• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll got anymore of them rumors?
pnBXYTH.png

farisr

Especially considering a Spiderman was indirectly confirmed a few pages back lol.
Despite it possibly being handled by a great developer like insomniac, it seems like confirmation of it not being handled by Sucker Punch kinda dehyped the game.

I reckon a good portion of PS owners have not gotten to experience Sunset Overdrive which is probably the closest thing they've done to a spiderman game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ya'll need to take a break from the leaks till the weekend lol. We've got tons of time for such little material in a 1.5 hour slot.

derExperte

I never played FF7 when it first came out, but I tried to go back and play it recently and I just couldnt get into it. I think Half-Life is a better game, i just think FF is a bigger franchise.

Bigger franchise yes, of course, but yeah, a new HL would bury FF7R especially for western audiences just because it'd be a completely new game and no one is expecting it at this point while the remake was always a realistic possibility. Actually Gabe N. just saying they're working on HL3 could easily make most GAFers instantly forget that FF7R is a thing. Won't happen though.

FelipeMGM

SO guys. What do we suspect gets announced tomorrow? I doubt today was the last of the reveals.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider PS4 details will prob come this week. plus some other SE stuff. Square has made announcements every day this week so far

Monday: FFXII HD
Tuesday: World Of Final Fantasy
Wednesday: Kingdom Hearts II.8, Deus EX GO and MD blowout

Mifune

Mehmber
Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Gravity Rush 2 trailer and release date before Monday. I still think a TLG release date will leak before the show.

Elios83

Rise Of The Tomb Raider PS4 details will prob come this week. plus some other SE stuff. Square has made announcements every day this week so far

Monday: FFXII HD
Tuesday: World Of Final Fantasy
Wednesday: Kingdom Hearts II.8, Deus EX GO and MD blowout

Yeah a trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 with the release date and details definetly seems pre-E3 material.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Gravity Rush 2 trailer and release date before Monday. I still think a TLG release date will leak before the show.

I really hope that GR2 is confirmed for 2016 in the west, I fear that it will be 2016 in Japan only.

silva1991

Despite it possibly being handled by a great developer like insomniac, it seems like confirmation of it not being handled by Sucker Punch kinda dehyped the game.

Not me.

having played Sunset Overdrive I think they can make a great Spderman game

traversing through the sir was top notched and the open world design was jawdroping

Sony studios should focus on original IPs and surprise is like GG with Horizon.

I'm just saying there's better ips Sony Japan could make sequels for.

Sure? I mean currently Knack 2 is a rumor until we see something official, and SIE Japan is currently wrapped up in developing or aiding in the development of The Tomorrow Children, Gravity Rush 2, TLG, and Deep Down; that's quite a bit and includes a sequel as well as new IPs. I mean I would love to see a new Boku no Natsuyasumi or Siren game-- though Project Siren is currently working on Gravity Rush 2-- but Sony Japan certainly isn't just 'making Knack while letting other IPs idle'.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Does anyone know the original rumor and how Insomniac was linked to the SIE Spiderman game? I have to admit I was really liking the Sucker Punch idea.

Elfstruck

I'm just saying there's better ips Sony Japan could make sequels for.

Presumably there are still people who want to work on those old IPs. You can't just throw a bunch of people together and expect the game to be made. They need to have the passion for the game they make in the first place. Look at ND, they wanted to make Jak 4 because fans demanded it, but they decided not to. As for Cerny, he wants a Knack sequel, there is no reason for Sony to stop him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have to admit I'm really underwhelmed so far by these rumors. The only thing remotely interesting is the Insomniac Spiderman game.

Here's hoping there are quite a few surprises for unannounced games at the show.

farisr

Does anyone know the original rumor and how Insomniac was linked to the SIE Spiderman game? I have to admit I was really liking the Sucker Punch idea.
-The original rumor started by looking at the resume of a mocap actor that listed a "spiderman ps4 project"
-The ones who found it (nerdleaks) just said "wouldn't it be cool if sucker punch was doing this"
-That was it. seriously. Nothing substantial to back it up that sucker punch was doing this. Pure speculation as to who could be working on it.

-In another topic a user who got the go ahead from Kagari, hinted at it being handled by Insomniac.
-Also, Shinobi and Kagari outright shot the suggestion down in this topic a few pages ago that the spiderman game is being made by sucker punch.

Mifune

Mehmber

I'd like to know this as well. Insomniac makes little sense to me but the fact that it hasn't been denied by any of the insiders (unlike the Sucker Punch idea which I also liked) gives me pause.

Elios83

Yeah I'm definitely interested in hearing about the pricing around thus as well. A $60 price tag for a game over a year old that wasn't a remaster would be a hard sell, but certainly not unheard of.

They'll throw in all the DLCs, better res and/or frame rate et voilà full price is justified :D In their eyes at least...because I think that game will not perform well.

I loved the video, but ........... E3 was shit in 2014

we predicted several megatons because of this video and in the end the only worth mentioning thing we got was Bloodborne reveal <.<

True that video would have made more sense for E3 2015 but still, video is so high quality and cool haha.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The original rumor started by looking at the resume of a mocap actor that listed a "spiderman ps4 project"

and the ones who found it (nerdleaks) just said "wouldn't it be cool if sucker punch was doing this"

That was it. seriously. Nothing sustantial to back it up that sucker punch was doing this. In another topic a user who got the go ahead from Kagari, hinted at it being handled by Insomniac.

And also, Shinobi and Kagari outright shot the suggestion down in this topic a few pages ago that the spiderman game is being made by sucker punch.

Wait, so it's not even a SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) Spiderman game? Just another Activision published game?? Total rumor disappoint.

farisr

Wait, so it's not even a SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) Spiderman game? Total rumor disappoint.
The person who said it wasn't sucker punch, and hinted at it being insomniac said the detail about the game being handled by Sony was correct.

It's possible Sony's gotten the license (He said Activision does not have the license anymore.), it's being published by SIE and they gave it to Insomniac for development.

They'll throw in all the DLCs, better res and/or frame rate et voilà full price is justified :D In their eyes at least...because I think that game will not perform well.

Yeah, you're probably right, at least about packing in the dlc as a goty to justify $60. But watch that price drop fast.

Pennywise

For Activision or for Sony Interactive?

Point was the original Mocap rumor made no mention of SIE/Sony publishing it.

pSOjOzd.jpg

That was is.
People thought it would be handled internally with Sucker Punch already having developed similar type of games, and them being on a new project nobody knew about.

Here are my predictions!

- Sony will open up with Dead Dont Ride.
- A new Crash game will not make an appearance, but a new PlayStation Crossover Brawler does.
- PlayStation Neo is announced, but the actual console design is not shown.
- Detroit gets a gameplay reveal. The big surprise is the game has more standard gameplay than previous David Cage games, in addition to your typical branching dialogue and choices to make. I predict there will be some type of stealth angle, where you are trying to fit in as a human without being detected by real humans.
- Some new PlayStation 4 OS features are announced, with the update coming "later this month" and the ability to change your PSN Name is mentioned and coming soon.
- Worldwide PlayStation 4 Console sales numbers are updated and revealed.
- PlayStation 4 price drop announced, $299!
- A new area of The Last Guardian is shown for the first time in a short gameplay demo. The demo ends with the game's release date.
- COD Single Player reveal, including announcement of exclusive content coming first to PlayStation.
- Watch Dogs 2 gameplay is shown, including announcement of exclusive content coming first to PlayStation.
- A new Rockstar game doesn't make an appearance at Sony's Show.
- Horizon gameplay shown, showing off new area, but not necessarily a live gameplay demo.
- Sony brings out Toby Fox to talk about Undertale and announce Undertale is coming to PS4 (not necessarily exclusive).
- Playstation VR segment includes Star Wars Battlefront VR gameplay trailer, an Ape Escape VR game, and a short sizzle real of games expected to be available at launch. This sizzle real will include many games we know are coming to PSVR, just now we will know they are targeting launch. They will also detail and show some of the features, including watching movies and navigating the PS4 OS on the PSVR.
- Capcom announces a PS4 exclusive game.
- Sony closes with a God of War 4 gameplay demo shown, you can play as Kratos, but a new playable character is also revealed.

Cromwell

Banned
No way. Final Fantasy VII remake alone crushes the idea of Half Life 3.

I don't think you realize how many people want Half-Life 3. It completely dwarfs the demand for FFVII remake. Not even taking sales numbers of HL2 into account, HL3 has basically reached the status of internet folklore at this point. Even people who've never played a HL game are aware of the franchise, and every time even the slightest hint of a bullshit leak comes out it's at the top of Reddit and every other gaming news site.

Bigger franchise yes, of course, but yeah, a new HL would bury FF7R especially for western audiences just because it'd be a completely new game and no one is expecting it at this point while the remake was always a realistic possibility. Actually Gabe N. just saying they're working on HL3 could easily make most GAFers instantly forget that FF7R is a thing. Won't happen though.
What? FF7 was NEVER some realistic possibility.

Square did that FF7 tech demo on PS3 reveal like 10 years ago, and it was requested even before then in the PS2 era.

People were crying in movie theaters when the game got revealed. Man, you guys can&#8217;t take your bias shades off for more than one minute. They both would have huge huge reaction from fans, what the hell are you even measuring by saying Half-life would &#8220;bury&#8221; FF7? The remake for one game already happened and it was crazy.

Eylos

Banned
I don't think you realize how many people want Half-Life 3. It completely dwarfs the demand for FFVII remake. Not even taking sales numbers of HL2 into account, HL3 has basically reached the status of internet folklore at this point. Even people who've never played a HL game are aware of the franchise, and every time even the slightest hint of a bullshit leak comes out it's at the top of Reddit and every other gaming news site.

yeah i agree. Its like imaging that the third cd of ff7 was never released. ff7 was released complete. The desire for closure is bigger than a remake. Thats why many half life fans are a bit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom