• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's Batman Game - First details stream/discussion (starting soon)

Tizoc

The most interesting thing about Batman (to me) are his allies, and I swear every game just sidelines them. *sighs* This is what I get for being weird, lol.
Fuck bruce wayne
Gimme a gotham central adventure game damnit
U already have a prototype for it; that law and order game u made years ago

ElRenoRaven

Crazy. From about 60 people to 350 in about 5 years. I wondered how they were doing so many series at once. Now I know how. That's insane.

fatalflame

Neo Member
350 ppl! Wow! I still remember when they were like 20 or so doing Sam and Max. Have to say the Tv/Movie studio analogy is a very interesting studio philosophy. Haven't really thought of them in that way before and it makes some of their moves make more sense.

Mifec

Well that's a lot.
Kinda make me appreciate even more what "few" ppl at Dontnod did with LiS.

Edit: I wasn't huge TFTB fan. I mean it was great but not their best imo. I prefer TWAU and TWD1.

Well TWAU is their best game after all :3

350 ppl! Wow! I still remember when they were like 20 or so doing Sam and Max. Have to say the Tv/Movie studio analogy is a very interesting studio philosophy. Haven't really thought of them in that way before and it makes some of their moves make more sense.

Agreed.

It's hard to believe that I've been playing their games for so many years.

Some Nobody

Fuck bruce wayne
Gimme a gotham central adventure game damnit
U already have a prototype for it; that law and order game u made years ago

Gotham Central would be dope, but I was thinking more Nightwing and Tim Drake Robin. But yeah, ultimately I'm tired of Batman lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's a lot.
Kinda make me appreciate even more what "few" ppl at Dontnod did with LiS.

Edit: I wasn't huge TFTB fan. I mean it was great but not their best imo. I prefer TWAU and TWD1.

My ratings:

The Wolf Among Us 8.0
The Walking Dead: Season One 8.0
Tales from the Borderlands: 7.5
The Walking Dead: Season Two 7.0
Game of Thrones: Season One 6.0

NeoRaider

My ratings:

The Wolf Among Us 8.0
The Walking Dead: Season One 8.0
Tales from the Borderlands: 7.5
The Walking Dead: Season Two 7.0
Game of Thrones: Season One 6.0

I didn't play GoT and don't plan to but yeah i agree with you. But i would give TWD2 7.5 too.

Some Nobody

I love Greg, but he gotta take this L. They said Green Lantern over Superman, as it should be.

Of course, as it REALLY should be is Green Lantern > everybody > Batman but that's neither here nor there.

So, can I assume there's no trailer coming from this?

Verelios

Not interested in Telltale jank, but if they can make it run smoothly, I'm there day 1. Tales of the Borderlands was the last one for me.

It was some nice insight about the company, but I'm leaving somewhat disappointed. I would have hoped for some kind of tease other than that intro we got. Also, the last question that was asked was interesting, but it wasn't answered! He gave an answer to a completely different question.

Tizoc

Well that was a whole lot of nothing, at least we know the finale for Minecraft Story is releasing soon.
Guess now is as good time as any to start playing it :p

Speaking of whcih Minecraft Story is OK for kids to play or watch through right?

I am majorly off topic but how was their GoT game? I bought it during a random sale and am thinking of playing before the new series starts.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So, what did we learn from this session?
Coming out this summer
Will play on both Bruce and Batman side of things
Can possibly affect who becomes a villain around you?
Made by the Tales of the Borderlands team
Continuing the comic-like rendering of previous games
Similar in tone to stuff like Wolf Among Us (M-Rated)
Marvel project coming next year

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I am majorly off topic but how was their GoT game? I bought it during a random sale and am thinking of playing before the new series starts.

By far their worst effort. Especially disappointing since I love GoT.

So, what did we learn from this session?

We learned that it doesn't take place in any particular Batman universe, but an amalgam of all of them through a Telltale lens. We also hear that they're using a restructured engine that should be a significant step above their previous games. You're able to play as both Bruce and Batman, and at some points you have a choice of which of those two you want to play. They also alluded to the fact that some of your choices might have decided the role of the villains. They were pretty unclear about that part.

The season leads for this game are the ones that did Tales from the Borderlands, which many people are quite enthusiastic about. The game is a 5 part series and will be released in Summer of 2016. No video or screenshots were shown.

Posted a summary in the OP, let me know if I missed anything

-Episode 1 arriving this summer
-Takes place in its own universe (not tied to comics or movies)
-New gameplay mechanics and engine improvements (sounds minor but without specifics ifs hard to say - but they have heard all of the complaints and are working to address it)
-Large focus on Bruce Wayne, they want to explore what it's like to be him and how the choices you make as Bruce affect what you do as Batman
-You can choose to deal with certain situations as Bruce, or put on the suit and handle it as Batman
-Tales from Borderlands team is working on it
-Voice casting sounds close to done but not quite finalized

Top Bottom