• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steph Curry Supernova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkgran

HelpfulWideeyedAnole.gif

I love Steph Curry, dude is just awesome, straight up money.
I hope Warriors go back to back and win the chip again this year, best team to watch in the NBA by far.

They are winning the Championship this year. There is NO WAY any team is beating them 4 out of 7 games.

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

Neo Member
That's one of the things giving me great joy this season. Seeing the Clips fail time and time again. Knowing they'll never break through to the Conference Finals much less the NBA Finals. And the fact that GS is going to run through any of the prime that Flopacopter has left.
I like this post.

Curry is on pace for ~410 3s this year.
400 threes in one year...

How is this possible? To beat a previous record by THAT much (his own record btw). It'd be like breaking the rushing yards record by running for 3500 yards, or passing for 7000. It's unprecedented. What can you even compare this too?

They are winning the Championship this year. There is NO WAY any team is beating them 4 out of 7 games.

That's what's interesting on top of all this, how do you justify as a team building a championship roster for a push at the Finals when you're 99% sure you'll be street pizza by the Warriors? Or next year? Or the year after that?

That's what's interesting on top of all this, how do you justify as a team building a championship roster for a push at the Finals when you're 99% sure you'll be street pizza by the Warriors? Or next year? Or the year after that?

Well if you're a perennial contender, your franchise makes a lot more money

Miracle

400 threes in one year...

How is this possible? To beat a previous record by THAT much (his own record btw). It'd be like breaking the rushing yards record by running for 3500 yards, or passing for 7000. It's unprecedented. What can you even compare this too?

It would be like a Baseball player breaking Ichiro Suzuki's 262 hits season record 3 or 4 times and how breaking Pete Rose's hits all time record by age 33 at that pace is likely.

I haven't followed Baseball that much in a while but so far there doesn't seem to be any Baseball version of Curry yet. I heard Mike Trout or Bryce Harper are pretty good though. :p

Miracle

The oddest thing is that the San Antonio Spurs are quietly having an absurd season as well.

Going into the season, they were expected too after LMA signing and signing David West for peanuts. So no one is surprised.

Funny enough going into the season, many people picked the Warriors to be a 4th seed.

FTF

Yeah but the Warriors are great. I can't see them finding a way to beat the Warriors 4 times.

You haven't watched the Spurs at all/enough if you don't think they can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. Warriors would be the favorite, yes, but it'd be close.

Spinluck

I'm sort of speechless about what happened tonight, Curry is something else. Like what do you do when a guy legitimately has +30 footers in his arsenal?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Going into the season, they were expected too after LMA signing and signing David West for peanuts. So no one is surprised.

Funny enough going into the season, many people picked the Warriors to be a 4th seed.

Banned I know. But who the hell picked GSW to be a fourth seed? They were by far the best team in the league last year and one of the all-time greats (66 wins, 1st in defense 2nd in offense). They came in this year totally intact.

I don't think anyone saw Curry raising his game up to such a high level but GSW was easily the favorite going in.

Crazyorloco

The playoffs are going to be amazing if we have more games like the one against OKC tonight. What a game.

Curry is great. Unbelievable...reminds me of when MJ played. I wanted to watch every game to see what crazy thing would happen.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I was seeing the Curry hype for the past few games and watched the game tonight. It was bonkers. And OKC even did an amazing job it was just pure freaking craziness. Hope Curry keeps it up but he might want to rest a bit on that ankle (don't play again until March 1st but he may take it easy then, too, that ankle stomp was pretty sick).

Brinbe

That game winning 3 was just fucking unbelievable. Enjoy this while it lasts, I doubt we'll ever get anyone like him ever again to this degree with this dominant of a team.

He's like Tecmo Bo brought to life. He's breaking the game.

I don't think they will win. I agree with Charles and Shaq. Curry has to be touched up. Just letting him dribble around and shoot without a few fouks isn't working. He doesn't he look good when he drives in for a layup.

Maybe this year we will see some more aggressive defense like the hack a Shaq movement.

He's a great shooter without a doubt but when I grew up you were definitely taught to get in people's heads more and let them know they aren't getting shots on you without getting a few fouls. It's always part of the game. You don't hurt anyone but you let them know your there. I feel people are taught not to foul on threes but this is a different situation.

If he already has a high percentage shot at three, of course you go.with a hard foul and make him make three for three. And you may get him to question the shot and disrupt his game. No one is doing it and he is just running around like NBA Jam but with no defense

It's honestly a strange feeling watching Curry doing what he's doing this season. I don't understand how he can consistently make the kind of shots he's taking. This is some otherworldly marksmanship. It really does feel like he's breaking how the game is supposed to be played on the offensive end.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If he already has a high percentage shot at three, of course you go.with a hard foul and make him make three for three. And you may get him to question the shot and disrupt his game. No one is doing it and he is just running around like NBA Jam but with no defense

As good a 3 point shooter he is, he's a 90+% free throw shooter. You're much more likely to give up 3 (or even 4 in the cases he still makes the shot) by purposely fouling him on those 3 attempts.

And saying he's running around free with no defense is a gross overstatement. Teams really are trying to defend him, he still manages to find space or just flat out make shots even when contested. Sometimes when getting fouled on top of that which aren't called at times (see the end of game 3 against the Pelicans last season).

It's honestly a strange feeling watching Curry doing what he's doing this season. I don't understand how he can consistently make the kind of shots he's taking. This is some otherworldly marksmanship. It really does feel like he's breaking how the game is supposed to be played on the offensive end.
It's strange for me but I've been a better long range shooter than mid. I was making 17 out of 20 behind the arc when I was seven.

I've consistently made half court shots first try. And I've played horse where I had a line 25 foot in the air and further out than half court. Going over that line just in front you first then going the distance to drop the ball from way up high and nothing but bet. Others trying the same would have the ball land 20 feet awayfrom the rim. I don't know why I'm a really good long diatance shooter but I think it's from and how I shoot. In long distance that form is probably more natural to how I had to push the ball more hard when I was young. So when I'm far out. I push more hard and go back to that natural motion that I did well with since I was 5. That's my guess logically

Banned I know. But who the hell picked GSW to be a fourth seed? They were by far the best team in the league last year and one of the all-time greats (66 wins, 1st in defense 2nd in offense). They came in this year totally intact.

I don't think anyone saw Curry raising his game up to such a high level but GSW was easily the favorite going in.

No actually GSW were not the favorites a lot of analyst were riding OKC, The Spurs, or Cleveland. Even teams in the NBA were doubting the warriors after winning the championship. At the NBA players award the players gave James Harden their MVP award last year despite Steph winning the actual award NBA MVP. So you can see where the fuel for this fire from the Warriors is coming from.

As good a 3 point shooter he is, he's a 90+% free throw shooter. You're much more likely to give up 3 (or even 4 in the cases he still makes the shot) by purposely fouling him on those 3 attempts.
He ain't making it with a hard foul. And this would be the stats that are keeping him free and to shoot. He already scored 50. I do think the teams are thinking in this way and it's typical but they already won this many games. Doing this obviously haven't helped the teams win.

I'll stick to giving hard fouls and playing much better man to man defense as every time curry is doubled the free man runs to the goal and littery stands there and often gets the dish and score.

Rockets and thunder probably losing no matter what. But even a team with decent d needs to touch up curry. He isn't the best player. He is a guy who can shoot not miss and draw the double for easy scores. They have played this role over and over and I have barely seen him played and hit.

It doesn't make sense at this point. You don't foul him on threes cause he may get 4?

Isn't like you have been winning against them before by not touching him up. So why not?

Charles Barkley said put him in the stands a few times. But don't let him just do what he wants.

Shaq could easily score but they didnt just let him. Of course he's horrible at free throws but the point of touching curry a few times is to throw him off his game. Know he may or may not get hit on every shot. They also need to play him closer when he's at half court. Break down his shot as if he is posting up.

Then even if they are setting picks and screens they are so far out they can't really work it to the inside anyways.

legend166

I don't think they will win. I agree with Charles and Shaq. Curry has to be touched up. Just letting him dribble around and shoot without a few fouks isn't working. He doesn't he look good when he drives in for a layup.

Maybe this year we will see some more aggressive defense like the hack a Shaq movement.

He's a great shooter without a doubt but when I grew up you were definitely taught to get in people's heads more and let them know they aren't getting shots on you without getting a few fouls. It's always part of the game. You don't hurt anyone but you let them know your there. I feel people are taught not to foul on threes but this is a different situation.

So you hack 10 of his 3 pointers and give him 30 free throws a game?

yuraya

Curry is a non selfish point guard who creates his own shot at 30 feet. Nobody is getting physical with him. If you get too close to him he will dribble around and get a step back fade away three in your face. If you double team him he will get an assist. If you foul him you are putting a 91% free throw shooter at the line. If you flagrant foul him you are putting yourself and your team into deep shit. This team can put up 120 like its nothing. Playing stupid basketball against them is the last thing you should be doing. The only way to beat them is is if you outscore them or Curry has a real bad series. He had a bad series in the finals last year and Warriors still put a beating on the Cavs.

I don't see anyone beating them 4 out of 7. I don't even see them losing 3 tbqh. The most they'll lose is 1 or 2 games to the spurs, thunder and maybe cavs. All other teams they will destroy.

Oh yea...and they haven't lost a single home game thus far this season. You will have to beat them at their home if you want to beat them in a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom