• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy English option finally dated! 3/31 Alpha , 4/11 FULL RELEASE.

kiryogi

Banned
In today's update on Granblue Fantasy, they have finally released the alpha to the english text option! Only a few folks will be able to access it. However, the full release will be April 11. THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE.

What is Granblue Fantasy?
This is the popular blockbuster Smartphone RPG for iOS/Android/PC, now at over 11 million downloads. With character design by Ex Final Fantasy veteran Hideo Minaba, and music composed by Tsutomu Narita of the Earthbound papas along with renown composer Nobuo Uematsu.

For more details, check out the Granblue Fantasy OT or music topic!

OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191278
Music - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192873

Also further updates, these are assets from the brand new scenario event that just started!

description_event_2.png

description_event_5.png

chrono01

Now this is news! I can't wait, I've been playing the Japanese version for a month now, it's a lot of fun. it'll be nice to understand the story and everything though, not to mention all of the skills and such.

This is a great day. The 11th will be an even better day!

eggandI

Banned
Yes! I just asked about this earlier today and was worried it had been pushed back for a long time. I've been wanting to play this so badly the last few weeks

chrono01

is this a "re roll" gatcha game?
It is, but not as bad as other gatcha games. A lot of the characters are usable and the rates are decent (especially if you re-roll during a Legend Fest, like the one currently going).

If anyone is even the slightest bit interested, start now! They have a promotion going on where everyone gets ten free pulls of the premium gatcha per day. It's amazing.

pronk420

Will they release it outside the Japanese App Store then? It seems stupid to do the translation but not release it here, since if you don't have a Japanese credit card address you can't make in-app purchases in the Japanese app store easily (I don't think?).

Also Apple Music goes nuts and destroys my library every time I switch app store region, so I'm not doing that again.

It is, but not as bad as other gatcha games. A lot of the characters are usable and the rates are decent (especially if you re-roll during a Legend Fest, like the one currently going).

If anyone is even the slightest bit interested, start now! They have a promotion going on where everyone gets ten free pulls of the premium gatcha per day. It's amazing.

Yep! Started rolling four accounts every day.

Quick question though, is there anyway to replay the tutorial when the English option releases?

chrono01

Will they release it outside the Japanese App Store then? It seems stupid to do the translation but not release it here, since if you don't have a Japanese credit card address you can't make in-app purchases in the Japanese app store easily (I don't think?).

Also Apple Music goes nuts and destroys my library every time I switch app store region, so I'm not doing that again.
As of right now, it's listed as "Japan Exclusive", so I doubt it'll be available on App Stores outside of Japan. It's probably easier for them to keep it Japan-only, since all of the licensing for things like anime collaborations, Japanese VA, etc. would be a nightmare. It's easy enough to play through the Chrome Browser though (both on PC as well as iOS/Android), and you can create a Japanese Apple account and download the app that way if you REALLY want it.

How do I know if I am among the people who can access the english localization?
Navigate to the Settings and see if it's there for you. It probably won't be. :(

Yep! Started rolling four accounts every day.

Quick question though, is there anyway to replay the tutorial when the English option releases?
You can replay the story during the tutorial, but not the actual tutorial battles (that I know of).

Rixa

Global credit cards work via google wallet. So you can whale as much as you like. Iam playing without sounds.

Grzi

So wait, this won't be available on the global Google store?
Any tutorials on how to download the JP version on my phone? I really want to try this out but I'll wait until it's fully available in English.

chrono01

Any tutorials on how to download the JP version on my phone? I really want to try this out but I'll wait until it's fully available in English.
If you're on iOS, just create a Japanese Apple account and download the app from the store. You can then log back into your standard Apple account and play, although to update you'll need to log back into your Japanese account. Or you can download Chrome for your phone and play it through the browser. The game, as it is, is a browser-based game anyway, the app itself is essentially just a shell to play it in.

If you're on Android, I think you can just download/install the APK. Sorry, I can't say for sure since I'm on iOS.

Anyway, I'd recommend just downloading Chrome and playing it that way. You can then enjoy it on your PC when you're home and on your phone when you're out.

Alpha screens:
So...good...

I'll have to get used to calling her "Narumaya" and not "Narumeia". I'm sure this will apply to other characters too. The localization looks pretty solid so far, though. I did notice some of the text in Narumei--er, I mean Narumaya's status box overlapping each other. Not too bad, though. If that's the worst I have to suffer with, I'll be a happy man.

I'll have to get used to calling her "Narumaya" and not "Narumeia". I'm sure this will apply to other characters too. The localization looks pretty solid so far, though.

I am not happy with the GW characters' localizations. And 'Premium Gala' is weiiiird. Otherwise, yeah, the translations I've seen are fantastic.

Oh god, is this a F2P game that will steal my life? So it'll be on the global store on the 11th?

My only exposure to this game is from the huge amount of r34

Yui

Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I read that as in the current JPN version is getting an English option, instead of releasing a new English app (with everyone starting a new game)?

I'm just asking, cause I would love to get into this game, but looking at how long it has already been running, I would never be able to "catch up" even though I know there is no real catching up, but maybe you get what I'm talking about.

Rixa

Oh god, is this a F2P game that will steal my life? So it'll be on the global store on the 11th?

My only exposure to this game is from the huge amount of r34

No it wont come to global store. Check this thread upwards, why not.

kiryogi

Banned
Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I read that as in the current JPN version is getting an English option, instead of releasing a new English app (with everyone starting a new game)?

I'm just asking, cause I would love to get into this game, but looking at how long it has already been running, I would never be able to "catch up" even though I know there is no real catching up, but maybe you get what I'm talking about.

Correct, it's either this or face a global server shutdown within a year or so. See Rage of Bahamut English and Chain Chronicle Global.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there going to be an english account registration portal? How do I start rerolling so I'm ready? I think some of the guides out there online are old....

In today's update on Granblue Fantasy, they have finally released the alpha to the english text option! Only a few folks will be able to access it. However, the full release will be April 11. THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE.

What is Granblue Fantasy?
This is the popular blockbuster Smartphone RPG for iOS/Android/PC, now at over 11 million downloads. With character design by Ex Final Fantasy veteran Hideo Minaba, and music composed by Tsutomu Narita of the Earthbound papas along with renown composer Nobuo Uematsu.

For more details, check out the Granblue Fantasy OT or music topic!

OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191278
Music - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192873

Also further updates, these are assets from the brand new scenario event that just started!

so i have to get the jp version and change the text to english?

h0tp0ck3t

Nice. I've wanted to get in on this but didn't really want to deal with another game I couldn't read half the text after switching to JP Chain Chronicle lol

If you're on Android you can look up Qooapp. I think you'll need an apk for it but basically once you have that installed it manages all the app downloads and updates

Quonny

If you want to play, reroll NOW.

You basically get 10x the normal reroll rate (10 extra rolls [5x], double chance for rares [2x] = 10x).

Do eet. Event ends the 4th, I believe.

Mknzy

So it sounds like it will be browser only to play in English, and there won't be an English version of the app. That's a let down for me, because with my current living situation, I don't have internet at home, so the only way I could play was on my phone. I was really looking forward to it as well. Damn.

Azusa

So it sounds like it will be browser only to play in English, and there won't be an English version of the app. That's a let down for me, because with my current living situation, I don't have internet at home, so the only way I could play was on my phone. I was really looking forward to it as well. Damn.

What? Don't you have browser on a phone?

Quonny

Also guys, I don't think you need to switch back and forth between Apple accounts to update.

I'm logged into my JP account and I can still update my US apps without logging into that account.

Top Bottom