• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting NX info. Why should I always keep "expectations" low? All I'm expecting is a more concrete NX reveal date other than "fall". I'm tired of this "keep expectations low" mindset. If we get a more concrete date, then it's cool. If we don't get a date it's still cool because I'm expecting September anyways.

Zoon

I'm expecting NX info. Why should I always keep "expectations" low? All I'm expecting is a more concrete NX reveal date other than "fall". I'm tired of this "keep expectations low" mindset. If we get a more concrete date, then it's cool. If we don't get a date it's still cool because I'm expecting September anyways.

It's not about keeping your expectations low, it's about keeping them realistic. After what Miyamoto said I believe it will be at least a couple of months before we get some solid info/leaks.

TheJoRu

Make your worst case scenario really, really good and then we'll all benefit! It's in your hands TheJoRu!

"While I can't share anything about NX's hardware capabilities at this time, I can confirm that we are collaborating with SEGA to bring the next Sonic game from Sonic Team at the system launch. In fact Sonic for NX is the only game launching for NX at its release in fall 2017, this to fully immerse players in the colorful world of Sonic and his friends. Please look forward to the full NX reveal in early 2017, as Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime kicks off the year of NX by introducing the new Sonic game to the world and how it takes advantage of the system's brand-new concept."

WiiU0706

Do we usually get any news out of ordinary shareholders meetings? or they do only happen at results briefing which is around the end of July.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It's not about keeping your expectations low, it's about keeping them realistic. After what Miyamoto said I believe it will be at least a couple of months before we get some solid info/leaks.
Nintendo's FY 2016 Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Semi-Annual Financial Results Briefing is tentatively scheduled for late October (last year it was held on October 29). There usually is no briefing for the First Quarter Earnings Release (the FY 2016 one is scheduled for July 27, 2016), so the October event will likely be the next time after the shareholders meeting for analysts/investors to ask Nintendo questions on a major scale.

Hopefully NX will be revealed before October 29.

Do we usually get any news out of ordinary shareholders meetings? or they do only happen at results briefing which is around the end of July.
The Q&A usually brings some news, and the dedicated thread is bound to feature some humorous moments. And again, as stated before, the First Quarter Earnings Release usually has no briefing.

WiiU0706

"While I can't share anything about NX's hardware capabilities at this time, I can confirm that we are collaborating with SEGA to bring the next Sonic game from Sonic Team at the system launch. In fact Sonic for NX is the only game launching for NX at its release in fall 2017, this to fully immerse players in the colorful world of Sonic and his friends. Please look forward to the full NX reveal in early 2017, as Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime kicks off the year of NX by introducing the new Sonic game to the world and how it takes advantage of the system's brand-new concept."

Aisha Tyler pops in, hey hey now, don't forget we are doing something that has never been done before and first on the NX, releasing Just Dance 2017 and Just Dance 2018 at the same time all in one girlwood certified package, *cue crazy Just Dance Dancers*

Again: this isn't an investor results briefing. There was no press release of any kind from last year's shareholders meeting, so don't get your hopes up. Any semblance of actual news will most likely be in the Q&A, which won't be transcribed for another day or so (and won't be translated for a few more days after that).

rha9aIk.jpg

Expeting: Nothing

Wishing/Suprising: Timeframe for NX event

Most likely: Stupid questions from shareholders about why Nintendo makes "television games"

---

Honestly if we're getting some tidbit about the NX event, i'd call it a massive win already.

Any semblance of actual news will most likely be in the Q&A, which won't be transcribed for another day or so (and won't be translated for a few more days after that).
"I find your lack of faith (in Cheesemeister) disturbing." - Darth Vader

WiiU0706

Wait so is this one of those events where the investors were asking Iwata embarassing/headscratching questions like why are we talking about video games

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so is this one of those events where the investors were asking Iwata embarassing/headscratching questions like why are we talking about video games
Yes. The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is open to basically any shareholder. The earnings release briefings are open to analysts and institutional investors only.

The Q&A will almost certainly see some NX questions, with likely non-answers.

Curious to see how the voting goes though, seeing as how investor confidence likely isn't very high right now. There's a (probably very small) chance we might see some shakeups.

WiiU0706

Rösti;208567029 said:
Yes. The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is open to basically any shareholder. The earnings release briefings are open to analysts and institutional investors only.

what are the odds anything substantial come from this

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
what are the odds anything substantial come from this
The possibility of successfully getting anything substantial from an Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Nintendo is approximately 3,720 to 1.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;208567725 said:
The possibility of successfully getting anything substantial from an Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Nintendo is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Not so much for the NX.

Eradicate

Übermatik;208565133 said:
See you all NXt year! Haha, okay, alright, bye everyone...

LOL!!!

"Today we will focus on 3DS and WiiU"

*1 minute later*

"Aaanddddd we're done!!"

Now Kimishima's just trolling us!

LOL!!! NX is a treadmill so we can all run fast! QoL!

Aisha Tyler pops in, hey hey now, don't forget we are doing something that has never been done before and first on the NX, releasing Just Dance 2017 and Just Dance 2018 at the same time all in one girlwood certified package, *cue crazy Just Dance Dancers*

Haha, I'm all for celebrity guest appearances and dance numbers at shareholders meetings!

There will definitely be NX information! I don't buy the "realistic" thing either as realistic is often just a rebranded "keep it low."

We can play shareholder Q&A bingo. I mean, what honestly is on Nintendo's horizon that investors may be interested in:

NX
Mobile efforts/games
Leadership changes
What's left for the current systems
Dividend payouts
Zelda
IP-related ventures

That's about all I can think about. I really hope they don't blow the Q&A just to gripe about why they didn't show the Zelda trailer at the meeting instead of financial information!

But, again, NX is on the agenda for the meeting as an issue to be addressed, so something is bound to come about related to it! Just give us a date when you'll "reveal" it and I'll be happy as Toad!

Are you ready for.... The Nintendo Wave?

Can I use the Wavebird with the Nintendo Wave? (Q&A question #1)

yllekz

Banned
If I were a Nintendo investor I'd demand some information or dump all stock at this point. Having to settle for radio silence for the rest of the year is ludicrously unacceptable for a company.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
In order of likelihood of what might be covered.

1. Officer / Division changes
2. New Business from Technology and Entertainment Ventures
3. 3DS / Wii U
4. Mobile
5. QoL
6. NX
7. Future Acquisition / Mergers

wrowa

Nintendo is not going to scrap its marketing plans because some investor asks a question. Any reasonable investor knows that as well.

Expeting: Nothing

Wishing/Suprising: Timeframe for NX event

Most likely: Stupid questions from shareholders about why Nintendo makes "television games"

---

Honestly if we're getting some tidbit about the NX event, i'd call it a massive win already.

"I find your lack of faith (in Cheesemeister) disturbing." - Darth Vader

Sure, someone might livetweet. I just don't see them properly announcing anything tonight, as opposed to vaguely hinting at things.

I liked that question.

Me too. Nintendo's management needed to be called out on their declining business. And I can see how the one question regarding Zelda got the pissed off investor even more riled up. Nintendo are taking losses for the first time ever and this guy has the nerve to ask, "When will we learn more about the next Zelda game?" haha

Knobiwan

Neo Member
I don't know about everyone here but I've been hyping for NX news since the first February meeting and I am just surprised we know so little since then. Power, Gimmick, Games, nothing(substantial). NOTHING. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed Nintendo has kept it sealed so well for so long. We knew about Scorpio and Neo ahead of announcement, and the leaked specs/features are very accurate. And even though there are leak sources I trust I can't even say with a degree of certainty that I "know" anything about the NX.

And given the course of things I would suggest everyone severely lowering their expectations for this meeting. There will most likely be nothing of interest revealed, as Nintendo won't reveal things until they are ready, and some random Q&A session is not the method that they will choose to reveal anything to us.

"You will know more very soon." is the most I can see from the meeting.

Peltz

Again: this isn't an investor results briefing. There was no press release of any kind from last year's shareholders meeting, so don't get your hopes up. Any semblance of actual news will most likely be in the Q&A, which won't be transcribed for another day or so (and won't be translated for a few more days after that).

rha9aIk.jpg
Fuck... I really need some new info on Nintendo's hardware plans. Even those Q&A sessions make me thirsty as fuck.

I love Nintendo, but sometimes (certain years in particular) it's truly hard being such a die hard fan.

thefro

I think the only newsworthy things (beyond the Board of Directors restructure getting approved) will be the Q&A.

I think we might get an announcement of the NX reveal date with the Q1 fiscal results in a press release in late July. The timing there is about right if we're looking at an early September reveal before TGS as many have speculated.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Doubt it. Maybe next meeting July/August will as it's probably the last before it.
The First Quarter Earnings Release usually has no meeting/briefing. Nintendo's FY 2016 First Quarter Earnings Release is scheduled for July 27.

I think NX is going to be one of those things where it gets revealed and people go "Oh, there were rumors about (thing) like a year ago."

It likely will have something to do with that "mystery acquisition" Nintendo made a few years ago for like $100m...

They've been filing a lot of patent applications that focus on image sensors, and specifically a lot of IR sensors... I wonder if NX will have a lot of these types of sensor capabilities.

Because that mockup controller was closer to the real thing than people thought?

No, because I don't think anything exists for this long under tight wraps.

Hell, there was a screenshot of Zelda's UI about six months ago and no one had any idea what it was. It was just randomly posted to a GameFAQs board.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Rösti;208577715 said:
The First Quarter Earnings Release usually has no meeting/briefing. Nintendo's FY 2016 First Quarter Earnings Release is scheduled for July 27.

Wait, then where was the first 3DS price cut revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom