• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Burbeting

Banned
el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
gorlak
coppanuva
blargonaut
fluxwavez
camjo-z
blargonaut
tl21xx
blargonaut

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac
ty4on

*splinter & cabot (4)
launchpadmcq
ty4on
*splinter
fluxwavez
kawl_usc

blargonaut & kawl_usc (13)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
timeaisis
camjo-z
tl21xx
launchpadmcq
kyanrute
ultrajay
retroid
fluxwavez
ultrajay
camjo-z
fluxwavez
batsnacks
cabot

hobohodo & ty4on (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
fluxwavez

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
gorlak
ty4on
blargonaut
karu

15 Votes Needed for Majority

Are you actually serious?

If I aid you in doing this then I'll be the ultimate hypocrite after what I said to Launch

I don't have a case for a direct lynching of *Splint x Cabot, although I suppose it could generate 3 leads as well, from seeing how their flip coincides with their relationship between you two Kark and Flux, and us

You know I love the crazy, but I know no one here is as committed to it as me.

I don't believe any of you will actually commit

Camjo-Z

Turboing Splinter while he's away sounds hilarious.

not gonna lie this would be hysterical

(and totally justified because this "extend the game to let someone weasel out at the last second" crap is shamefully obvious)

1. Timeflux backed down from their Name Cop role claim. There is no more apparent game-mechanical conflict with our Miller claim anymore. Our claim should garner validity from this.

2. Consider that there are scum hiding in this easy bussing of the claimed Miller. Both Kark x Zipped, Timeflux, *Splint and Cabot and Launch x Gorlak (?, I have to double-check this) have implored you all to end this day as fast possible. If you lynch Timeflux instead of us, you directly take care of a much more massive WIFOM problem than Team BLAWL (who are on almost equal terms with Kark x Zipped as we are both Tracker claimants; the only reason it is so convenient to lynch us instead of Timeflux is because of our Miller claim, but what is more scummy; We claimed to be a Miller/Tracker, dropping the first hint on D2 that we got results in seeing Kark x Zip visit us too but we kept that discreet in the light of no NK's occuring last Night as we thought they could have been the Doctor responsible, then Kark x Zip voluntarily revealed themselves, essentially stealing our Tracker role claim from us saying that he's the "real one" even though WE were first to hint that the N1 visit was mutual and therefore had to be between Trackers in the first place, then accusing us of being scum and a necessary lynch for our Miller claim despite it being a pro-Town move we had to do given the role we had? Or the pair claiming to be a Role Name Cop, saying that Flux dropped the claim without the other's consent and then refusing protection and then saying 'oops, sorry, we lied about being Investigative role' the Day after there was no NK, and then 2 other prominently active pairs, one of which is our main accuser, choose to back that shenanigans up and defend it after they said they lied?)

3. Why would you advocate to postpone gaining more potential lead information earlier rather than later? If you agree with me about Timeflux and the greater lead generation, then why wait, and why lynch us first then?

Also, I say that Kark x Zip and Splint x Cabot have been "extremely chummy" because they avoid antagonizing each other to the same amount that they have been tag-teaming us. Blarg x Kawl have been placed on the super-defensive by the both of them, even though Kark's claim of Tracker is just as equally attackable as our own; it is our Miller claim alone that separates us from Kark, and I believe they have been tandem-hounding us solely based on the Miller aspect of our claim because we are an easy bussing to a lynch for it, and they both save Timeflux, who they openly defend despite their shady fuckery, in the process of killing us. This is why I want to lynch Timeflux first, as it could potentially expose a greater evidence of scum collusion between those 3 pairs, than the easy lynching of the Miller who only has direct ties to one other pair, can achieve.

I hear you bro, but the thing I keep coming back to is the question of "why would Kark/Zipped start this in the first place if they're maf?" I can't really think of a good answer to that question, and if they're trying to divert attention from Flux as you suggest then they've failed spectacularly since getting you lynched won't change the horrible plays Flux/Time have made so far.

Also, I'd advocate to postpone gaining more potential lead information earlier because it's be dumb to let a maf stay alive on the off-chance that Flux's death might give us better insight on some other players.

FluxWaveZ

Ugh, fine, lame.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I found something more compelling to override my "final vote" thing earlier, but I'm not changing it anymore. Can others come in and finish this already.

FluxWaveZ

Well, I said that in response to Blarg's weakheartedness up top, and now I see other votes.

Think I'll come back a bit later and see what the hell's actually going on.

Camjo-Z

Stop tempting me with your lies

I know you'll just pull away sooner or later

charlie-brown.jpg

I'll consider it if you and Kark will both give your tracking results tomorrow, no tricks. We need information.

lmao

"We promise!"

*maf roleblocks real tracker, fake tracker claims roleblocked*

Whoops!

not gonna lie this would be hysterical

(and totally justified because this "extend the game to let someone weasel out at the last second" crap is shamefully obvious)

I hear you bro, but the thing I keep coming back to is the question of "why would Kark/Zipped start this in the first place if they're maf?" I can't really think of a good answer to that question, and if they're trying to divert attention from Flux as you suggest then they've failed spectacularly since getting you lynched won't change the horrible plays Flux/Time have made so far.

Also, I'd advocate to postpone gaining more potential lead information earlier because it's be dumb to let a maf stay alive on the off-chance that Flux's death might give us better insight on some other players.

yo shut up

We're playing the real game now

Burbeting

Banned
]el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (0)
gorlak
coppanuva
blargonaut
fluxwavez
camjo-z
blargonaut
tl21xx
blargonaut

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac
ty4on

*splinter & cabot (6)
launchpadmcq
ty4on
*splinter
fluxwavez
kawl_usc
zippedpinhead
karkador
blargonaut

blargonaut & kawl_usc (12)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
timeaisis
camjo-z
tl21xx
launchpadmcq
kyanrute
ultrajay
retroid
fluxwavez
ultrajay
camjo-z
fluxwavez
batsnacks
cabot
fluxwavez

hobohodo & ty4on (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
fluxwavez

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
gorlak
ty4on
blargonaut
karu

15 Votes Needed for Majority

Karkador

Banned
The one thing that's given me pause is that you seem pretty alone in trying to defend yourself. I mean, nobody has really debated this seriously. At all. Besides you.

Either that means mafia is doing a really good job of hiding (and under your direction, they could. Just tell them "I got this" and let them hang back.
Maybe Splinter is even your cohort, who knows.

Or, you really are alone, and trying your hardest to shake these claims.
And I'm telling you, they're true. We really are town trackers. And I'm afraid you might be, too, because maybe this game really is just fucked.

Timeaisis

The one thing that's given me pause is that you seem pretty alone in trying to defend yourself. I mean, nobody has really debated this seriously. At all. Besides you.

Either that means mafia is doing a really good job of hiding (and under your direction, they could. Just tell them "I got this" and let them hang back.
Maybe Splinter is even your cohort, who knows.

Or, you really are alone, and trying your hardest to shake these claims.
And I'm telling you, they're true. We really are town trackers. And I'm afraid you might be, too, because maybe this game really is just fucked.

Well, there are like 10 or so other people that are remaining pretty silent right now. Mafia could be taking that approach, I suppose, as to not draw attention to themselves. I could argue that defending Blarg at this moment would be a bad mafia move, since the suspicion on him started at the very beginning of the day and the other mafia saw the writing on the wall.

If Blarg flips scum, I think instead of looking for who was defending him, we should focus on who completely ignored it, or tried to stall. As much as I think Splinter is town, it really does seem like he's stalling here to save Blarg, even though he's been pretty forward with his accusations against him.

We went over the potential investigator roles, and if you are a Miller tracker and we are a town tracker and if you are a Miller there is an alignment cop. That's it. Three investigators.

We wouldn't put it past burb to make this the game.

So this is our vote of confidence..

Flame_AC

If you do both make it out of the day, you both can't waste the night tracking one another. We need each of you to follow someone else, don't say who, just in case, but try not to go for one another. Do you agree Blarg/Kark?

Karkador

Banned
If you do both make it out of the day, you both can't waste the night tracking one another. We need each of you to follow someone else, don't say who, just in case, but try not to go for one another. Do you agree Blarg/Kark?

I would rather we both chose the same target.

Flame_AC

I would rather we both chose the same target.

To further verify each claim, or to ensure that at least one track happens if there is a roleblocker?

Though as I type that, I see why. It makes sure that we get a tracking result for tomorrow.

How would you coordinate that though? Can't do it in here, could you? Because then that might put the target in danger of being killed during the night.

Kawl_USC

I think tracking one another again would be poor play, yes.

Kawl_USC

I believe, though I may be wrong, that a NKed player would still report a tracker result, if they submitted a thing

Their action should go through I believe. But my bigger fear is the person simply not taking an action and playing it off as being normal town, if we happen to find scum. It's taking our two revealed investigative powers and diluting it down to only one point of info.

Flame_AC

Their action should go through I believe. But my bigger fear is the person simply not taking an action and playing it off as being normal town, if we happen to find scum. It's taking our two revealed investigative powers and diluting it down to only one point of info.

But it also guarantees that town gets the information on Day 3 if both people track one target. Mafia is sure to want to kill a tracker.

Kawl_USC

But it also guarantees that town gets the information on Day 3 if both people track one target. Mafia is sure to want to kill a tracker.

That's a fair point, although I don't entirely see the difference between both of us targeting the same person, and us splitting our targets. Unless there is an agreed upon person who is more suspicious we would both be taking our best shots at scum. I guess I'm just not sure that giving the person potential heads up to circumvent our tracking by not acting is worth the trade.

Top Bottom