• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
reborn #1
doom patrol #2
new superman #4
American Vampire: Anthology #2

Hory shit. I just read the preview for this. Snyder deliver me this upcoming week! I think this is going to be the book to pick up for next week. 8 dollar price tag for 76pgs.(will probably be closer to 70)
5472524-0+amvampan_cv2_prfct_bnd.jpg

Hagi

Really looking forward to Tomasi's house of penance hitting trade.

Also, colouring is off here for some reason but i love this, it's shortly after Damio's intro into the bprd:

Haha I totally forgot about this. Been a while since I read some BRPD guess I should dive into the two Omni's I have.

Malyse

Read all of Deadly Class.
What the fuck.

That being said, this is the freshest take on Battle Royale I've seen in a long while.

Zombine

Banned
Terry Moore Sandman:

EUbffi0.jpg

This one is REALLY awesome because it's pretty rare.

Edit:

Erica Henderson Squirrel Girl vs Gwenpool:

Fj99VOh.jpg

Edit 2:

Joe Quinones Howard The Duck:

m4KbCpi.jpg

And finally, Elsa Charrtier Starfire:

aR2kmHQ.jpg

I had one final commission, but it wouldn't be ready until today so it's going to be shipped to me. Other stuff I got isn't as exciting: Lying Cat statue, "Take It Like A Champ" Walking Dead shirt, and the comic Kyle Outcast fig. I did well!

I loved this panel

Haha I totally forgot about this. Been a while since I read some BRPD guess I should dive into the two Omni's I have.

It's so good haha. I was debating putting in the part where he tells him to get pants in the first place, but it's Damio's face, it's too good. Every time I look at it.

It's the second omnibus I'm on right now with my reread. Everything in the titular plague of frogs story and the whole plague of frogs story that follows, God Damn. So good. Davis' art is unbelievable. I think Davis actually worked on the Initial visual concepts for the new enemies in gears of war 4.

mstevens

This is a difficult question to answer man, because Saga is so far up there in the realm of best american comics out there today. It's hard to draw comparison between other books, or anything similar. Best bet is to do what you've did, which is look at BKV's other stuff. He's working on Paper Girls right now too, and alongside Y, he has another well received book called Ex Machina. The Scott PIlgrim guy has an Image book right now too, called Snot Girl. Fiona Staples worked on Archie for a little bit but that's REALLY nothing like Saga haha and I think Saga has pretty much taken up the rest of her time the last few years.

Otherwise, have a look around at what else is being published. If it's mature different books, Image put a lot of stuff out like that, although they vary wildly in tone, genre and themes to Saga. Some of their best books right now (obviously imo) are Souther Bastards, Lazarus, Rumble, Deadly Class. Specifically Sci-Fi there's Descender, Invisible Republic, Low (although I wouldn't say any of these are particularly like Saga in tone).

In terms of just great books that have finished up their runs and are imo incredible, you could check out: Locke & Key. Sweet Tooth. Scalped.

Welcome to the wonderful world of comics. You should try Stjepan Sejics Sunstone series it has love sex lesbians bdsm friendship laughs and wonderful art. It is my favorite book and most everyone here loves it. Also check out his series Death Vigil, both series trades are published by Image. Sunstone vol 1-5 and Death Vigil vol 1

Thanks for the responses! I will definitely check those out.

Did you notice that the case she's working on is
Secret Wars related?
I knew
it was referring to something. I honest to god thought that it was a reference to that fucking story where Norman had sex with Gwen and she got pregnant and shit. What SW story is it referencing? Renew Your Vows?
Welcome to the wonderful world of comics. You should try Stjepan Sejics Sunstone series it has love sex lesbians bdsm friendship laughs and wonderful art. It is my favorite book and most everyone here loves it. Also check out his series Death Vigil, both series trades are published by Image. Sunstone vol 1-5 and Death Vigil vol 1
Never stop pimping Death Vigil.

God that book is so good. Sejic said he was starting on the second volume this month, right?

Messi

I knew
it was referring to something. I honest to god thought that it was a reference to that fucking story where Norman had sex with Gwen and she got pregnant and shit. What SW story is it referencing? Renew Your Vows?

Never stop pimping Death Vigil.

God that book is so good. Sejic said he was starting on the second volume this month, right?

It's early 2017 now. He is taking a short break after finishing Sunstone Vol 5 and then he is moving to the second arc mercy. He wants to build up a bit before coming back. Death Vigil will be just trades now.

It's early 2017 now. He is taking a short break after finishing Sunstone Vol 5 and then he is moving to the second arc mercy. He wants to build up a bit before coming back. Death Vigil will be just trades now.
I'm so down for that. Death Vigil is so gooooooooooooood

Snyder revealed a tiny bit more on his and Capullo's project next summer:
When asked about the secret project he’s been hinting at for a while now, reuniting him with Greg Capullo to which he replied:
– The project is their capstone to everything they’ve done on Batman.
– Superman plays a big role in it too.

You know, if they did a Dark Knight Returns remake instead of a JL or other books people expect, I would be fine with that.

OH dude, Lore, you are quick man hahah. Nvm, was exactly what Lore just shared :L the exact excerpt too. I still would reaaaally like to see his WW story with Capullo. Also like that he namechecked Vision & Thor as the two marvel books he wish he had wrote.

Owzers

Well, what did you not like about it?
I thought his first new 52 arc was a boring cape book, I tried b&r again later when people were loving how sentimental it was and still didn't like it.

I liked Damian better when Morrison wrote him.

Tonigh'ts the night we finally start having a conversation about Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct and Hillary Clinton's role in enabling it. I don't know how this hasn't come up before.

Messi

REALLY out of left field for him so I had to pick it up. I'm kind of grateful that Messi left me his scraps and I was able to get this. This will replace my Morpheus statue that my kitten shattered a few weeks ago.

You shit talked my sketch. You got what you deserved.

REALLY out of left field for him so I had to pick it up. I'm kind of grateful that Messi left me his scraps and I was able to get this. This will replace my Morpheus statue that my kitten shattered a few weeks ago.

Did you see morpheus will be popping up in Lucifer? Surprised no one's really mentioned it. I mean, I know it's not Gaiman but.

Zombine

Banned
Yup. If you track down the newsarama panel feed thing for the vertigo panel there was some artwork (I maybe shared it too)

That's honestly kind of awesome. Admittedly I haven't really been following the latest run. I've only read the Carey stuff.

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get a Bastion commission...the only good Overwatch character should be immortalized on paper by one of comic's greats.

That's honestly kind of awesome. Admittedly I haven't really been following the latest run. I've only read the Carey stuff.

I'm in the same boat but it's perked my ears up, ill probably jump in and have a look now. If it's any good, I'd be happy to encourage dc to play in that box more again. Especially if those gaiman curated sandman books rumours were real

Boogiepop

So I read Thors the other night, and... I really liked that. First off: Who was "Rune Thor"? Is that something I just didn't recognize from some older run? Also, this got me thinking... are there any significant characters that are a cop+superhero combo? I can only come up with some pretty low level characters that match that description off the top of my head, which seems weird since it seems like such a good match.

Boogiepop

BTW, what are the must-haves from the current Image sale on Comixology?

Edit: Already good on Sunstone, Black Science, Deadly Class, and East of West, from a cursory glance at what's on offer.

Edit: Already good on Sunstone, Black Science, Deadly Class, and East of West, from a cursory glance at what's on offer.

Just had a quick scan, but descender, southern cross and invisible republic are all books I've read that I'd recommend. I want to read drifter too, but have not yet.

And Lazarus is great, thought you'd said that haha

So I read Thors the other night, and... I really liked that. First off: Who was "Rune Thor"? Is that something I just didn't recognize from some older run? Also, this got me thinking... are there any significant characters that are a cop+superhero combo? I can only come up with some pretty low level characters that match that description off the top of my head, which seems weird since it seems like such a good match.

I think Rune Thor has to do with the Ragnarok Cycle. Also, I googled it because I have no idea. I'm not a Thor expert.

Also the only cop/superhero combo I can think of is Dick Grayson, who became an actual cop when he wasn't being Nightwing.

Owzers

I bought The Fix #4 which was probably a mistake judging from the first issue i read already and Sunstone vol 4 which is definitely a mistake but i needed something incredibly lewd to distract me during the debate.

Hagi

I'm going to buy all of Lazarus and maybe try out Black Road because of Vikings. Going to get the first issues of Glitterbomb and Snotgirl seeing as those are on sale as well. Not sure about anything else, if Rumble was on sale I'd have grabbed that.

It wasn't good. At all.

Maybe you'll like it more than I did though.

I didn't think Britannia #1 was that bad. It was an alright comic. I just didn't find it to be a very compelling read. It just kind of was.

Speaking of Rafael, I just got this at NYCC:

Amazing.

No, I feel bad he made good. He really just wanted to keep the sketch. I felt bad :/

Messi crushing dreams at NYCC.

Very kind woman as well. She's our Darwyn Cooke now and I think he would love that she's keeping the style alive.

Losing Darwyn still hurts.

You could just buy another one. The Morpheus statue hasn't gotten scarce yet, has it?

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get a Bastion commission...the only good Overwatch character should be immortalized on paper by one of comic's greats.

Did Zombeen just admit he's a trash-tier OW player?

Top Bottom