• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

What has Adam Jensen done to deserve such treatment? Although, to be fair, he probably could get an augment for that...

lol, I don't know why but I've been trying to get into the lastest game for the last two weeks and its just not clicking with me. I loved the last one
and the one on OG Xbox that everyone hates

According to those tweets, Reach may also have an update coming soon.

bac4b.png

Alx

Breakout/Pong-types always miss the mark for me when you're limited to digital and analog sticks. Was there ever a paddle controller released for X360? I recall some XBLA-targeted joystick from MS that included a little knob, but maybe that was just some weird third party accessory.

Eh, I'm not too picky myself, I finished Arkanoid playing with a keyboard after all. :p
Playing such games with a mouse is the most effective (Î played a game called Popcorn with mouse support), but it's almost cheating too, there's less need for anticipating the trajectory of the ball.
I only tried the original dial control once, and it didn't go too well. But then I think it was the first time I played a video game ever. :D

Montresor

Forza Horizon 1 has been running really well, even prior to the update. But to be fair I did encounter three instances (in 15+ hours of game play) where the frame rate started going to unplayable 1fps... stopping the Recore installation fixed the issue in one instance, and a hard restarted fixed it the other two times. Aside from those instances, the game has been buttery smooth.

I love Forza Horizon 1 but I'm disappointed that Turn10/Playground have disabled Rivals. It means I can only get 68/70 achievements in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

muzzymate

could someone check nuts and bolts after the framerate patch? it was so choppy before

Sounds like it was only for the Gears of War games (and soon Halo Reach) and the system update is for games that were stutters as a result of the Summer dashboard update. Since Nuts and Bolts was struggling before that, I don't think it will apply (but would be happy if it did).

Also, good on Microsoft for going back and getting some of these early titles working better! Being some of their biggest headliners in backwards compatibility, good performance is a must.

Noticed that Forza Horizon had a title update queued to download but nothing for the Gears games yet.

Jawmuncher

Got another update for gears judgement, how recent is it? Seems performance got another boost. Oh looks like it just hit today. What perfect timing.

josh924

Banned
Am I the only one who didn't have issues with Gears 3 or Judgment? I finished the last 2 or 3 chapters of Judgment through BC, and my brother and I played more than a few hours of Horde on Gears 3 without any real issues. I tested Gears 1 for a bit back when BC was only just rolling out to preview members and I don't remember any issues there, either.

Biggzy

Well, I wasn't sure about the state of Gears 3 & Judgement pre-update, but I'm not getting any drops, FPS seems pretty stable.

I tried a bit of Gears 3 when it was brought to backwards compatibility and I can confirm that it is definitely a lot smoother and I could not detect any noticeable input lag as before.

The commitment to backwards compatibility should definitely be commended as they are doing a fantastic job.

Akoi

That's amazing news if true, how are things running everyone?

I was hoping for this since the Gears pack will be free again for gears 4 purchases and they probably wanted to fix it up before releasing them for free again.

Now DF needs to do an update.

pizzacat

Banned
Okay on my end gears 3 is running near perfection 👌🏻

Testing nuts and bolts now and next to gears 2 and judgment

Nuts and bolts still nasty on the overworld let me try a level

Level 1 and 2 were okay, I remember the overworld being worse but at this point maybe it doesn't have the update yet idk I just downloaded completely so it may have the update inside already or not?

On to judgment

Tapejara

I know XBL sales aren't really indicative of anything, but Akai Katana and Deathsmiles are both 50% off in this week's sales. Microsoft pls, I need more shmups on my XB1.

Downloading the Gears 2 update. I had tried it a couple weeks ago and the input lag, something I don't often pickup on, was rough enough I tabled my plan to reply the series on Xb1 before Gears 4.

Hoping this update makes a noticeable difference.

Gears 2 definitely feels better than before. Still get a fps drop when the helicopter breaks down the windows in the early hospital mission but the moment to moment gameplay is improved. Aiming is not a floaty mess anymore.

Wonder what the actual results will be if/when digital foundry takes another look at the games.

muzzymate

Huge improvement in Gears 3 & Judgement. Still don't understand the voodoo magic that the Microsoft engineers did to pull this off, but it continues to amaze me.

Bread

Banned

Level 1 and 2 were okay, I remember the overworld being worse but at this point maybe it doesn't have the update yet idk I just downloaded completely so it may have the update inside already or not?

On to judgment
Hmm that's a shame. N&B deserves much better.

amdb00mer

On to judgment

Judgement is the only one I need to finish. Let me know how it is running now. Need to knock it out before Gears 4.

iavi

Huge improvement in Gears 3 & Judgement. Still don't understand the voodoo magic that the Microsoft engineers did to pull this off, but it continues to amaze me.

It's utter wizardry

And one of the marquee reasons I bought an S, as a primarily PC gamer.

This will probably become my favorite gaming box period if OG Xbox games eventually make it.

Jumping from H5 multi into some Outrun Online Arcade then phantom crash is a dream I'm gonna hold on to. If Oneida can get VF I can get that damnit

josh924

Banned
I know XBL sales aren't really indicative of anything, but Akai Katana and Deathsmiles are both 50% off in this week's sales. Microsoft pls, I need more shmups on my XB1.

I'm hopeful because the rest of the games on sale are all BC, except KOF XIII and maybe one or two of the Risen games.

Edit: I guess none of the Risen games are BC.

Top Bottom