• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

viHuGi

Banned
Was that real gameplay footage?

Also that's not a QTE, right?

ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

Dear Lord dear Lord oh my god

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
has so much potential but I hope Sony doesn't pressure Insomniac to get this out by the time the movie releases

give this game the time it needs pls

RPGCrazied

Is it just going to be called spiderman? Or have some subtitle to it? I hope this becomes the dev that makes a great spiderman that rocksteady did for batman.

Ponn

Banned
Please for the love of God, all that is holy and Cthullu do not, DO NOT put chase sequences that can be failed in this game. They were beyond fucking annoying in previous Spider-man games and were not fun at all.

Marvel can if they wanted to, they just refuse to do so because they don't want to promote Fox material. It's basically a dick-fighting contest between Marvel and Fox.

well that's stupid (cyclops should have been in MvC 3). regardless this game would do wonders to have a few other marvel characters you can run into like daredevil. or at least go DEEP into the spidey stuff including parker's everyday acquaintances and friends.

that's one reason that made the arkham games so great. it was just steeped in the batman mythology.

Cptkrush

has so much potential but I hope Sony doesn't pressure Insomniac to get this out by the time the movie releases

give this game the time it needs pls

Yeah, hopefully they're smart enough to realize a Spider-Man game doesn't need a to tie in to a movie to boost interest and vice versa.

i thought games-wise marvel had the licensing to practically everyone.

Yeah, I could've sworn hearing there's a general catch-all Marvel license and then there's title specific licenses like Spiderman and X-Men. I thought the latter was the reason Capcom didn't release X-Men vs Street Fighter in Marvel vs Capcom Origins.

sophora

So excited, I can't wait! When I played Infamous' Demo those many years ago on PS3 I felt that Insomniac was so well suited to Spider-man. Not a fan of the costume, but hey it's whatever, and they'll probably end up giving us alternate costumes.

Apathy

Wonder if this will start a war over marvel properties and making games if it performs well.

Both MS and Sony buying up individual rights from marvel

"Yeah, we'll just take the eyes"

"... uh, are you sure? You can have the costume design too"

"No, we're good with just the lenses"

"Really, I insis-"

"Don't worry, we got this"

"
Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif
"

I sort of like the suit, though
If the spider on the suit was black there literally wouldnt be an issue. Not for me anyway

Made by Insomniac?! No wonder I didn't see any jank. Game looks great, knowing their reportoire, I'd be baffled if they DIDN'T nail down the web mechanics

Neoxon

Yeah, I could've sworn hearing there's a general catch-all Marvel license and then there's title specific licenses like Spiderman and X-Men. I thought the latter was the reason Capcom didn't release X-Men vs Street Fighter in Marvel vs Capcom Origins.
Activision had the X-Men game rights at the time. Now Marvel made it to where nobody can use the X-Men (including Deadpool) or the Fantastic Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom