• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NieR Automata Info. Characters, Footage, etc.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
From the currently live concert performance.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/256/1256757/

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/nier-automata-new-trailer-gameplay-character-details

klazZD1.jpg

mMzbZek.jpg

qKwjO9G.jpg

Also some new footage raven7777777777 recorded

Gotta be honest women wearing heels when they're supposed to be in some kind of combat role bugs the shit out of me.

Also what in the fuck is that long haired girl even wearing?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Loving everything about this aesthetically. Can't wait for more gameplay footage.

Ferr986

Ok saw the footage.

Im sure I'll love the game but man, I just can't see how this is "Nier" other than the name yet.

I'm hyped, but because it's a Platinum game, not because it's a Nier sequel (again, yet! I know it's too early to tell) .

Hektor

Ok saw the footage.

Im sure I'll love the game but man, I just can't see how this is "Nier" other than the name yet.

I'm hyped, but because it's a Platinum game, not because it's a Nier sequel (again, yet! I know it's too early to tell) .

Understandable, we haven't really been getting any new informations on the story yet. It's also my only fear about this game, that it might end up beeing a bit too much P* and not enough Yoko. But i won't judge it until we have seen more.

I hope not.

???

I'm loving the character designs! Gameplay also looks great, although it bugs me slightly that they both have the same damn big ass sword.

Beartruck

Oh man, I never played the original, so I'm trying to not get excited about this, but god damnit I love Yoshida's art. That+Platinum=Hnnng.

Ok saw the footage.

To be fair, the only thing that seems different to me is the combat. The tone and aesthetics scream Nier to me.

Ubernube

To be fair, the only thing that seems different to me is the combat. The tone and aesthetics scream Nier to me.

It should be stated that Yoko Taro doesn't do the same thing twice. So expecting Automata to share many similarities to the original Nier is a one way trip to disappointment.

Kaname

Seems like it became an outright action game honestly, and dumped every rpg aspect related.
It does look beautiful and more polished than the original though :D

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Great illustrations. It has the Bravely Default guy all over it.

I wonder if the long haired woman is a human being? She seems to emote quite a bit in the trailer even though the androids arent supposed to have emotions, and there aren't supposed to be any humans on the planet at this point

Labadal

Understandable, we haven't really been getting any new informations on the story yet. It's also my only fear about this game, that it might end up beeing a bit too much P* and not enough Yoko. But i won't judge it until we have seen more.

???
I don't like the liberties they take with their translations.

Hektor

I wonder if the long haired woman is a human being? She seems to emote quite a bit in the trailer even though the androids arent supposed to have emotions, and there aren't supposed to be any humans on the planet at this point

She also doesn't wear the combat goggles. But then again she got an android name. I could imagine her story beeing something like her pretending to be an android in order to get on earth and to fight.

A Platinum games trailer without combat is always underwhelming. Hope to have some real details on it soon.

That said, there was definitely some channeling of MGR in those poses.

Seems like it became an outright action game honestly, and dumped every rpg aspect related.
It does look beautiful and more polished than the original though :D

One can only hope.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
She also doesn't wear the combat goggles. But then again she got an android name. I could imagine her story beeing something like her pretending to be an android in order to get on earth and to fight.

Or maybe she went the inevitable course of any AI in these science fiction stories, and became essentially a ghost in the shell through some sort of experience on the surface. I'm assuming that is the case, and she somehow 'grew emotions' with the other two mains encountering her after the fact..

Setsu00

Looks like she simply took her clothes off. If you compare her design to 2B's, you'll notice some strange markings on her shoulders and her legs. Maybe she's the one who rebels against the "system" of some sort.

Thanks, Yoshida, now I've got Hips Don't Lie stuck in my head.

Very smooth looking gameplay in the clip, can't wait. Platinum and Nier, still can't believe it.

Dio

Banned
Looks like she simply took her clothes off. If you compare her design to 2B's, you'll notice some strange markings on her shoulders and her legs. Maybe she's the one who rebels against the "system" of some sort.

I think it's pretty clear that the 'lines' are the seams for body parts, you know, like an android should. I don't think those are markings, I think they're plates.

https://youtu.be/mC3i0aHtzTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Nr9PI-t8U&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/bjFdAnmG5uI

There are some stuff I missed inbetween. They were keep cutting back and forth between actual screen and guests.

Never the fuck mind....

Those animations...

That air combo....

That traversal....

Those dodges....

Those enemy attacks....

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

My only concern so far is that the enemies look like they die too quickly. Hopefully they tweak that at higher difficulties.

Top Bottom