work. It was my browser.

But what's up with this?

Merchandise Total : $100.00
Coupons/Rewards : -$20.00
Shipping: Free
Estimated GST (or HST): $10.40
Total : $90.40

Check your email after, it should say $80.

Yeah I accidentally picked the snail mail cards.
Butts, same here. I'm using it for something that won't be out for a little while, so it's not the end of the world.

Yeah I accidentally picked the snail mail cards.

I almost did, too, and would have if it wasn't for the link in this thread. (Thanks again)

Honestly, though: snail mail cards would've been okay. But I likely would've just opted to pick them up in town. I just hate the unknown, waiting for delivery, worrying about things getting lost or not arriving.

krae_man

The one you linked is for mail. They have a separate one for download code http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStationNetwork-50-Electronic-Code/product_1622252_2-CA_1_20001

How long does it take to get the email with the codes?

Airmiles was a nice bonus!

Edit: Had to check to see when my Plus expired. I had tons of free Plus time from all the Sony Events/Conventions I've went to plus I bought 2 when they had that $30 black Friday sale a couple years ago. I still have a year left. Guess I'll do one year of plus and leave $50 in there for future purchases.

Ah. Had no idea I was waiting for an email with codes.

It hasn't arrived yet. I know that much.

PRODUCT DETAILS

Downloadable Software is nonrefundable and nonreturnable. When you purchase this item an electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc., normally within 24 hours after completing your purchase. You will not be shipped a CD or other physical goods. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order. Please note: A delivery charge may appear on your initial invoice however, this charge will be credited to your account once your order has been confirmed. There is no delivery charge for Electronic Download Orders.

Really wish I had went with two $50 PSN codes instead of PS+ codes. Might want to switch one for a $50 PSN Code if anyone is interested.

fulsome

Check your email after, it should say $80.

Butts, same here. I'm using it for something that won't be out for a little while, so it's not the end of the world.

Weird, I held out because it showed taxes but I can confirm that it shows up as $80 when I click on 'My Orders' after I placed the order.

Hey, a deal!

Thanks, got 2x$50 PSN cards for $80. Was a bit worried about that shipping charge but it wasn't there in the confirmation email.

Any idea how long it'll take to get the codes?

Really wish I had went with two $50 PSN codes instead of PS+ codes. Might want to switch one for a $50 PSN Code if anyone is interested.

If it's still processing then talk to chat. I initially bought $50 and PS+ and some pencil lead to go over $100, then realized I'm an idiot and could just buy PS+ from PSN at the same price using the credit, not to mention the waste of shipping pencil lead. So I talked to someone and switched over to just two $50 cards. It was quick and easy.

Thanks to those who posted the deals.

MikeyMike

Thanks for the tip!

Already used the coupon when I bought a Microsoft Band a few weeks ago so I had to create a new account.

Also tried to stack different coupons but since I'm at work I didn't waste more than 5 minutes on that.

Not as good as the 30$ deal a few years ago but still good enough.

If it's still processing then talk to chat. I initially bought $50 and PS+ and some pencil lead to go over $100, then realized I'm an idiot and could just buy PS+ from PSN at the same price using the credit, not to mention the waste of shipping pencil lead. So I talked to someone and switched over to just two $50 cards. It was quick and easy.

Thanks to those who posted the deals.

Just went to check my order number to see if it was still processing and it lists my order as CANCELLED!

WTF.

I didn't receive an email reflecting this.

Check your preorders!

Even the notebook I ordered with it is cancelled.

Just went to check my order number to see if it was still processing and it lists my order as CANCELLED!

WTF.

Check your preorders!

Mine is still listed as processing. I'll post here if that happens to change or if I happen to get the codes.

Has anyone received codes yet?

WTF.

Check your preorders!

Dang, that's messed up. Mine is still processing.

Hopefully it's an error and they don't start cancelling everyone's orders.

Talk to chat!

Did they? Seems like they don't know what the deal is. I spoke to someone to change my order and had no issues, coupon is still applied. For now at least.

My coupon didn't go through, and I had to pay full price. I got the order cancelled, then asked support because I tried to use it again and it didn't go through so I wanted them to override it. The lady said, "Sorry, we don't allow codes for cards."

jayu26

So I bought the shipping one because I did not read the thread properly. Just now I called them and switched it to Email. Couple of you who bought the shipping one might want to try that.

The person I was talking to cancelled my old order. I then asked about the coupon and she said that she can give me credit for my next purchase. I ordered the Email PSN card and then gave her the order number, at which point she applied $20 credit to new order.

nath999

Does anywhere beside Amazon sell the new Astro a40 TR set up for xbox one? I tried looking on bestbuy.ca but they only have the ps4 version and ebgames only has the old version.

I really only want the mixamp but no where sells that alone in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom