• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

Just writing to say that work called me in on the weekend both days, so the OT for 7th Dragon III isn't 100% ready to go yet. Something will be going up tonight (EST), but I'll likely need to edit more pictures in tomorrow (the text is ready).

Once again updating my claim on Zelda for Wii U/NX now the game has the official title "Breath of the Wild"! And yes, there's still a contingency plan in place should I still be junior'd come release ;)

Toa TAK

Banned
Just dropping in to say I'm not doing the OT for Ghostbusters anymore. Not to be melodramatic of course, there's a spoiler thread already made and I feel an additional OT would be redundant.

Volotaire

Haven't seen anything about it yet, and, TBH, cannot remember last year. So forgive me, if I post (or try to claim) BS ^^

gamescom 2016 by ocesc (16th July 2016

(Thinking of maybe just having general discussion 'bout the fair in there. No idea if it's worth it tough)

It sounds reasonable. There was this thread last year:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1088613

EDIT: Although Sony, EA and MSFT won't be having press events so it might not be as useful this year.

I would like to claim the ABZÛ OT.

I already have a thread that would be perfect for it.

I'll make the necessary modifications to it when we are closer to release and if the mods wouldn't mind, they can add the "OT" to the title.

Im interested in helping out anybody that wants to make an OT for Overcooked.

I have information written up, but don't have the skills to put together a good looking OT, so if anyone is thinking of doing it and wants help, Ill be happy to pitch in

TheMoon

God damnit Nintendo! Why do you have to release Metroid Prime: Blast Ball standalone for free out of the blue like that!

Wasn't ready for the OT lol

I'll whip one up asap

edit: well that went nowhere^^

DieH@rd

Banned
Remaster of Darksiders 1 was just officially announced, but sadly without the specific release date [it will come out during 2016]. Anyhow, I'm very much willing to create OT for it. So here it goes:

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition by DieH@rd (27th July 2016)

edit -game releases October 25th

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
While not an OT just doing an import impression thread for Toukiden 2 which came out today. Since no one else claimed it up till now.

Not going to bother with a full OT since its a waste of time with how small importers are in general with these titles.

Coreda

Semi-related to OTs. An alternative to using email tags to hide content from non-members is using URL tags without any child content. Something I noticed during a few tests.

Syntax:

Email tag: [email=something hidden here][/email]

URL tag: [url=something hidden here][/url]​

Examples:

something hidden here

The above hidden both visually and upon inspecting the content of the html. Both will appear in the edit box when a post is quoted.

Josh5890

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask it but I'll try anyway. Is there, or was there at any time an official "What are you playing this weekend" thread on Gaf? I wouldn't mind starting something along those lines for the gaming thread.

Josh5890

Agreed. I should have worded my post better. I meant to ask if there was already someone who did a weekly OT thread for "What are you Playing?" like the Fighting Game Weekend thread or the Monthly Pick-Up thread.

maxcriden

Agreed. I should have worded my post better. I meant to ask if there was already someone who did a weekly OT thread for "What are you Playing?" like the Fighting Game Weekend thread or the Monthly Pick-Up thread.

Yep, it's typically Strike:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255068

http://neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=18226101

I used to do them but passed the torch to him a couple years ago. Before that it was VendettaXXI and Ivan A Nguyen doing them. Going even further back, stupei and prior to them, DevelopmentArrested. That takes us back to 2007. :)

Josh5890

Yep, it's typically Strike:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255068

http://neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=18226101

I used to do them but passed the torch to him a couple years ago. Before that it was VendettaXXI and Ivan A Nguyen doing them. Going even further back, stupei and prior to them, DevelopmentArrested. That takes us back to 2007. :)

Ok, I guess I've been missing it. I certainly won't push onto someone else's turf. Thank you for the clarification.

Nemesis_

Should be all updated, I am about to update the OT too because these updates are taking me way longer than they should be because of omission of information (and thusly gets updated less often than it should.)

Please let me know if I have missed anything!

Parakeetman

Should be all updated, I am about to update the OT too because these updates are taking me way longer than they should be because of omission of information (and thusly gets updated less often than it should.)

Please let me know if I have missed anything!

Thank you Nemesis_ for your hard work with keeping the thread updated!

Nemesis_

If you guys wanna chat amongst yourselves and come up with some hard rules on what can and can't be claimed (I think we've worked it out already) I will attempt to reincorporate them into the OT when I redo it in the coming week.

Parakeetman

If you guys wanna chat amongst yourselves and come up with some hard rules on what can and can't be claimed (I think we've worked it out already) I will attempt to reincorporate them into the OT when I redo it in the coming week.

Pretty much for now we have been keeping to the one year rule plus having at least a general release window for claims.

Outside of that things like if a thread is OT worthy or where should it be made, usually we suggest folks to contact a mod for confirmation.

Everything else for the most part has been a non issue and things have been progressing smoothly so far.

Nemesis_ do you think if a community google docs was used that it would help you further with updates? As can imagine fishing through the thread to find all of the claims and cancellations to be quite time consuming for yourself. With a consolidated source such as a google docs figured would help take some of the burden off with shaving off some of the time for updates.

Not quite sure on how google docs access / rights work so would have to look that up if it would be something that you are interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom