• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Game browser coming to Halo 5 (Xbox One and PC)

NlHr81y.gif

This is one of the biggest and greatest things that could possibly happen to Halo.

Akai__

I was really confused and had to read his reaponse to my post like 10 times until I realized that he wrote "Custom Game Browser". I read it as File Browser the whole time. lol

Next step: Bring back all gametypes from previous Halo games.

de_dust2 24/7

Fuck yeah.

That map probably exists in Halo 5. Maybe even with a Breakout Gametype to mimic CS.

wwm0nkey

I was really confused and had to read his reaponse to my post like 10 times until I realized that he wrote "Custom Game Browser". I read it as File Browser the whole time. lol

Next step: Bring back all gametypes from previous Halo games.

That map probably exists in Halo 5. Maybe even with a Breakout Gametype to mimic CS.

Oh it exists alright

big fake

THIS IS GREAT!! I just moved to my dorm and only had my PC and was gonna really miss Halo 5 to unwind, now I don't have to!!

frnXxyM.gif

AWESOME Halo 5 is the best Halo in the entire franchise in terms of post launch support, thank you Frank and thank you 343 Industries keep up the good work!

P.S my $
200 in REQS was worth it :p you are welcome

Pakesaker

This legit might be the biggest news / surprise for me in a while. Really hope it's implemented well. Will greatly increase the utility that Halo 5 on PC has. Can't wait to try it out. Only other thing that I can think of that I really want related to this release would be a FOV slider.

The way Holmes is talking about it sounds like it's a browser for custom game types and not custom game servers. I'd be wary until further clarification.

Trup1aya

I can't even explain how happy this makes me. I'll finally be able to play all those crazy customs games I wanted.

It'll also be much easier to get good feedback on community made gametypes and maps.

Most importantly, "no radar" lobbies!!!

Post launch support for this game has been second to none. All hail The Req Pack

The way Holmes is talking about it sounds like it's a browser for custom game types and not custom game servers. I'd be wary until further clarification.

The content browser already does this... This sounds like it's designed to get people together.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah I'm re-reading this, too like "Hmmm." 🤔

EDIT: clarified above

I haven't kept up with Halo 5 since Reach dropped.

Holy shit. Is this actually finally happening? How does this megaton just casually get announced? Should be shouting from the rooftops about this.

There's no way they're not carrying all of this functionality over to Halo 6. It's too much time and money spent post-launch to not do so. They would be crazy to make big changes for Halo 6 and ruin compatibility with everything that Halo 5 has produced. Halo 5 is already so incredibly good (the best in the series) and Halo 6 is going to be so much better for it.

wwm0nkey

There's no way they're not carrying all of this functionality over to Halo 6. It's too much time and money spent post-launch to not do so. Halo 5 is already so incredibly good (the best in the series) and Halo 6 is going to be so much better for it.

Yeah I am in the same line of though. Halo 6 will probably just build more ontop of Halo 5's MP

iavi

H5 has done such a turn around in perception with its post launch support, I'm not suprised to see the #s going up after having been out for this long. the MP is the best in the series, easy.

singhr1

God damn 343. Not like I needed more confirmation that I should keep buying your stuff (Mythos cant come soon enough!)

RoKKeR

Oh hell yes. Going to be huge for the game.

Halo 6 launching (hopefully) out of the gate with this will be wonderful.

Manac0r

Future: So I load up Forge on my PC, I open up custom game browser and can see fellow gamers in sessions that I can join?

Right?

Top Bottom