• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate My Friend's Looks (Politely)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Can someone please describe this woman so I can objectify her in my mind?

Let me guess: Blue skin, no hair and spider eyes?

Am I close?

Aselith

Where dem girls at girls at girls at

9849_fit512.jpg

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone please describe this woman so I can objectify her in my mind?

Let me guess: Blue skin, no hair and spider eyes?

Am I close?

Have you ever seen toy story 1?

She's like that I guess

100 posts roughly equals like 80 people or so rating?

Why would I need more?

Just seems so arbitrary. Why 80? Why not 8? Why not 800?

80 is silly

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Put the pics back up why did you take it down? Or I guess don't since the whole thing is so ridiculous.

But assuming you don't think that then put them back up

Movement

Stop now new thread viewers. You missed your chance. :p

So this is a really weird request, but there's a good reason for it.

Essentially my best friend was messed with a lot growing up and has developed anxiety issues because of it.

What the hell does this mean?

One of the issues that she has developed over this time is legitimately thinking she is ugly despite being rather good looking.

I've tried talking to her about it, but the idea that she is ugly is just too deeply set in to be undone just by one person.

No. That's not how it works. at all.

So here we are!

The idea of this thread is simply to look at a few photos in an imgur album I have set up and politely rate her.

If you could rate her on a scale of 1-10 and also define what that number means to you, that would be amazing.

Again, please be polite about this. Don't nit pick and name off specific flaws with her. Just give the most basic, honest, rating you can. Please make this a positive experience and help my friend overcome something that has been an for her for such a long time.

Thank you all.

Here is the imgur album: Deleted

Edit: Yes I have permission.

Edit 2: I am going to delete the album and have a mod lock this soon. I think I have gotten enough posts to back my claim.

Edit 3: Sorry if this came off as creepy to people. I get how it could, but like I said, she and I are just friends.

Edit 4: Album deleted. Enough posts have been made. Thanks to all of those who helped. :D

The idea that you can rate somebody and this will boost their confidence and lower anxiety...this is one of the most poorly constructed and immature threads I've seen in a bit.

Duplolas

Banned

The idea that you can rate somebody and this will boost their confidence and lower anxiety...this is one of the most poorly constructed and immature threads I've seen in a bit.

I did the same thing when I was younger. For a long time I thought I was incredibly ugly. I thought people were just nice to me because there must have been something wrong with me that made them feel bad.

It helped.

You really trust the first 80 people to post on GAF? Lol. Okay

It just needed to be a random sample of people.

Crazyorloco

I don't think it's immature, but I can definitely see how this won't help much as she might fuel that notion that looks are soooo important. That might lead to self-esteem issues in the future.

You're clearly male.
Because my screen name is not crazyorloca :p

Aselith

Who wants to describe her appearance for the lowly third page-ers

She had a face with like really soft skin and her hair was like golden flax and her waist was smaller than a mans and she looked like she had boobs. I looked at some of the pixels and I suspect she wore makeup for the picture but she was most definitely a female.

Who wants to describe her appearance for the lowly third page-ers

She was like that Zooey chick (is that who I think it is), but more auburn hair and very slightly less pretty and very slightly more awkward

There. Now you can brb with your imagination. (If you're subbed to GAF gold the pics are still there)

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
I think what you did is more likely to make her feel betrayed and angry if you didn't get her permission.

I've been thinking about this recently, about people who are really convinced that they're ugly and what i could do to help them. This happens even with people who are evidently attractive. Which has made me wonder, their feelings about how attractive they are are so distinct that i don't think those feelings are about how attractive they are at all. There's a fundamental lack of self worth, a kind of pre-emptive abandonment in the face of overwhelming high standards one must face against that gives me the impression that telling them they're attractive, or made to feel attractive, does nothing to help their struggle. It just accepts and reinforces their antagonistic relationship with beauty. In the end i think it's perfectly fine to think that you're really ugly, you just gotta find a way to rework your perception of worth in such a way that whether you're ugly or not doesn't really matter. By the way your friend should keep that blue hair thing going.

KMVbjDC.gif

Is this her?

oh my GOD

Movement

I did the same thing when I was younger. For a long time I thought I was incredibly ugly. I thought people were just nice to me because there must have been something wrong with me that made them feel bad.

It helped.

It just needed to be a random sample of people.

I don't think you understand what a random sample is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom