• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
anth0ny linked a translation from the other thread of what was said:

UnitedImpureAlaskajingle.gif

Plum

That picture is more vague than any mockup I've seen before. Gonna need some of the best GAF Analysts on this one.

I'm REALLY going to miss all these NX threads once Nintendo reveals the actual hardware, though I imagine we'll still get some of em until launch, but boy this is an amazing ride

For what I can work out from that text, the tablet part is a low power device and the dock/cube part is the real meat and veg? I can understand why they did that.

If the tablet itself is weak and suffers for detailed 3D gaming that would be upsetting.

Armadilo

Banned
someone commented and translated it -
W. Zhang
‏@ThinkTwinkle
@Nintex_nl @Wario64 变压器大小->size of transformer; 插头->plug(female); 性能模块->performance module; 充电头->charge plug(male)

If what he drew is true, then I think the following. So the handheld is self explanatory. But I'm guessing the cube is the SCD, allowing the games to upscale to 1080p when connected to TV.

The final shoe box looking device, I'm not sure what that is. Could be that projector patent they showed today, could be the dock for the handheld.

Is going the way I thought it was going to go. If true, this is not getting ports from xbone and regular ps4. No way I can see that is possible with lower power chip.

Yonafunu

How about we get a proper translation first? Also, I'm pretty sure there's no indication at all that this is from the same person that leaked the PS4 Slim.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'm REALLY going to miss all these NX threads once Nintendo reveals the actual hardware, though I imagine we'll still get some of em until launch, but boy this is an amazing ride

I'll miss the laughs but I wont miss the amount of speculation threads there are for NX. Too many.

Plum

This guy leaked the PS4 Slim and Pro back in July

I know that. But his drawing skills don't exactly paint a good picture of the NX. I can't decipher much from the drawing myself other than "there's three things and one is the controller"

Zekes!

Until the next Nintendo console has its impending release

The pre-release speculation of Nintendo consoles is always the most exciting part of the cycle

So a state-of-the-art standalone portable device, with a power-enhancing dock station cube thing, with ANOTHER cube thingmajig.

How is this thing not supposed to cost over $500 again?

mieumieu

I can translate the original post here (brackets are my comments.)

"NX is a console-handheld hybrid. It is detachable. It contains the console itself, performance module, and the handheld/gamepad.

The console (I think it is supposed to be a dock. I'll call it a dock from now on) contains HDD, cartridge slot and various other interfaces. It supports TV output (but no CPU/GPU).
The performance module is a portable device that provides power supply. It contains a Li-Ion battery. CPU/GPU also is contained inside. It supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and wired connections. You plug the dock inside and it becomes a PS4/Xbone like console, but you can also transfer the signals to the handheld (like Remote Play?)
There are two candidate SoC for it: Pascal SoC from nVidia or AMD R9 SoC.

The handheld part is a 6 inch 720p screen and has a low-TDP SoC, which can satisfy basic operations with lower quality graphics when the performance module is not connected. But it can also display game graphics from the performance module which can provide a console-level graphics. A bit like nVidia Shield streaming. You can bring the performance module with you portable (since it has its own battery).

Additional info: whatever the solution will be, the computing power it has falls far behind a PS4, let alone a PS4 Pro. Don't have high hopes for that. The selling point for it is high portability and hybrid providing rich gameplay possibilities.

If details don't get revealed in Oct then maybe wait for the beginning of next year. I welcome you guys to necrobump this post. Period."

Armadilo

Banned
So I think that they all connect giving it more power depending to what is connected, So maybe there is a handheld and a console part

maxcriden

This guy leaked the PS4 Slim and Pro back in July

How about we get a proper translation first? Also, I'm pretty sure there's no indication at all that this is from the same person that leaked the PS4 Slim.

It's apparently not the same guy ? I am confused.

I know that. But his drawing skills don't exactly paint a good picture of the NX. I can't decipher much from the drawing myself other than "there's three things and one is the controller"

So it's not the same person? Just the same forum?

If what he drew is true, then I think the following. So the handheld is self explanatory. But I'm guessing the cube is the SCD, allowing the games to upscale to 1080p when connected to TV.

The final shoe box looking device, I'm not sure what that is. Could be that projector patent they showed today, could be the dock for the handheld.

Is going the way I thought it was going to go. If true, this is not getting ports from xbone and regular ps4. No way I can see that is possible with lower power chip.

Are the top and bottom pics not the same device?

Alienous

"NX is a console-handheld hybrid. It is detachable. It contains the console itself, performance module, and the handheld/gamepad.

The console (I think it is supposed to be a dock. I'll call it a dock from now on) contains HDD, cartridge slot and various other interfaces. It supports TV output (but no CPU/GPU).
The performance module is a portable device that provides power supply. It contains a Li-Ion battery. CPU/GPU also is contained inside. It supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and wired connections. You plug the dock inside and it becomes a PS4/Xbone like console, but you can also transfer the signals to the handheld (like Remote Play?)

The handheld part is a 6 inch 720p screen and has a low-TDP SoC, which can satisfy basic operations with lower quality graphics when the performance module is not connected. But it can also display game graphics from the performance module which can provide a console-level graphics. A bit like nVidia Shield streaming. You can bring the performance module with you portable since it has its own battery.

Additional info: whatever the solution will be the computing power it has falls behind a PS4, let alone a PS4 Pro. Don't have high hopes for that. The selling point for it is high portability and hybrid providing rich gameplay possibilities.

If details don't get revealed in Oct then maybe wait for the beginning of next year. I welcome you guys to necrobump this post. Period."

Thanks for the translation.

So it's just a Wii U? Doesn't seem like the handheld can do much on its own - 'basic operations' and all.

Edit:

Wait, this is a console in three parts? A TV streaming device, a portable performance enhancer and a low performance handheld?

KingBroly

Banned

The handheld part is a 6 inch 720p screen and has a low-TDP SoC, which can satisfy basic operations with lower quality graphics when the performance module is not connected. But it can also display game graphics from the performance module which can provide a console-level graphics. A bit like nVidia Shield streaming. You can bring the performance module with you portable since it has its own battery.

Additional info: whatever the solution will be the computing power it has falls behind a PS4, let alone a PS4 Pro. Don't have high hopes for that. The selling point for it is high portability and hybrid providing rich gameplay possibilities.

Excellent, thank you. Put this in the OP

Schnozberry

That's a big red bullshit alarm bell. We are way past "candidate SOCs" at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom