• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead of Alive Xtreme 3 video - Honoka trailer, volleyball gameplay, rock climbing

raven777

Dengeki interview pt. 1

4M48xks.jpg

Q: What made you make DOAX3?

Hayashi: When we made DOA5LR, we made an engine specific for breast jiggle called 'soft engine.' But DOA5LR was DOA5 port + α, so the base character model was same from PS3.
The dev team thought that if we use this engine specific for PS4, we could create something special. Also, lots of DOA5LR users were telling us "you bothered making soft engine and you don't make DOAX?"

Also Takagi Producer (Senran Kagura) was telling me "If you don't hurry up and make DOAX, I will make it myself!"

Q: What's the philosophy of this game?

Hayashi: A game that is fun to watch girls having vacation. In the proposal document I wrote 'this game's goal is eye candy'

oNOhYw6.jpg

(you might find some sexy scenes you saw in other places)

Q: Where did you get inspirations when making the gravure modes?

Hayashi: The dev team have lots of desire, so I heard they researched lots of things. So we have weird stuff like girls in the beach wearing gym clothes

Q: Why did you call it 'soft engine 2.0'?

Hayashi: When we promoted soft engine for DOA5LR, it was very well received. And this engine is the evolution of DOA5LR engine, so instead of calling it something new, we decided to call it soft engine 2.0.

Q: What is the key feature of soft engine 2.0?

Hayashi: butt jiggle with out a doubt. Actually the engine logo has changed from 1.0, and the new logo is inspired from butt.

Q: The shadow in girls thigh line is amazing!

Hayashi: (pointing to the spot between butt and thigh) This right here. The different shadow on thigh when the butt jiggles, how the skin between thigh and butt interact is something we worked hard on DOAX3

We couldn't do motion capture for butt and it's movement, so the dev team worked hard adjusting it while playing the game

YE23IY9.jpg

(this sexy line is the culmination of the dev team's hard work)

Q: Can you talk about soft engine lite on Vita?

Hayashi: We customized the soft engine from DOA5LR for Vita to make lite version. The biggest difference is that in order to feel the softness on Vita screen, we exaggerated the movement little bit.

Q: Is there any exclusive features for lite version?

Hayashi: If you are a PSVita user you would want to touch the girls in the screen. So we added a touch feature that makes wind movement so you can move the skirt or pinch the boobs.

You can make wind movements in PS4 version as well, but the actual touch pinching is exclusive to Vita.

Q: Do you have any plans to use soft engine 2.0 on other games?

Hayashi: Actually, we were thinking we could use this for 'a certain game' so we lend them this engine but they said 'this engine's butt processing is way too heavy!' and couldn't use it. But in the end we will have customized soft engine 2.0 for that project.

Soft Engine 2.0 is not exclusive to DOAX3, and it is shared within the company. We might make few adjustments but we will certainly look forward to using it in future games.

Q: How many swimsuits are in the game?

Hayashi: There are around 260 models.

Q: What do you mean by models?

Hayashi: For example, skumizu (school swimsuit) had name plate on the chest, so each character has different names attached to them. So we have these character specific design differences for swimsuits. So excluding these variations, there are 260 of them.

Q: When you say character specific, that means if you make Marie Rose wear other girls' swimsuits, it will fit?

Hayashi: Yes, every swimsuits have character specific models. It might sound like I am joking, but the swimsuit data was so big that there was talks that we couldn't fit it all in the blu-ray disc.

Q: Do you have any recommended combination?

Hayashi: like I said, making Marie Rose wear other girl's swimsuit is recommended. A girl with small breast wearing swimsuit that belonged to girl with big breats, this gap-moe is great.

Q: Are the swimsuits based on previous games?

Hayashi: There are swimsuits from past DOAX games, and there are completely new ones as well. Also the ones that were popular from DOA5LR are in as well, and some are not even swimsuits.

You can make girls wear any swimsuits, we a very minor exceptions. For example, you can make Kasumi wear Marie Rose's default outfit 2.

hmM9L57.jpg

(this one)

I will translate more later.

Yui

...the new logo is inspired from butt.
10/10

Hayashi: Yes, every swimsuits have character specific models. It might sound like I am joking, but the swimsuit data was so big that there was talks that we couldn't fit it all in the blu-ray disc.
Good stuff.

Hayashi: Like I said, making Marie Rose wear other girl's swimsuit is recommended. A girl with small breast wearing swimsuit that belonged to girl with big breats, this gap-moe is great.
Gotta love Hayashi. xD

Thank you for the translation raven.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Q: Where did you get inspirations when making the gravure modes?

Hayashi: The dev team have lots of desire, so I heard they researched lots of things. So we have weird stuff like girls in the beach wearing gym clothes
This is fucking amazing, lol.

Nice work by the way, raven777.

Edit: Oh man
Hayashi: like I said, making Marie Rose wear other girl's swimsuit is recommended. A girl with small breast wearing swimsuit that belonged to girl with big breats, this gap-moe is great.

Ricitor

This is gold!

Under a week now until I can have fun under the sun.

And big thanks to raven777 for the translation.

Ultimadrago

Dengeki interview pt. 1

There's that term again: GAP MOE

Power in those words.

Thanks raven777!

Thank god for easy importing and no region lock!
Unless I have had my head stuck in the sand for a long time and this comes out in the west, in that case I'm very sorry and I feel stupid

Galdelico

Thank god for easy importing and no region lock!
Unless I have had my head stuck in the sand for a long time and this comes out in the west, in that case I'm very sorry and I feel stupid

Speaking of 'locks', guys... Did anything happen to DoA Xtreme 2 on the 360? Yesterday I read a post of an Italian guy finding out his PAL copy was suddenly unable to boot up again on his console, by the end of last year... So I tried mine, just to check it out and, well, mine doesn't boot at all either. Disc is like new, console is a first model Slim, never had - and still hasn't - a single issue reading discs. It's just DoA Xtreme 2.
I remember it was the one and only game (at least here in EU, no idea if it's different in Japan and US) still impossible to install to HDD - no matter which dashboard update it ran on - so I don't know if it's just a weird coincidence, and my disc just died for some reason - I didn't play the game since years, but launch titles like Call of Duty 2 or Perfect Dark 0 loaded up no problem - or if there's more behind it. Another thing I noticed, the game isn't on Games on Demand anymore, and all the DLCs are gone too.

Q: What is the key feature of soft engine 2.0?

Hayashi: butt jiggle with out a doubt. Actually the engine logo has changed from 1.0, and the new logo is inspired from butt.

Q: The shadow in girls thigh line is amazing!

Hayashi: (pointing to the spot between butt and thigh) This right here. The different shadow on thigh when the butt jiggles, how the skin between thigh and butt interact is something we worked hard on DOAX3

We couldn't do motion capture for butt and it's movement, so the dev team worked hard adjusting it while playing the game

Q: Do you have any plans to use soft engine 2.0 on other games?

Hayashi: Actually, we were thinking we could use this for 'a certain game' so we lend them this engine but they said 'this engine's butt processing is way too heavy!' and couldn't use it. But in the end we will have customized soft engine 2.0 for that project.

Soft Engine 2.0 is not exclusive to DOAX3, and it is shared within the company. We might make few adjustments but we will certainly look forward to using it in future games.

Butt processing maxing out all cores, raising temps all over the place for man and machine.

The future is now;Thigh/Butt shadow differentials, future Soft Engine 2.0 usage.

What a time to exist in this dimension.

FHIZ

God, it would almost be worth I if the game had an unstable framerate just so we could say it's because the power of butt is too much. PS4.5 redeemed.

mao2

Dengeki interview pt. 1
LMAO what an awesome interview. Takaki should really go ahead and make his on Xtreme game, maybe replacing beach volleyball with tennis as the main sport. Also I wonder what that 'certain game' is. Anyway, thanks for the translation raven777!

Speaking of 'locks', guys... Did anything happen to DoA Xtreme 2 on the 360? Yesterday I read a post of an Italian guy finding out his PAL copy was suddenly unable to boot up again on his console, by the end of last year... So I tried mine, just to check it out and, well, mine doesn't boot at all either. Disc is like new, console is a first model Slim, never had - and still hasn't - a single issue reading discs. It's just DoA Xtreme 2.
I remember it was the one and only game (at least here in EU, no idea if it's different in Japan and US) still impossible to install to HDD - no matter which dashboard update it ran on - so I don't know if it's just a weird coincidence, and my disc just died for some reason - I didn't play the game since years, but launch titles like Call of Duty 2 or Perfect Dark 0 loaded up no problem - or if there's more behind it. Another thing I noticed, the game isn't on Games on Demand anymore, and all the DLCs are gone too.

That sounds pretty wild. Would check it out if I had the game.

raven777

Dengeki interview pt. 2

Q: Is Venus swimsuit in the game?
Hayashi: Yes it's in the game

Q: Is Venus really hard to give to girls like previous games?
Hayashi: It's more difficult compared to other swimsuits. But this game is meant to be a healing game for those people who comeback from hard work. So we have made the difficulty in obtaining swimsuits/giving it to girls easier than previous DOAX titles.

Q: Is there swimsuits more lewd than Venus?
Hayashi: In DOAX3, we wanted to make various types of swimsuits for different preferences. So in terms of showing skin, there aren't any swimsuits that shows more skin than Venus (Fortune). But we believe we have various swimsuits that will satisfy different fetishism.

Regardless of how much skin it shows, I am sure you will find swimsuits you like
ilmWkmG.jpg

ZLEYuxv.jpg

(find your favorite swimsuits!)

Q: Venus was very expensive in previous games. How did you balance pricing in DOAX3?
Hayashi: Like I said in previous answer about fetishism, we tried to balance between desire and price. Basic stuff will be cheap, whereas lewd swimsuits or maniac ones like gym outfit will cost more.

However by playing volleyball game one time you earn quite a lot of jack money. So within about a week of play you will be able to get what you want.

Q: Can you buy every swimsuit with Jack-money?
Hayashi: Yes, all the swimsuits can be purchased with jack-money. But if we add more swimsuits down the line it could be paid dlc.

Q: So there is no paid contents in the game?
Hayashi: In 'owner shop' swimsuits can also be purchased with premium ticket that can b be purchased in PSN store with real money. This is for those who are eager to unlock swimsuits quickly. In the future we are considering adding swimsuits exclusive to premium ticket.

Q: What swimsuits satisfy your personal fetishism?
Hayashi: Me? lol well.. I like swimsuits with holes.

RXQXllf.jpg

(this is Hayashi producer's personal favorite)

Q: Speaking of fetishisim.... I saw some white swimsuits. Are they transparent?
Hayashi: We made it as transparent as possible in that we can actually release this game. But men are stupid creatures.. so I am sure many will try to imagine how much transparent it can get.

Q: Speaking of transparent.... are there any swimsuits that melt?
Hayashi: What kind of shit do you watch?

Q: Well, DOA5LR had cloth destruction... so I just asked
Hayashi: If we can break the swimsuits, we can't release this game.. so we don't have that feature. But we have a feature where the swimsuits fall off a bit. So please feel that 'almost'

gkKy3D8.jpg

(in this picture it looks like only right side string fell off, but left side also fell off)

to be continued in pt3....

Oh my god that interview is pure gold, hahaha. Thanks raven777.

Besides the awesome comments form Hayashi I actually find this part to be quite interesting:

Actually, we were thinking we could use this for 'a certain game' so we lend them this engine but they said 'this engine's butt processing is way too heavy!' and couldn't use it. But in the end we will have customized soft engine 2.0 for that project.

Hmmm. A TN game that possibly uses a reworked version of Soft Engine that isn't DoA..... Oh God! could it be....!?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
So in terms of showing skin, there aren't any swimsuits that shows more skin than Venus (Fortune). But we believe we have various swimsuits that will satisfy different fetishism.
O:
Hayashi: Yes, all the swimsuits can be purchased with jack-money. But if we add more swimsuits down the line it could be paid dlc.(...) In 'owner shop' swimsuits can also be purchased with premium ticket that can b be purchased in PSN store with real money. This is for those who are eager to unlock swimsuits quickly. In the future we are considering adding swimsuits exclusive to premium ticket.
So pretty much what was to be expected. Since he just said they made the Fortune/Venus swimsuits less of a grind I hope this means the game will be less of a grind in general too and it's really for those "eager" to unlock stuff.
Hayashi: We made it as transparent as possible in that we can actually release this game. But men are stupid creatures... so I am sure many will try to imagine how much transparent it can get.
lmao amazing

Ricitor

Q: Is Venus really hard to give to girls like previous games?

Hayashi: It's more difficult compared to other swimsuits. But this game is meant to be a healing game for those people who comeback from hard work. So we have made the difficulty in obtaining swimsuits/giving it to girls easier than previous DOAX titles.

This is the best thing he could have said! Whole reason I love these games is because of the relaxed atmosphere/gameplay and the fact they know this gives me joy.
Honestly, this kind of makes me happy Itagaki had nothing to do with this game, the grind from previous entries seemed to be more attuned to his design philosophy.

Hayashi: We made it as transparent as possible in that we can actually release this game. But men are stupid creatures.. so I am sure many will try to imagine how much transparent it can get.

Q: Speaking of transparent.... are there any swimsuits that melt?
Hayashi: What kind of shit do you watch?

I fucking love this guy!
There is an OT Title somewhere in this interview.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's technically "what kind of stuff you watch lol!" but yea I guess it's still fits the context. XD
I figured, but if the tone was like a casual conversation then I think "what kind of shit do you watch" works because that's kind of how I'd expect that conversation to go here, if it were between two English speakers.

Thoraxes

Dengeki interview pt. 2

Hayashi: This game is meant to be a healing game for those people who comeback from hard work. So we have made the difficulty in obtaining swimsuits/giving it to girls easier than previous DOAX games
Hayashi doing the Lord's work.

raven777 ftw. thanks for the translation great interview.

As of now I'm going digital on PS4 so I get it day 1 and physical on vita that can arrive later.

Top Bottom