• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis'n Blast (Arcade) announced by Raw Thrills and Nintendo. Out Jan 2017

Yes, another name change. First it was Cruis'n Adventure, then Cruis'n Red Line, now it's Cruis'n Blast.

Arcade Heroes has the details:

1PLZxiG.jpg
1ArvqXb.jpg

PR transcribed:

The Arcade is back!

Raw Thrills™ introduce Cruis'n Blast™, their first arcade exclusive release.

The legendary Cruis'n™ series of driving games debuted in the 90's with the arcade smash and N64 launch title Cruis'n USA™. Cruis'n USA thrilled the world with amazing 3D realism and casual arcade fun, setting new records for income and operator ROI. Followed by Cruis'n World™, and Cruis'n Exotica™, the Cruis'n series sold over 70,000 arcade driving machines, grossing over $8 Billion worldwide.

"With the resurging millennial arcade sense and unprecedented player demand, the time was right for a new Cruis'n game." Eugene Jarvis, Raw Thrills President and creator of the Cruis'n series, stated.

Cruis'n Blast, developed by the crack Raw Thrills studio team, takes Cruis'n into the new millennium as players zoon 200 mph through the bustle of London, blast through the exotic wonders of Madagascar, celebrate Carnival in Rio, amaze to the hi tech splendor of Singapore, and drive an earth-shaking thriller through Death Valley. Every track is packed with speed thrills, exploding scenery, and extreme special FX. In tune with the times, players race in an immersive cockpit simulator loaded with HD supercomputer graphics and immersive effects. The Thrill-D Blaster™ sound system recreates the sound of an actual race, backed by a pumping soundtrack that is a staple of the Cruis'n experience.

Key features include:

• NEW! Dramatic enclosed cockpit cabinet with fully immersive Thrill-D Blaster™ sound
  • NEW! BLAST™ turbo boost for truly insane speed!
  • Awesome supercars including Lamborghini Veneno™, Nissan GTR™, Corvette 206™, and more.
  • 43" 1080p HD LED TV
  • Mind-bending color FX from over 1000 Vibrant RGD LED's
  • State of the art GTX 750 Ti Nvidia supercomputer HD graphics
  • NEW! Link up to 8 games for massive multiplayer action

Cruis'n Blast will be available January 2017. Please contact your Raw Thrills distributor or sales(at)rawthrills(dot)com for more information.

http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/09/30/cruisn-blast-by-raw-thrills-nintendo/

What's concerning is the line saying "arcade exclusive", I sure hope that's not the case. :(

Here's the footage from a few months ago when it was known as Cruis'n Red Line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKekBTxJ5Ms

Funny thing is though it runs on Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. Not sure how that compares to NX's rumored Tegra chips.

Maxinas

Is this the NX?! Oh shit are arcades making a comeback in the west?!
and the waiting continues...

Jebusman

Banned
Not shocking that it runs a 750Ti. Most arcade boards nowadays either go midrange or cutdown versions of the high range.

Sega's current arcade platform runs on GTX 650 Tis, Taitos is like a Radeon 67xx card or something, Namco likely uses something in a similar power range.

udivision

Unless Nintendo want's to kill the arcade scene in North America, they should wait until February to talk about the NX and give this game some space.

:-\

I love the series, looks awesome! Hoping for an NX port. Maybe we should start a petition for it once the NX is actually out! I miss arcade racers ;-(

v1oz

They should be making another San Francisco Rush instead. There's never been another Arcade racer with big jumps and leap since the Rush series.

Wasn't the Wii game terrible? Same developer here.
I kinda like it. Its shallow as hell, and ugly even by the standards of first gen Wii games, but its also a competent and stripped down arcade racer. It even controls well enough using a wheel. I wouldn't rank it that highly in the history of arcade-style racers, but since its release its part of a pretty small sub-genre, and just being good was good enough for me.

I'd buy this if it ever got a home port, which it likely won't (if their Batman game won't come home, nothing else would).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
that looks like a lot of fun. unfortunately i live miles away from any place that would bother buying arcade games anymore.

still, i can't help but love anyone making cabinets these days. i hope it does well.

While the 750 Ti is... rather the cheap option to go with, it is interesting that they're highlighting the use of Nvidia hardware, given the speculation around NX.

Top Bottom