• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Elena's profile

VFeIbhU.jpg

She looks insane in this picture. Like, mentally unstable.

Mediking

I meant to say this earlier but I realized that I truly am the casual Street Fighter fan who Capcom managed to convince to buy the game.

• I bought the Collector's Edition and Season Pass. I don't regret this at all. Honest. I love that I have a Ryu statue on my bookshelf, the SF comics are cool, having Cammy's Battle Costume and getting DLC characters and stages for free is all really worth it.
  • I miss the single player content of hitting barrels and beating up a car from SFIV
  • The game only really shines for me when I'm playing Casual or Battle Lounge with my friends.
  • I'm very hesitant to play Ranked
  • Sometimes watching really good people play is more entertaining than actually playing SFV

I also really respect the game for its great gameplay. That's why you never see me totally attacking the game in SFV threads. I may hate Survival and other stuff but I still do like alotta stuff from the game.

LakeEarth

Lord no. The prologues were fine, but the endings were terrible jokes, spoofs, what ifs that make no sense, and then a bunch of people fighting a red robin of Seths while people meet up and say I'LL FIGHT YOU LATER LOL.

Nothing will ever beat Fei Long's original ending. He literally just stands there motionless in a feature-less room as Seth babbles incoherently for half a minute (while the camera expertly avoids showing his lips move). Seth then gets stabbed in the back somehow (there is no one behind him) as Fei Long looks on with disinterest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOULFKZI_I

Mediking

Nothing will ever beat Fei Long's original ending. He literally just stands there motionless in a feature-less room as Seth babbles incoherently for half a minute (while the camera expertly avoids showing his lips move). Seth then gets stabbed in the back somehow (there is no one behind him) as Fei Long looks on with disinterest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOULFKZI_I

LMAO. I'M CRYING. But hey! Juri's ending was freaking awesome! So was Sakura's! And Gen's!

Ryce

Can Capcom, like put this in the game? I feel like 95% of the people who will eventually pick up SFV will totally miss out on these character and lore infos.
Here's a quick mockup I made in 10 minutes (I'm sure it would look much better if Capcom actually implemented it).

gDAMuQr.png

It would take very little effort to include. We should Tweet at Capcom or something.

Raitaro

I meant to say this earlier but I realized that I truly am the casual Street Fighter fan who Capcom managed to convince to buy the game.

• I bought the Collector's Edition and Season Pass. I don't regret this at all. Honest. I love that I have a Ryu statue on my bookshelf, the SF comics are cool, having Cammy's Battle Costume and getting DLC characters and stages for free is all really worth it.
  • I miss the single player content of hitting barrels and beating up a car from SFIV
  • The game only really shines for me when I'm playing Casual or Battle Lounge with my friends.
  • I'm very hesitant to play Ranked
  • Sometimes watching really good people play is more entertaining than actually playing SFV

I also really respect the game for its great gameplay. That's why you never see me totally attacking the game in SFV threads. I may hate Survival and other stuff but I still do like alotta stuff from the game.

You and me both - I'm exactly in the same boat. I'm also not too bitter about it anymore though as I care about this series and wish for it to continue existing even if it is more for the online warriors and tournament beasts at this point (which, honestly, might not be such a sound long term strategy to keep SF alive and relevant for the bigger public by the way; just look at how Pokken is beating SFV's sales for instance).

That said, I'm still a bit bummed out by the lack of (interviews asking them about) stage transitions - or any kind of interactables / things that react to the combat in the new and almost 100% static Guile stage (which nobody seems to bring up...), more versus CPU options (including CPU vs CPU), better (= interactive) tutorials, the actual opening cinematic being in the game, and more overall fluff / extra's like an art gallery mentioned by some people above. In short: I want more reasons to play offline and/or by myself even if it is for unlocking fluff.

Here's a quick mockup I made in 10 minutes (I'm sure it would look much better if Capcom actually implemented it).

gDAMuQr.png

It would take very little effort to include. We should Tweet at Capcom or something.

Yeah, so stuff like this is exactly what I'm missing still from this game. Nice! Tweet away people!

VariantX

gDAMuQr.png

That's pretty sick. I missed the gallery we had from SFV. Spent a good bit of time unlocking concept art.

JayEH

Wow... Just what is the budget of this game? Hiring just one guy to develop the entire online service?

Well you can definitely tell this game was a small budget title compared to other SFs. That's why I don't think Capcom is all that worried about the game missing its sales target and also there was sony money involved so I'm sure they're ok.

Now if they could just get the shop open so I can give them more money.

Menitta

The moment I drop down to Rookie because I'm a piece of shit, they start matching me up with Super Silvers....WHYYYYYY???

(I'm sorry, I'm REALLY salty right now)

Haven't played in a few days, fucking arcade stick is busted, probably end up getting a cheap controller from Ebay like the Saturn USB, when i down back block from the left side of the screen, the switches don't hold that position for long they stop working...I can replace the switches but i don't feel like going through the headache..

Shadoken

Well you can definitely tell this game was a small budget title compared to other SFs. That's why I don't think Capcom is all that worried about the game missing its sales target and also there was sony money involved so I'm sure they're ok.

Now if they could just get the shop open so I can give them more money.

Its just so weird when you think about it. I mean SF4 should have been the one with a small budget because they were reviving a dead franchise in a dead genre. Its success was uncertain.

But SFV is coming out at a time when 2D Fighters are quite successful , so you would think they would raise the budget a bit after SF4 sold boat loads and extra funding from Sony.

mbpm1

The most annoying opponents are those with variable conditioning.

They will respect some options heavily, and show no respect for others, causing confusion.

LakeEarth

I really wish stats worked. I've had the 300 ranked wins trophy for weeks now, but I still don't have 300 EX or 300 CA match enders trophy. I'm wondering how close I am to it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I really wish stats worked. I've had the 300 ranked wins trophy for weeks now, but I still don't have 300 EX or 300 CA match enders trophy. I'm wondering how close I am to it.

THIS, so much this. I don't even know how many ranked matches I've won or lost, just that I got the achievements.

mbpm1

I got disconnected from the server, so I guess it was on me. Connection was fine most of the time. GGs though.

Ah, I was getting bits of rollback here and there. Most of it was fine though, but it made me wonder if things were messy for you.

Only thing I'd say you didn't throw enough in the little time we played.

Ah, I was getting bits of rollback here and there. Most of it was fine though, but it made me wonder if things were messy for you.

Only thing I'd say you didn't throw enough in the little time we played.

It seemed fine, just got a bit choppy once or twice. I was definitely getting jumped in on too much, and I missed a few sweep punishes(pretty sure one cost me a round)

You got a good Ryu from what we played. All them parries got me shook lol.

I'm just waiting until Overwatch is released.

WHY THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT GAMES COMING OUT THIS YEAR?
TLG, Persona 5, FF15, Valkryia Chronicles, No Man’s Sky, Hyper Light Drifter, GTS, they just keep coming!

I haven't played much in the past week. UC4 is amazing.

Overwatch next week. Just when I need to be practicing for EVO.
Indeed man...

UC4 is really good but I love Witcher 3 even more.
I still have W3 and MGS5 in the wrapper lol...both are just too daunting to start

It took me a year to beat Witcher 3. Loved it, but open world games are hard for me to stay engaged in.

I want to buy the expansion, but with so much out there, not sure when I'll get around to playing it.
Same here...I have to get to it though, too much praise to ignore.

gDAMuQr.png

I’m gonna tweet Capcom official channels with your image, well done.

I wanted to give the series one final chance since the gunplay was seemingly a big step up from before, but it made clear to me that these heavily-scripted Bayhem action romps aren't for me anymore. Uncharted 4 is disappointing in how mechanically uninspired it is even by Uncharted standards, excellent presentation notwithstanding. DOOM's single player on the other hand is the exact opposite: minimal plot exposition in favor of outstanding level / encounter design - one chapter I played earlier had more firefights and actual platforming than the entirety of U4's campaign - and a satisfying gameplay loop that gets further fleshed out the more you explore these thoroughly layered areas. Even the melee has a proper purpose, rather than strictly being for show. I'm shocked how well realized it is after how Bethesda's marketing consistently put it in a negative light.
Yeah, it isn’t for everyone, you have to be invested in the characters to get the most out of Uncharted games no doubt. For me, it’s like reading the last book to a trilogy though, story is almost more important than gameplay. I appreciate better fundamental games, (I play SF after all lol) but I dunno, UC on hard/crushing is still pretty fun, and this its definitely the strongest gameplay iteration of the franchise. Shooting/movement feel really good, even better in MP.

Doom looks good, but a little too bloody and gruesome for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom