• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Versus PS4 (Not Maxi Boost On)

Keasar

Aside from them mentioning they're looking into a worldwide release already, simplifying the title from "Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Maxi Boost On Premium Bandai Mk7 Full Armor Next Plus Edition ver. Ka GFT" to just "Gundam Versus" is a good start for a global reintroduction. Plus there's wub wub and inception horns in the trailer music. :p

But I want my Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Maxi Boost On Premium Bandai Mk7 Full Armor Next Plus Edition ver. Ka GFT, everyone knows the longer the title the more expertly tuned the game is. :(

What a time to get this news, I'm staying with my friend who got me into EXVS, I think his heart might stop when I tell him.

I just hope bamco doesn't completely miss the mark with what people want from the game and go trying to drastically change it.

That trailer looked great. Hope this really does get a global release, I had a blast with EXVS Force (my first VS game since Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam).

RRockman

Banned
This is it. This is the last kick in the pants I needed to force myself to buy a PS4. Was on the edge with The last Gaurdian, Gravity Rush 2, FF7, and Kingdom Hearts, but as Gundam is my favorite franchise it was No Gundam No buy for me.

Until today that is XDDD!!!

This is it. This is the last kick in the pants I needed to force myself to buy a PS4. Was on the edge with The last Gaurdian, Gravity Rush 2, FF7, and Kingdom Hearts, but as Gundam is my favorite franchise it was No Gundam No buy for me.

Until today that is XDDD!!!

Have you heard about our lord and savior Gundam Breaker 3? It's out now, and in english!

Should be a good way to get started.

CZ3G2B2WQAElohC.jpg:orig

Shouta

The game definitely needs LAN if we can convince them because it's really needed for folks that want to play at events. There's no problem with having it in a console only revision because a LAN mode won't eat into arcade profits, lol.

I'm hoping the amount of things you can do in the game beyond 2v2 will be pretty robust so the game can attract more folks that aren't super into PvP games. It also needs better balance than MB ON, lol. As much as I love the GP03 buffs when I was playing it over there, the rest of the cast feel like they're lagging behind the good units right now.

The game definitely needs LAN if we can convince them because it's really needed for folks that want to play at events. There's no problem with having it in a console only revision because a LAN mode won't eat into arcade profits, lol.

I'm hoping the amount of things you can do in the game beyond 2v2 will be pretty robust so the game can attract more folks that aren't super into PvP games. It also needs better balance than MB ON, lol. As much as I love the GP03 buffs when I was playing it over there, the rest of the cast feel like they're lagging behind the good units right now.

Yeah that's my biggest fear. Being a 2v2 game is already a knock against it.

Shun

I completely disagree. 2v2 is one of the things that makes EXVS shine so much and it brings a whole different dynamic of gameplay, having you learn not just player specific things like step cancels, nijisute, fuwasute, samekyan, amekyan, etc; it also forces you to learn how to take advantage of the map and positioning and learn how to flank your opponents in a tactical way.

2v2 is absolutely one of the things that made EXVS as popular as it is today and removing it effectively removes a lot of the finer gameplay experiences and skill needed to compete in the game.

They can have a 1v1 mode like in the console versions, but the competitive gameplay absolutely should be 2v2.

What it needs is balance and making the majority of suits competitive. As of the lifespan of EXVS, it has always been an upper tier of a dozen or so broken suits, 25 or so very good suits to use, and the rest are middling or not viable in a competitive setting.

You can't give say vanilla G-Self have all the options of a 3K Full Armor Unicorn, unblock able set ups, stun locks, godlike tracking, in a 2.5K.

You also can't give a unique suit like Kapool shit health and low options.

It's hella jarring to have Banshee Norn be one of the best suits in the game be dominant for multiple version patches, then become one of the worst 3k suits over the span of a single patch.

Shouta

2v2 doesn't need to go but it needs to be a compelling game outside of 2v2 for players that aren't into it.

I completely disagree. 2v2 is one of the things that makes EXVS shine so much and it brings a whole different dynamic of gameplay, having you learn not just player specific things like step cancels, nijisute, fuwasute, samekyan, amekyan, etc; it also forces you to learn how to take advantage of the map and positioning and learn how to flank your opponents in a tactical way.

2v2 is absolutely one of the things that made EXVS as popular as it is today and removing it effectively removes a lot of the finer gameplay experiences and skill needed to compete in the game.

They can have a 1v1 mode like in the console versions, but the competitive gameplay absolutely should be 2v2.

What it needs is balance and making the majority of suits competitive. As of the lifespan of EXVS, it has always been an upper tier of a dozen or so broken suits, 25 or so very good suits to use, and the rest are middling or not viable in a competitive setting.

You can't give say vanilla G-Self have all the options of a 3K Full Armor Unicorn, unblock able set ups, stun locks, godlike tracking, in a 2.5K.

You also can't give a unique suit like Kapool shit health and low options.

It's hella jarring to have Banshee Norn be one of the best suits in the game be dominant for multiple version patches, then become one of the worst 3k suits over the span of a single patch.

I wasn't saying 2v2 was a bad thing. In fact, it's one of the best things about the game. I'm saying it's harder to get people to play a game competitive on a constant basis when they have to bring a partner in, as opposed to other games that are straight 1v1.

For Japan, it's no problem, but other scenes are going to have to get used to it and I see that being a small problem.

Otherwise, if it can get its shit together with LAN and lots of content, I can see it doing very well.

Finally!

Hopefully they trim and curate the roster a little.(A LOT)

I like variety but it was overwhelming learning what all the units can do, only for the meta to really focus on a small subset of them anyways.

I'm wondering how they'll differentiate it from the arcade games. I imagine if it kept the same format as Maxi(2v2) it'd still eat into the appeal of the arcade version even if it wasn't the exact game.(and especially if it turns out better)

I like 2v2 as well but I'm not too attached to the format myself honestly. Probably because I don't have as much time invested in EXVS as others may.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Fucking finally, Scamco.

In, let me preorder this shit or whatever.

Kyoufu

g-gundam still sucks. Also any chance that this will actually be coming out to the west? Also kinda hope for an easier method of lan play compared to previous games

They localised the Vita game so sure. It's rare for a Japanese PS4 game to not be localised.

Drayco21

They localised the Vita game so sure. It's rare for a Japanese PS4 game to not be localised.

:(

Hopefully the Vita game getting localized at all and Cyber Sleuth's higher than anticipated sales mean that Bamco is going to start taking localization efforts more seriously for Gundam and Digimon games going forward.

Luigi87

*sees thread, sees gifs*
Heavy...breathing...

:(

Hopefully the Vita game getting localized at all and Cyber Sleuth's higher than anticipated sales mean that Bamco is going to start taking localization efforts more seriously for Gundam and Digimon games going forward.

At least Breaker 3 has an English Asia release.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/356/G035628/20160913074/ via gamefaqs:

The article mentions the game will be based on the 2v2 gameplay the VS series is known for while focusing on aspects of conventional console games rather than arcade games. We can probably expect a decent amount of single player/non-arcade like stuff I'm guessing, but probably not in the same vein as Force since the older Famitsu interview said the team said they couldn't live up to the expectations of core VS fans with Force's content.

There's definitely going to be a focus on online play since the VSTG team goes on and on in the previous interview about inviting friends worldwide as well and creating content that's not arcade-like, so probably more co-op story/challenge stuff aside from the core VS action. I'm guessing elements of Force battle with the capital ships and holding points might come over (which I liked a lot about Force).

Also more info should show up on the 17th when they have a "Gundam 30th anniversary" stage show.

raven777

small info from famitsu

-the game uses new engine called "NU Library" which was worked on by Julien Merceron (the person who worked on Fox engine at Konami before moving to Bandai Namco)
-the game's development is about 30% complete.

small info from famitsu

-the game uses new engine called "NU Library" which was worked on by Julien Merceron (the person who worked on Fox engine at Konami before moving to Bandai Namco)

5543432.jpg

Nu Library wa datte ja nai!

Guymelef

small info from famitsu

This is going to look wonderful.

Top Bottom