• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: NX = portable w/ carts, detachable controllers, Tegra, TV Out, no BC, Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Wasn't it with the Wii, 3DS and Wii U that we didn't see actual patents for T what the systems did until after they released the systems? Don't Nintendo file a crap ton of patents whose concepts never come to light? If that's right, wouldn't it be safe to assume that NONE of the patents we've seen so far will be implemented into the NX?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! In other words, SCDs are a pipedream.

RedSwirl

Aside from obvious first party exclusivity, I wonder how many of the third parties (like Capcom or Square Enix i.e. Japanese third party) will release their games as sole exclusives to the NX. This is an era where releasing a game as an exclusive to one console without funding by the console manufacturer is basically a death sentence thanks to higher budgets, and I imagine the NX will increase the budget needed to make games pretty damn highly thanks to its rather beefy specs compared to its predecessor (keep in mind the damn thing's supposedly beefy enough to run a home console Zelda game on it). I imagine even series like Bravely Default might find themselves releasing on other consoles/PC (since it seems like every other Japanese dev is jumping on PC) unless Nintendo pays them to stay exclusive, since said projects will want to make their money back. I imagine the more low budget clearly handheld centric efforts will stay as handheld exclusive, but I imagine the more medium to high budget projects (basically, games that can work fairly well as both a handheld or home console game, I'll include things like JRPGs here) to find themselves released elsewhere, either at the same time or ported afterwards (unless Nintendo pays them to stay exclusive or the series is practically joined at the hip with Nintendo like Monster Hunter).

So what I'm saying is, is that I bet everyone who likes Japanese games will be a winner thanks to the NX existing, since there'll likely be lots of Japanese support for the NX, and quite a bit of that support may also release their games on other consoles without having to deal with the stigma of "Ew, handheld games on a home console" (since well, the NX itself is also technically a home console as well, and I've seen people comment on things like this way too much in regards to games releasing on both the Vita and the PS4) so those who like Japanese games but don't own a Nintendo console might also benefit as well (probably not as much as actually owning the thing though).

Probably the ones currently releasing 3DS games. Square Enix, Atlus, probably Monster Hunter.

The Boat

Wasn't it with the Wii, 3DS and Wii U that we didn't see actual patents for what the systems did until after they released the systems? Don't Nintendo file a crap ton of patents whose concepts never come to light? If that's right, wouldn't it be safe to assume that NONE of the patents we've seen so far will be implemented into the NX?

Patents for motion controls were known way before Wii was revealed actually, even if most of the ones people paid attention too involved gyroscopes, which were only adopted with the motion+.

Thraktor

I see your point, but i still don't understand how those reports could be true if there is no way to dissipate the heat generated from a 10W+ device.

Well, it depends on what metrics each of those people were using to evaluate the performance of NX. Let's take a hypothetical scenario, which is on the upper end of what I'd consider possible:

CPU: 8-core A53, 1.5GHz in handheld mode, 2GHz in docked mode
GPU: 3 x SM, 500MHz in handheld mode, 800MHz in docked mode
RAM: 6 GB, 60 GB/s, 1GB reserved for OS

We can evaluate the claims one by one:

1) Tegra X1 being noisy in devkits would point to an overclocked chip that simulates the (better) performances of the final one

This one's fairly easy, as to emulate docked performance of our hypothetical chip with the TX1, you'd need to clock it up to 1.2GHz, which would require fairly hefty cooling.

2) Osirisblack saying that the console has little to no issue in handling ports from current get

This is going to depend on the game that Osirisblack's contacts are working on. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that it's a UE4 game. Now, the SoC I've described above has 614 Gflops of 32-bit floating point performance, but unlike the PS4 and XBO SoCs, Tegra GPUs are also able to operate with twice the throughput on 16-bit floats. You can't just use 16-bit precision for everything, or you'll get rendering errors, but you can get away with it for a lot, and UE4 actually uses it for all pixel shaders when running on mobiles.

If we assume that the game they tested it on has a pixel/vertex shader workload split of 80/20 (numbers I've plucked off the top of my head), and UE4 is treating NX like a mobile platform and using 16FP for pixel shaders, and there are no other bottlenecks at all, then the actual floating point performance they'd be able to squeeze out of the NX would be 204.8 FP32 Gflops + 819.2 FP16 Gflops = 1024 mixed Gflops. Now, given that Nvidia GPUs typically have better performance per Gflop, and UE4 runs quite a bit better on Nvidia GPUs than AMD equivalents, it's entirely possible that in that particular scenario they'd see performance exceeding XBO and possibly even close to PS4.

