• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - Tape 2 Trailer 'Baker Family'

I will be happy if it was just the T-Virus all over again. A true return to form for the series.

We don't need any more new viruses like a Z-Virus or a Q-Virus or any of that shit. What's next - are they going to have people turning into rabbits that jump out of hats?!

Just give me people turning into things, zombies and huge, mutant monsters and we get to kill them. That's all I want - that, and an amazing atmosphere with intense, immersive audio and photorealistic graphics.

If there is one thing this game seems to have down, I'd say it is atmosphere.

Nah they're infected with something. Son complains about his arm getting cut again, and we see the abuse Baker is taking without much flinching.

I agree. The son didn't respond too insanely painfully like you would expect a normal person who has part of there arm cut.

DedValve

Banned
This shot from the trailer is breathtaking:
FluidBitesizedConure.gif

Everything else left me very lukewarm, with some scenes being outright comical.

Immediate first thought was RE5's opening in Africa. But lord is this way more visually striking and breathtaking.

I remember RE5 dropping my jaw on its sheer graphics but the opening strip of Africa wasn't one of those things. This is not only great graphically but artistically it just screams for your attention.

I love it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That guy trying to force feed the camera pissed me off lol felt like he was trying to make me eat that shit!

Looking pretty good. I don't know how the hell I'm gonna handle the VR.

Ianan

This is possibly a daft question but, are zombies in this game? Is the T-Virus still a thing? Is this a full on reboot?

This is possibly a daft question but, are zombies in this game? Is the T-Virus still a thing? Is this a full on reboot?

People are saying this has zombies, but nothing I've seen looks like the zombies I know. The "zombies" I've seen in footage so far speak human language, can break through walls, and use hand weapons. If that's a zombie, then I've been lied to all my life.

What I do know is that the developers have confirmed there are "BOWs" in the game. Who knows what that will entail.

Anung

Un Rama
People are saying this has zombies, but nothing I've seen looks like the zombies I know. The "zombies" I've seen in footage so far speak human language, can break through walls, and use hand weapons. If that's a zombie, then I've been lied to all my life.

Those aren't the Zombies. Those are the Bakers family who are probably virus infected. The game does apparently have zombies in it with
people going to this house to escape an alledged zombie outbreak
only to find something worse.

Astral Dog

Why debut the trailer at TGS?
The game doesn't even have anime like looking characters (Leon,Jill,Claire,sherry,ect)
It's in first person view mode-Don't Japan Hate this type of game play since forever?

its Resident Evil,a successful global franchise, they even have a RE bar/restaurant in Tokyo, and i think the movies are popular too.

Plus TGS is the most important gaming event for Capcom after E3. it makes too much sense to show it before release and alongside PSpro and other big Japanese games.

Jawmuncher

Still curious what's past the small section they're showing us. I feel everything we have seen is that isn't vhs. Is probably the first hour or two.

longdi

Banned
Capcom said when this game takes place?

Looking like RE, origins of T virus to me. Your main character will get infected by Bakers and the spores or virus evolved to a T. Its also trippy to play as FP zombie. Game will probably end with umbrella capturing you for experiments

Kalentan

Looking like RE, origins of T virus to me. Your main character will get infected by Bakers and the spores or virus evolved to a T. Its also trippy to play as FP zombie. Game will probably end with umbrella capturing you for experiments

This takes place after RE6 and RE:Vendetta.

Azzanadra

I like the southern gothic setting- its a genre that sadly I feel doesn't get used as much as it should in even mediums like books or movies, and I am glad a mainstream game is taking the risk.

Bring on the Faulkner!

That would be kinda cool if that were true or you roam the first mansion and the game ends being killed by either Jill or Chris. With the original brains splatter to the camera effect.

DVCY201

You what? The Progenitor Virus is the origin of the T Virus

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

It takes place after RE6 and the upcoming CG movie.

Top Bottom