• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

Eggbok

Sony PR:
natalia-kills-x-facto8rar8.gif

Microsoft PR:
giphy.gif

Nintendo PR:
giphy.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I have to head out for a while, but I'll make sure to update the OP when I get back with whatever was determined (assuming it's ironed out by then).

Toki767

The original PlayStation blogs also said it was the fastest selling PS4 first party game, but never said it was the fastest selling Uncharted game, so I think given the seasonality to boot, it's supposed to be implying it's #2.

Well the two aren't mutually exclusive technically right? Worldwide, maybe Uncharted 3 sold faster than Uncharted 4.

Or maybe Sony use a different type of PR critieria than Microsoft.

Kusagari

Read the full sentence:

“Uncharted 4 also marked the best first month of sales for any game in the Uncharted series after Uncharted 3, which is remarkable given the fact that it launched during the holiday period in November 2011,” said Callahan. “The success of Uncharted helped Sony rank as the leading software publisher for May 2016.”

He's stating that the comparison of best first month is remarkable against Uncharted 3 because that game was released during a holiday season.
If it sold less it wouldn't be remarkable.

That could also be implying that it's remarkable that UC4 sold almost as well because it didn't come out in the holiday period.

If what that sentence is supposed to convey is UC4 being the fastest selling UC game then Callahan needs to go back to PR school because he sucks at it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well the two aren't mutually exclusive technically right? Worldwide, maybe Uncharted 3 sold faster than Uncharted 4.

Or maybe Sony use a different type of PR critieria than Microsoft.

Correct, which is why I put my answer in the OP as presumably #2.

The wording makes it sound like UC4 sold less than UC3, considering the advertising budget this game must've had that does not seem too great. TLOU I remember did almost 1 million on a console that was on it's way out and it just kept on selling, once does have to wonder why ND went back to a franchise like Uncharted.

2.7 million first week sounds great but when you add in the advertising, where even your gran would have not been able to escape from a forced look at the game it's nothing special. I think Fallout 4 on PS4 alone did better and damn that must be a kick in the teeth, seeing how that piece of shit makes UC4 look like a masterpiece and that's saying something.

Yet here we are, Ratchet out the Top 10, what a travesty. :(

Edit - Shit wording it seems UC4 did do better than UC3, looks they they must have hired the dude that does MS spin and he's confused about what to do when the system actually wins a month

Empty

doom is the best selling game in may after uncharted 4, which is remarkable given the fact that it had much less buzz

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
2 PS exclusives again....

Does this mean the PS4 finally haz gamez?

Elios83

That could also be implying that it's remarkable that UC4 sold almost as well because it didn't come out in the holiday period.

If what that sentence is supposed to convey is UC4 being the fastest selling UC game then Callahan needs to go back to PR school because he sucks at it.

He could have worded things in a better way whatever he meant :D
We'll find out though.

Edit: Late to the U4>U3 confirmation.

Top Bottom