Admittedly this is a rather contrived scenario, but it's still a plausible one, and in that situation I could see a developer being very confident about NX being able to handle XBO/PS4 ports.

3) LCGeek's comment about NX CPU>>>>Xbone CPU

Again, this depends on the benchmark used. By blu's matrix mult benchmark, the A53s at 1.5GHz would actually comfortably beat the Jaguars at 1.7Ghz in XBO, although they might not by other benchmarks.

4) Emily Rogers saying that the NX blows the Wii U out of the water, and that it's close to Xbox One (although that's a bit of a stretch, but if it wasn't somewhat close then i don't even see the point in mentioning the Microsoft console, just say that it's noticeably better than the Wii U but still far from the current gen consoles)

This could be explained if she simply heard the raw Gflops (or the person she talked to did). A 600 Gflop machine is obviously much more capable than Wii U, and if you subscribe to the "Nvidia Gflop is worth X more than AMD Gflop" school of thought (which she or her contact might), then you'd be looking at something which could be described as "close to XBO".

jdstorm

Banned
If that really happens it will be a culture shock for 3DS owners. Going from puke ugly graphics and a resolution of 12 pixels to 2x wii u.

As a handheld it will likely have a crappy 5 inch/540p screen, so it will likely be comparable to the Vita.
well a Vita that could run Battlefield 1, or Mass Effect Andromeda without sacrificing any bells and whistles

Astral Dog

I'm kind of talking about all of them actually. A lot of games were released as exclusives for the 3DS for example by third party Japanese developers like Capcom or Square Enix, but I don't know if that'll really fly anymore, since one of the reasons games could afford to be exclusive to the 3DS is because of its cheaper development costs (and the NX is pretty much guaranteed to raise these costs). I'm just saying that I won't be surprised if said third parties are more reluctant to keep series, even ones that were previously handheld only, exclusive. Even more so if what people are saying in regards to porting games to or from the console is true (i.e. it's not too difficult), since there'd basically be no reason to keep things exclusive at that point. I suspect the PS4 and NX will be sharing a lot of games with one another, kind of like how the Vita and PS4 tend to share games with one another these days (what with the NX pretty much replacing the Vita as well).

Basically, what I'm saying is, all consumers who like Japanese games will likely be a winner, regardless of whether or not you're a Nintendo fan or have any desire to own their consoles and we should all sit down and have some nice tea until Nintendo officially announces the thing and everyone goes apeshit again.
Thats something that has no easy solution, Nintendo wont get much exclusive content on an HD system, even if it sells 3DS levels.

The best bet we have right now is portable versions of japanese series and favorites along with the ocassional exclusive.

We have already seen a bit of this with Sonic 2017 and DQ X

G.ZZZ

I think i finally got an idea on how two complete detachable controllers at the side could be possible, especially including the idea of a stand. It would make the handheld extremely bulky though, and the controllers pretty thin, so it 's still a bad design, even if it' s the only way to have two usable normal controllers attached to the side of a 5-6" inches screen

I wouldn't take her word as a gospel, she was wrong about Mother 3, and that was recent :/
Nope. She hasn't been wrong in the past couple years. Mother 3 still has time to show up, and the Zelda rumors can still be true if Nintendo wasn't ready to announce female Link. (And the old man in demo not having voice acting could be because its a demo and hasn't been recorded yet.)

I'll still put 100% faith in those rumors because she hasn't let me down. But if she's wrong, she's wrong. I know she tries to get facts and so far she has done well. But if she gets bad info that just happens sometimes. But until no Mother 3 this year and until BotW releases I still believe. I still believe anyways because i know she wouldn't misreport on purpose.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! In other words, SCDs are a pipedream.

At this point? Perhaps. A few years down the road, though? I don't know if I'd use the term "pipedream."

Astral Dog

If that really happens it will be a culture shock for 3DS owners. Going from puke ugly graphics and a resolution of 12 pixels to 2x wii u.
Aww i thought some 3DS managed to look kinda pretty (besides the resolution)

You have 3D Land, Majora 3D, Resident Rev, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Fault, Ace Attorney,Kid Icarus, Star Fox etc

weepy

Man...

The idea that all of Nintendo's games will be on one console is mind-boggling to me. Just imagine all the flagship titles they're known for being able to be played on screen and also on the go, titles such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon's handheld versions just everything on one console. Wow. As someone who's always hated having to pick one Nintendo platform (I usually had handheld and console but still) this is great. I don't have to say "ok I'll get this handheld now and get the console later", I can say "ok I'll just get this" and be good with it. They can also come out with a higher rate of releases too.

This is dope.

I don't get it, the Wii Virtual Console sort have did that and if I have a WiiU I see no need to really get this, unless I plan on taking it on the go with me all the time. I'm trying to be optimistic but this does nothing different based off the rumors. Kudos for the 3ds owners I guess, I'll just wait and see.

oti

Banned
Aww i thought some 3DS managed to look kinda pretty (besides the resolution)

You have 3D Land, Majora 3D, Resident Rev, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Bravely Fault, Ace Attorney,Kid Icarus, Star Fox etc

Youkai Watch looks incredible. Never played it because of that awful battle system though.

cordy

Banned
I don't get it, the Wii Virtual Console sort have did that and if I have a WiiU I see no need to really get this, unless I plan on taking it on the go with me all the time. I'm trying to be optimistic but this does nothing different based off the rumors. Kudos for the 3ds owners I guess, I'll just wait and see.

Me personally I have a 3DS and a Wii U and honestly I just hated switching from one to the next. Having one platform for all of Nintendo's games is not only more convenient for me but it's also great if I can carry with me on the go, that's further convenience. Also, I usually get a game on a system at a time. For example, say I get Overwatch on PS4. I likely won't be getting another PS4 game until it cools down for a bit due to my schedule. I could still get a new 3DS game and Overwatch for PS4 but there would be conflicting schedules with me. In this game? I can get one Nintendo game and be good. By the time I'm done with one I can slide another through. It also makes the console more appealing if you have 1 platform rather than 2 individual bases. People don't have to say "well I can only get 1 with my money and man they have sort of good line ups, not great but sorta, man I don't know what to get" anymore. They can say "ok, I can only buy one and with everything on one system the lineup is pretty great, this is a deal".

With me it's less about graphics and power. It's more about convenience and Nintendo's main titles on one platform for me.

MuchoMalo

Banned
4) Emily Rogers saying that the NX blows the Wii U out of the water, and that it's close to Xbox One (although that's a bit of a stretch, but if it wasn't somewhat close then i don't even see the point in mentioning the Microsoft console, just say that it's noticeably better than the Wii U but still far from the current gen consoles)

This could be explained if she simply heard the raw Gflops (or the person she talked to did). A 600 Gflop machine is obviously much more capable than Wii U, and if you subscribe to the "Nvidia Gflop is worth X more than AMD Gflop" school of thought (which she or her contact might), then you'd be looking at something which could be described as "close to XBO".

There's no mystery to what she wrote. She was saying that it's weaker than Xbone, and not much else. It's her writing style that makes it sound weird. I guess she's used to having to be vague when she writes things that she doesn't even realize how vague she is at times.

SCD was never likely going to be there Day 1 or Year 1. I can see Nintendo using it to extend the NX's lifespan in Year 3 or 4 though.

Why are you here? You need to get that source of yours to sign that contract to make sure that you get that free NX. If you don't, he's just gonna vanish after the reveal!

I don't believe Eurogamer's sole source for the NX story is Emily Rogers. Or at least, not everyone's source for the NX information we have is only her.
Wording and clickyness is why I chose my statement.

If somebody can prove me wrong Id take it (which I know cant be done) but right now all the extra and confirming source thing is BS. Afterall im Mello, the damn king of deductive reasoning.

weepy

Me personally I have a 3DS and a Wii U and honestly I just hated switching from one to the next. Having one platform for all of Nintendo's games is not only more convenient for me but it's also great if I can carry with me on the go, that's further convenience. Also, I usually get a game on a system at a time. For example, say I get Overwatch on PS4. I likely won't be getting another PS4 game until it cools down for a bit due to my schedule. I could still get a new 3DS game and Overwatch for PS4 but there would be conflicting schedules with me. In this game? I can get one Nintendo game and be good. By the time I'm done with one I can slide another through. It also makes the console more appealing if you have 1 platform rather than 2 individual bases. People don't have to say "well I can only get 1 with my money and man they have sort of good line ups, not great but sorta, man I don't know what to get" anymore. They can say "ok, I can only buy one and with everything on one system the lineup is pretty great, this is a deal".

With me it's less about graphics and power. It's more about convenience and Nintendo's main titles on one platform for me.

I agree. Not everything needs to be about "moar power" and the repetitive path that Sony and Microsoft are going down is proof of that. Hell, if it wasn't for their 3rd party support they would have had a software drought that would have rivaled the N64, but I digress.

All I want from Nintendo is something new and added graphics would be a bonus. Would I like to have an F-Zero game where I can race against 20 plus cars online, or a physics based platformer using Unreal 4, or a Mario running at a smooth 60 fps 1080p, a Metroid with Field of Depth, beautiful particle effects, and the like? Wouldn't you? Think about it, if Nintendo decided they were done with the Wii and decided to make a portable one we probably wouldn't have had Mario Kart 8.

MuchoMalo

Banned

If somebody can prove me wrong Id take it (which I know cant be done) but right now all the extra and confirming source thing is BS. Afterall im Mello, the damn king of deductive reasoning.

Mihael Mello Keehl
cried for 12 months straight, twice
(Today, 07:32 PM)

Your tag a year and a half from now, probably.

I'm just messing with you. I apologize if this bothers you.

Wasn't it with the Wii, 3DS and Wii U that we didn't see actual patents for what the systems did until after they released the systems? Don't Nintendo file a crap ton of patents whose concepts never come to light? If that's right, wouldn't it be safe to assume that NONE of the patents we've seen so far will be implemented into the NX?
I think most of their patents don't turn out to be anything.

ekurisona

I haven't posted in this thread since this rumor first broke. You guys figure out anything new??

maxresdefault.jpg

cordy

Banned
I agree. Not everything needs to be about "moar power" and the repetitive path that Sony and Microsoft are going down is proof of that. Hell, if it wasn't for their 3rd party support they would have had a software drought that would have rivaled the N64, but I digress.

All I want from Nintendo is something new and added graphics would be a bonus. Would I like to have an F-Zero game where I can race against 20 plus cars online, or a physics based platformer using Unreal 4, or a Mario running at a smooth 60 fps 1080p, a Metroid with Field of Depth, beautiful particle effects, and the like? Wouldn't you? Think about it, if Nintendo decided they were done with the Wii and decided to make a portable one we probably wouldn't have had Mario Kart 8.

Indeed. I wonder what we'll see with this platform because if there's one thing Nintendo titles have it's creativity. I'm sure the games will be nice.

Nanashrew

Banned

I foresee the new Zelda engine being used a lot for many types of games Nintendo makes. There's just too much effort they've put into it just for a single game. I don't see Nintendo using Unreal Engine 4 for a physics based platformer.

G.ZZZ

Guys damn i feel so dumb after realizing the way to have 2 fully functional controllers detachable from the sides. Plus it give credence to the strange form factor rumor and make the wireless proximity patent relevant too. Just look at the new 3ds xl and it 's clear! You Remove the bottom half and keep the above one, with the 5" screen. On the bottom side of said screen you place two holes.

You insert two nes-shaped pads that block themselves mechanically with guides in the right place inside the upper part. The left one has to be inserted from the side of the buttons, the right one from the side of the stick. The Two controllers once inserted should make contact in the middle part too,and you have something that look like a 2ds with a lower part that look more a 3ds because of the depressed area where the controls stand.

This make for 3ds style sticks though, and for a pretty bulky portable, 3ds style. However it give us two actually usable pads with good stability and grip in handheld mode that are technically detached from the side. If the screen is more than 5 and is like 6"+ the NX without controllers inside would have a T shape, like a 3ds without the sticks and button area.

gafneo

Banned
Disclaimer:
  • Main reason the 4 face buttons are down there is to appease the guys that like the NES style to multiplay when detached.
  • The 4 face buttons could be higher closer to the Circle Pad so the user has access to them when using the controllers Wii Remote style. In this case the 4 face buttons would be covered when in Handheld Mode.
  • This is just the concept. Ergonomics and proportions weren't taken into account so improvements are easy to make.
  • A rectangular screen with holes would be more in line with the type of detachable controllers people are imagining.

nx_touch9es1y.jpg

This is NIntendo's Free Form Patent with the detachable controller. The main point to get across is that when in HandHeld mode instead of using the physical face buttons they could be projected in the screen itself insteadd as virtual ones. The user wouldn't have any problem interacting this way since they are focusing on the touch screen and there's still a physical thumbstick that also serves reference purposes (Home Position).

With the apropiate design adjustments (not pictured) the device will reduce it's width considerably. There's also the option for the controllers to be folded in a void space down the device (see the 3. numbered thick view in the picture) and be extend as handles when in portable use for better ergonomics.

For my tastes, instead of bothering so much with face buttons i would have just stick a large Trackpad in there with reference markings in the surface so it could be used in any style (NES or Wii) without much problems while having full acces to similar face button functionality. But a lot of people want their physical face buttons i most admit.

Nice idea. Makes sense if you compare this to the DS4 with its motion controller grips.

Guys damn i feel so dumb after realizing the way to have 2 fully functional controllers detachable from the sides. Plus it give credence to the strange form factor rumor and make the wireless proximity patent relevant too. Just look at the new 3ds xl and it 's clear! You Remove the bottom half and keep the above one, with the 5" screen. On the bottom side of said screen you place two holes.

You insert two nes-shaped pads that block themselves mechanically with guides in the right place inside the upper part. The left one has to be inserted from the side of the buttons, the right one from the side of the stick. The Two controllers once inserted should make contact in the middle part too,and you have something that look like a 2ds with a lower part that look more a 3ds because of the depressed area where the controls stand.

This make for 3ds style sticks though, and for a pretty bulky portable, 3ds style. However it give us two actually usable pads with good stability and grip in handheld mode that are technically detached from the side. If the screen is more than 5 and is like 6"+ the NX without controllers inside would have a T shape, like a 3ds without the sticks and button area.

Do you have a picture ?

maxcriden

Even WSJ? That's a pretty reputable source.

All current disc based systems except for the WiiU install their game on the HDD. The cartridges won't load any faster than that.

Ah, I see. Thank you!

I don't get the whole 'two detachable controllers' speculation - I interpreted the leak as if those two detachable parts met in the middle to form one controller should you prefer (tabletop screen + one control pad OR 'handheld' screen-in-the-middle combination)...
I can't see Nintendo designing two control schemes for their games where one format has reduced buttons...? It seems weird. If it's 2 controllers, wouldn't they be awfully small? You'd also have to sacrifice analogue sticks for D-pads, surely?

Basically this:

p9Ut76Jm.png

Rather than this:

YPPOwSHm.png

(Super shitty 2 min Photoshop)

maxcriden

Übermatik;212068965 said:
I don't get the whole 'two detachable controllers' speculation - I interpreted the leak as if those two detachable parts met in the middle to form one controller should you prefer (tabletop screen + one control pad vs. 'handheld' screen-in-the-middle combination)...
I can't see Nintendo designing two control schemes for their games where one format has reduced buttons...? It seems weird. If it's 2 controllers, wouldn't they be awfully small? You'd also have to sacrifice analogue sticks for D-pads, surely?

I had the same reaction as you, but Eurogamer's tweet after the article specifically clarified that it is two separate detachable controllers. I'm wondering if that's somehow not correct, but hopefully we'll know soon enough.

I had the same reaction as you, but Eurogamer's tweet after the article specifically clarified that it is two separate detachable controllers. I'm wondering if that's somehow not correct, but hopefully we'll know soon enough.

I mean, that statement technically applies to both... Hm.

I COULD see a scenario where NX does both, and the controller design is so modular that you can either connect them in the middle for a more traditional gamepad, or keep them apart for local multiplayer?

Tough gig though.

RedSwirl

Man I really hope VC is on this thing and it doesn't have to start from zero again.

Is it too much to ask to have Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Super Mario Bros. 3, Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, Earthbound, Wario Land, Super Mario RPG, Wave Race 64, Last Blade 2, and Kirby 64 on one device without having to buy these games three times?

ThaBruce

Banned

The thing about less power is that it can get you more games faster. I have been gaming since the 8 bit era and I have to tell you, it takes so long now for games to come out that there are times where I think its not worth the pretty graphics. Look at ps4....SONY has released Uncharted 4 and thats really it.....by the time other major 1st party titles come out it will already be a new era with the NEO. It shouldn't take a half generation to make a game but the reality is its only going to get worse. Zelda botw has been in development since Wii U's infancy and the system has passed away before the game has finished. Then theres FF15 and Gran Turismo 6 - I can't even say how many years these games have been in the works. If Nintendo can pump out premium games with the graphics of SMB 3D world and Mario Kart 8 in a quantity that has never been seen before on a system that may enter the market at $199......well folks I think they could potentially rise above Wii U's ashes to total greatness.

maxcriden

Übermatik;212069355 said:
I mean, that statement technically applies to both... Hm.

I COULD see a scenario where NX does both, and the controller design is so modular that you can either connect them in the middle for a more traditional gamepad, or keep them apart for local multiplayer?

Tough gig though.

I see your point, hmm. I really like that idea. That'd be pretty clever...that way you could do also analog on one side and d-pad on the other with less of an issue.

Volotaire

Übermatik;212068965 said:
I don't get the whole 'two detachable controllers' speculation - I interpreted the leak as if those two detachable parts met in the middle to form one controller should you prefer (tabletop screen + one control pad OR 'handheld' screen-in-the-middle combination)...

Basically this:

p9Ut76Jm.png

Rather than this:

YPPOwSHm.png

(Super shitty 2 min Photoshop)

On the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat, they talked about hearing similar reports to the Eurogamer leak. However, IGN's source said that the controller could attach itself together, but with a 3rd part which joined them. (IIRC)

EDIT: Clarification here

Even WSJ? That's a pretty reputable source.

Ah, I see. Thank you!
Well if you gotta include WSJ, then you have to take in consideration ALL of WSJ. Which includes the time they stated NX is a handheld and home console and will be sold together which now people are only saying the EG rumor is the only NX.

maxcriden

Man I really hope VC is on this thing and it doesn't have to start from zero again.

Is it too much to ask to have Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Super Mario Bros. 3, Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap, Earthbound, Wario Land, Super Mario RPG, Wave Race 64, Last Blade 2, and Kirby 64 on one device without having to buy these games three times?

I don't think it's too much to ask, no. I can't find the source but I'm fairly certain I remember reading in the last two years or so ago that Nintendo was building Wii U VC architecture with the plan to make it forward compatible to fold in to future systems. If that system is a hybrid, it does make sense that stuff like GBA and DS VC is on there.

Well if you gotta include WSJ, then you have to take in consideration ALL of WSJ. Which includes the time they stated NX is a handheld and home console and will be sold together which now people are only saying the EG rumor is the only NX.

I don't remember that, got a link? From what you described, NX is a handheld and console (dock) and they will be sold together. 😉

Also, it's possible that if that was reported a couple years ago, that it was the plan at that point, but may no longer be.

I see your point, hmm. I really like that idea. That'd be pretty clever...that way you could do also analog on one side and d-pad on the other with less of an issue.

On the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat, they talked about hearing similar reports to the Eurogamer leak. However, IGN's source said that the controller could attach itself together, but with a 3rd part which joined them. (IIRC)

Right, if this is the case, we're gonna have a pretty Frankenstein's monster-esque controller! I could see really see them going down the modular route for this.

maxcriden

Übermatik;212070195 said:
Right, if this is the case, we're gonna have a pretty Frankenstein's monster-esque controller! I could see really see them going down the modular route for this.

On that same note, some of us have also been speculating that different HH add-on attachable controllers could be sold in lieu of the basic ones, like for certain games or genres.

Also, the only thing that makes me slightly wary of the idea coming to fruition is that Nintendo typically likes as few extra pieces for consumers to keep track of as possible.

Lol! Yes ign and their source knew about this now after Eurogamer had to report it first? Whatever man all these websites are trying to get hits and piggybacking

ThaBruce

Banned
Well I think NX is looking promising but if you have to "put together" your controller out of multiple attachments someone needs to be fired at Nintendo immediatly. Im looking to play video games......not build lego contraptions.

MuchoMalo

Banned

A handheld sold with a dock would still match what they said to a T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom