• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

where did I say any of that lol

Personally, I don't think this is on a base PS4. Sorry if this offends anybody.

Why are you so invested in whether it is Neo or base PS4? It doesn't offend me because I will have a Neo so I'm good either way. Maybe you want to offend/troll base PS4 owners? Two days now of this which pretty much ruined the topic.

Let's be honest here: most of the posters who are either implying or directly stating this is running on the Neo, WANT it to be so. Regardless of whether UC4 is not a truly open world, it has big enough areas to imagine an open world could look as good with a better streaming solution. You watch, we'll go from 'that's too good to be running on the PS4' to 'it doesn't look all that' when released. It's getting too predictable and needs to stop.
Oh you're imagining alright.

You've just quoted me to make a point about the difference between first and third parties; a point I've already made myself in mentioning Uncharted 4 and Infamous.

Then, there were some educated guesses whether or not this trailer could be done on launch hardware.

You're stating those guesses come from a desire that it's running on Neo. Why? That assumption has no basis in reality. All it's telling me is that you're eager for it to be running on launch hardware. Now that assumption actually has basis in reality because you're conveniently ignoring some valid points in favour of a hollow 'look at these fools' argument.

It's all the same to me. If Guerrilla actually pulled this off on launch hardware, goddamn, I'd be more impressed than I am already, and I'm impressed.

Anyone given the 'outfits' much thought?

Am I overthinking it, if I am worried that you don't get individual armour sets? How's it an RPG if there's just outfits?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
That's the plan.

Fuck yes.

Hopefully we see them revisit Killzone though. Shadowfall and Killzone 3 were good, but Killzone 2 and Mercenary were some of the best games ever created in their genres.

Really really want to see a Killzone 2/3 remaster on PS4/4K.

The God

Why are you so invested in whether it is Neo or base PS4? It doesn't offend me because I will have a Neo so I'm good either way. Maybe you want to offend/troll base PS4 owners? Two days now of this which pretty much ruined the topic.

Bruh I'm no more invested than you or anyone else thinking this trailer was base PS4 footage. Others were questioning the hardware this trailer was captured from and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Bruh I'm no more invested than you or anyone else thinking this trailer was base PS4 footage. Others were questioning the hardware this trailer was captured from and I don't see anything wrong with that.

OK you've questioned it. It doesn't seem like any one is going to change their mind and we won't know anything until E3. What's left?

OK you've questioned it. It doesn't seem like any one is going to change their mind and we won't know anything until E3. What's left?
Speculation, and apparently, people who get angry about other people speculating.

You don't like speculation, leave the thread and wait for the facts....?

Philippo

Completely random theory about the plot:

A group of top class scientists decide to solve the over population and climate crisis of modern world by causing an apocalypse of some sort, then hide in a safe bunker only to come out after it and repopulate Earth. Something goes wrong, the apocalypse is worse than predicted and they can't leave the vault. Centuries goes by and those of them survived (cryogenic sleep? Or simple reproduction?) builds a "weapon", a sort of bio-mechanical virus that strenghtens itself by scrapping metals and adapting itself to the surrounding enviroment, hence how dino-bots and other cyber-animals come to live. Maybe their developement goes south and the scientists are forced to remain in the bunker? Or do they have other projects? Who knows. The timeframe of the game comes, Alloy is the daughter of two scientists from the said vault, escaped because they were contrary to the other scientists plans, but get killed while on the run. Alloy is the only survivor, carring some device left from their parents that contains some kind of information, gets found by a tribe and raised from them.

Fanfiction is over.

Speculation, and apparently, people who get angry about other people speculating.

Angry? I already said it doesn't affect me either way. I see it as worthless discussion, but feel free to carry on if you think it has some merit. Discussing the actual trailer instead of this back and forth over what hardware it is running on would be nice though. But hey topic was already gutted yesterday with this garbage so why not continue...

But this thread isn't for PS4 Neo in the first place. This thread is basically ruined by people like you who love to speculate about things that irrelevant to the game itself. If you want, go make a thread about whether this game runs on PS4K or not.

This too. 100 percent agree.

Elfstruck

But this thread isn't about PS4 Neo in the first place. This thread is basically ruined by people like you who love to speculate about things that irrelevant to the game itself. If you want, go make a thread about whether this game runs on PS4K or not.

You can craft armor, weapons, and ammo.

You mean armor with stats and not just for vanity? We know you can craft outfits so that's probably in.

Worked just fine with Kingdom Hearts and it's one of my favorite JRPGs.

edit: there you go

So you craft just outfits in Kingdom Hearts? Weird.

I was just concerned they pared back the build options, by just making it outfits. I like mixing and matching, like The Witcher.

The God

"It doesn't seem like anyone is going to change their mind" lol you said that like I'm going door-to-door telling people that this trailer isn't from a base PS4. I'm just responding to those responding to me.

Angry? I already said it doesn't affect me either way. I see it as worthless discussion, but feel free to carry on if you think it has some merit. Discussing the actual trailer instead of this back and forth over what hardware it is running on would be nice though. But hey topic was already gutted yesterday with this garbage so why not continue...

But this thread isn't about PS4 Neo in the first place. This thread is basically ruined by people like you who love to speculate about things that irrelevant to the game itself. If you want, go make a thread about whether this game runs on PS4K or not.
This thread is about the trailer, isn't it? I can only speak for myself, but I'm discussing the actual trailer and the graphics of the game in that trailer.

It may not be the discussion you would like to have about the trailer, but it's not like one type of discussion inherently has more merit than the other.

Also, it's not like anyone is stopping you from discussing any other aspect of the trailer.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oh you're imagining alright.

You've just quoted me to make a point about the difference between first and third parties; a point I've already made myself in mentioning Uncharted 4 and Infamous.

Then, there were some educated guesses whether or not this trailer could be done on launch hardware.

You're stating those guesses come from a desire that it's running on Neo. Why? That assumption has no basis in reality. All it's telling me is that you're eager for it to be running on launch hardware. Now that assumption actually has basis in reality because you're conveniently ignoring some valid points in favour of a hollow 'look at these fools' argument.

It's all the same to me. If Guerrilla actually pulled this off on launch hardware, goddamn, I'd be more impressed than I am already, and I'm impressed.

Did I say 'all'? Obviously not all the comments are from people who 'want' it to be true but many of them are. You're telling me I'm assuming it's running on the PS4 when we have no mention of Neo from Sony and we've seen it running on PS4 hardware a year ago? And on top of that you're suggesting there's more validity in assuming it's running on the Neo? Come on now.

silva1991

So you craft just outfits in Kingdom Hearts? Weird.

I was just concerned they pared back the build options, by just making it outfits. I like mixing and matching, like The Witcher.

In KH you are stuck with one outfit the whole game

I was just saying it isn't weird for RPG to just give you one ourfit/armor the whole game and then I noticed Solidsnakeex confirming the armor crafting and quoted him.

In KH you are stuck with one outfit the whole game

I was just saying it isn't weird for RPG to just give you one ourfit/armor the whole game and then I noticed Solidsnakeex confirming the armor crafting and quoted him.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about it this year.

Sharpeye

giphy.gif

If you look closely, the robot chasing her in the jungle is not a Thunderjaw(T-Rex robos). It looks like some sort of elephant type creature that's running on all fours.

So we have potentially robot:
T-Rex
raptors(That's what I think the Watchers are)
long necks
elk
Bulls?(Cows too?)
crocs
Elephant?
big birds
and war machines seemingly controlled by humans

Discovering the twist the game has on normal animals will be a very fun and even scary part of the game I feel. Imagine just walking in a forest at night with no visibility and you hear a rustle in the leaves, you look around and all you see is red eyes staring at you at a distance with no idea what sort of creature it will be.

Philippo

If you look closely, the robot chasing her in the jungle is not a Thunderjaw(T-Rex robos). It looks like some sort of elephant type creature that's running on all fours.

T-Rex
long necks
elk
Bulls?(Cows too?)
crocs
Elephant?
big birds

Discovering the twist the game has on normal animals will be a very fun and even scary part of the game I feel. Imagine just walking in a forest at night with no visibility and you hear a rustle in the leaves, you look around and all you see is red eyes staring at you at a distance with no idea what sort of creature it will be.

Robot spiders and snakes will scare the shit out of people.

Dinjooh

T-Rex
long necks
elk
Bulls?(Cows too?)
crocs
Elephant?
big birds

Reminded me a bit of a stegosaurus.

T-Rex
long necks
elk
Bulls?(Cows too?)
crocs
Elephant?
big birds

There must be real animals as well because I remember a promo saying meat to eat.

Did I say 'all'? Obviously not all the comments are from people who 'want' it to be true but many of them are. You're telling me I'm assuming it's running on the PS4 when we have no mention of Neo from Sony and we've seen it running on PS4 hardware a year ago? And on top of that you're suggesting there's more validity in assuming it's running on the Neo? Come on now.
There's always naysayers, but saying 'many' is just as nonsensical as saying 'all'. As long as people present valid reasoning, there's no reason to assume ill will.

I won't get into my reasoning again; I've tried to make reasonable arguments at length on why I suspect this to be running on Neo, and repeating those arguments is fairly useless. Like I said, speculation in this case can go both ways, it's just a matter of valid reasoning. No side is inherently better or more reasonable.

T-Rex
long necks
elk
Bulls?(Cows too?)
crocs
Elephant?
big birds

I think it might be a stegosaurus.

Fits in with the mostly dinosaurs thing.
Reminded me a bit of a stegosaurus.
Damn :'(

sackninja

Cambridge? :)

I hope so personally. I mean rigs seems heavily multiplayer focused and hoirzon is all single player so have cambridge make the single player for killzone and gurrila proper make the multiplayer. This will never happen but it would be the best of both worlds imo.

Aloy > Alloy
And the biggest advertising drive has been metal animals. The deepest writing, might surpass Bloodborne. I really hope the gameplay impresses me down the line, because as of now this is a huge pass.

This game looks sick as fuck. My backlog is insane so keep working on it till it's ready but damn, I am stoked to play this next year. Being a multi-console gamer is the besstttt

Aloy's father/mentor (?) has that cheesy movie trailer voice. :/

Pretty sure that's Peter Cullen bro you better hold your tongue!

Edit: Or someone trying to emulate his voice at least. Parts of it sound very similar. I wonder...

The game looks fabulous as usual but I care more about how it plays, this is Guerrilla's first open world game.
True, challenge was said to be a core of the game’s design philosophy, so I’m honestly expecting a kinda “Monster-hunter” lite experience, with much less emphasis on co-op of course, and perhaps later dinosaur bosses battles that even rival Souls games.

I mean, these can be optional quest if GG wants most people to finish the game, but I hope they bring the challenge and the game is just fun to play. I have a good initial impression because Colin raved about it’s gameplay and I trust his judgment.

Isn't it weird that Killzone beign a multiplayer focused franchise the company turns to an open world single player game? Or... it'll have a multiplayer/online component?

Or they plan to do both franchises?
There is no multiplayer. It's not really weird, is it? They've been making Killzone games for the last decade, it's fully understandable that they'd want to go in a fresh new direction and tackle something new.

Shadow Fall is definitely not the last we've seen of Killzone.

True, challenge was said to be a core of the game’s design philosophy, so I’m honestly expecting a kinda “Monster-hunter” lite experience, with much less emphasis on co-op of course, and perhaps later dinosaur bosses battles that even rival Souls games.

I mean, these can be optional quest if GG wants most people to finish the game, but I hope they bring the challenge and the game is just fun to play. I have a good initial impression because Colin raved about it’s gameplay and I trust his judgment.

Well, it might've been a controlled environment, but the showing of the Robo Rex at E3 2015 looked pretty fun.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Aloy > Alloy
And the biggest advertising drive has been metal animals. The deepest writing, might surpass Bloodborne. I really hope the gameplay impresses me down the line, because as of now this is a huge pass.

Well I mean its a game about metal animals, what else are they going to advertise? The main characters tits? The inventory system? Man Star Wars is using Jedi to sell the movies a lot!

valkyre

gorgeous looking game, but the writing couldn't be more generic. i felt uncomfortable listening to just how bad that was.

Man, why are you wasting your time here? You are obviously a top tier writter/director and I am certain that developers will be desperate to aquire your amazing skills...

Kazaam

Looking really nice... very curious to see what they do with this concept and how many RPG elements are in.

Man, why are you wasting your time here? You are obviously a top tier writter/director and I am certain that developers will be desperate to aquire your amazing skills...

Yeah man, why are you wasting your time here? This thread is only for praising, no different opinions allowed. Plus, don't you know you have to be a chef to tell if your food is bland or not.

The game looks fabulous as usual but I care more about how it plays, this is Guerrilla's first open world game.

I feel like Guerrilla Games as a company felt shackled and limited by the KZ series for a very long time. Finally Sony green lights this project, a game in which it seems like many of the artists, writers, and engineers have been wanting to make. How do I know this? Because everything they've shown thus far is every gamer / nerds wet dream in motion. You can't come up with this stuff in some corporate board room.

Post apocalyptic, alternate reality, open world (Action) RPG. Check.
Bow hunting. Check.
Leveling and crafting system. Check.
Face melting graphics. Check

oh and ROBOT DINOSAURS!

I sure hope they knock it out the park.

Eurogamer have posted a video about everything we know so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GnfNJ3F5E

Sweet name and thanks for the link

I'm sure the game will be incredible, but the line "You came from nothing. You will die a nothing" does not strike me as a well-written piece of dialogue.

VanWinkle

I feel like Guerrilla Games as a company felt shackled and limited by the KZ series for a very long time. Finally Sony green lights this project, a game in which it seems like many of the artists, writers, and engineers have been wanting to make. How do I know this? Because everything they've shown thus far is every gamer / nerds wet dream in motion. You can't come up with this stuff in some corporate board room.

Post apocalyptic, alternate reality, open world (Action) RPG. Check.
Bow hunting. Check.
Leveling and crafting system. Check.
Face melting graphics. Check

oh and ROBOT DINOSAURS!

I sure hope they knock it out the park.

I really hope they do, too. But, man, part of me still worries because 1) I so badly want it to be great, and 2) they have never actually been proven capable to me of making a great single player game. And you can look at that like, "well they've been stuck in this rut of Killzone," which I'd agree with, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that they've never been proven above-capable beyond a graphics, gunplay, and multiplayer standpoint.

It's weird because I love this concept and everything I've seen so much, but I have to be apprehensive because of the developer. I'm extremely cautious-hyped.

RexNovis

Banned
Hey Bruce! I've been really busy... had a baby, dealt with some difficult personal things, kinda drifted away from gaming a bit (mostly just commented on OT) and now things are starting to sort of stabilize for me and I'm starting to game a bit more again.

So I'm starting to follow gaming news again more closely, and this game is just something else. Every time I hear about it, it sounds like they personally designed my dream game. I don't know what else they could add to make it sound better than it already does :p

Had no idea you had a kid! Congratulations man! Good to see you posting on gaming side again. While I'm excited by the concept of this game I find myself a little worried about the game design behind it all. Mainly because I've never felt GG has nailed the game design in all the games I have played from them and also because of naggling little details in the gameplay demos we've seen that make me think things might get a bit repetitive in the long run. But the story concept is just so appealing to me since its heavily reminiscent of some of my favorite Science Fiction short stories that I'll likely buy the game day 1 regardless.

Going from your comments about this game and how appealing the concept is to you as well I could actually recommend a few science fiction short stories for you to read. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM them to you.

There is no multiplayer. It's not really weird, is it? They've been making Killzone games for the last decade, it's fully understandable that they'd want to go in a fresh new direction and tackle something new.

Ambitious first party Sony game with no multiplayer options. This could go... poorly.

Fuck yes.

Hopefully we see them revisit Killzone though. Shadowfall and Killzone 3 were good, but Killzone 2 and Mercenary were some of the best games ever created in their genres.

Really really want to see a Killzone 2/3 remaster on PS4/4K.

Amen to that! Let KZ rest for a while and reboot it with the experience from Horizon!

Thank you!

Top Bottom