• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well it's Groundhog Day...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too much.
groundhogday1kjp3.gif

In Spain the movie is officialy called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day). Strange fuck up by the translators that thought the new spanish name for the movie would work better for marketing that translating the original english name as it is.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Put 'I got you babe' for wake up melody and you will relive the same day over and over again

Blobbers

GAF, what would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anton-Chekhov_zps4shkn4vs.jpg

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

winter4.jpg

Yes, but my father was a piano mover, so.

In Spain the movie is officialy called "Atrapado en el tiempo" (Trapped in time), but the majority of people still call the movie the name El Dia de la Marmota (The Groundhog Day).

If you call groundhogs "marmots" then what do you call all the other marmots?

Varjet

There was an X-Files episode based on this concept. It was fucking awful. It blows my mind that nobody in the script-meeting realised that it would be boring to watch the same events unfold 4 times, with negligable differences in each occurence until the final one.

Stargate had a similar episode. One of the best episodes in the series.

The husband of the newly wed couple that got the Wrestlemania tickets from Phil was General Zod in Man of Steel. I don't get this holiday.

Robin64

Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

dJED9Xs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom