• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken Bone overstays his welcome. Uses reddit handle which sh a trail of seedy comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURGEdude

Normal guy looks at pictures of Naked Women, news at 11

I don't really get what's so bad with what he said tbh. The Trayvon shootings were legally justified based off of very stupid laws, hence why he got off. Hence why he's saying that.

Yeah he might be misinformed and a bit more clueless than one would hope. But it's pretty standard fare.

Joe

His most damaging post was his admission to committing felony insurance fraud.

Also, Ken Bone as a meme was a mutual transaction. He wanted the internet just as much as the internet wanted him.

Those are pretty damn tame by internet shitposting standards, doesn't even reach gaf level shitposting much less reddit, but of course the internet loves to tear people down.

The Beard

One is possible felony insurance fraud and the other is 1st time misdemeanor for driving without insurance. (assuming it was first offense)

Pretty sure I would not admit to that online if ever I did actually do that stuff.

Who gives a shit? Honestly?

Both of our presidential candidates have done things that are much worse.

This is a normal guy that was ironically propped up as the hero of the debate because he's a funny looking fat guy. Who gives a shit if he did something illegal once?

The examples weren't as bad as I expected considering the level of shocking(!) political news we get on a daily basis this election cycle.

Except insurance fraud...looks like JLaw wasn't the only one who should have been more careful. A fresh account would have been smart.

ZOONAMI

His most damaging post was his admission to committing felony 8insurance fraud.

Also, Ken Bone as a meme was a mutual transaction. He wanted the internet just as much as the internet wanted him.

Yep, if anything gets him fired it will be that. Hopefully he keeps his job though, but yeah why didn't he just make a new handle. So dumb.

Kusagari

If this shit is outrage worthy then I have no idea how any millennial is going to be able to run for higher office in 20 years.

Syder

HA!

I was tired of this guy 5 minutes into his 15 minutes of fame. Glad he's been exposed.
That's right, internet, don't hold random strangers aloft just because they look dorky, the guy was undecided... in this election race.

HA!

I was tired of this guy 5 minutes into his 15 minutes of fame. Glad he's been exposed.
That's right, internet, don't hold random aloft just because they look dorky, the guy was undecided... in this election race.
Also, the question he asked was fucking dumb and fuck everyone that thought it was awesome.

Damn, man..lol. You alright?

The Beard

HA!

That's right, internet, don't hold random strangers aloft just because they look dorky, the guy was undecided... in this election race.
Also, the question he asked was fucking dumb and fuck everyone that thought it was awesome.

You're sick.

I liked her butthole.

Me too, brother, me too.

megalowho

HA!

That's right, internet, don't hold random aloft just because they look dorky, the guy was undecided... in this election race.
Your glee at the internet getting to tear a random guy down is.. disheartening.

And no, he wasn't undecided after the comments that happened a couple days before the debate. You know how that town hall selection process works, right? People are polled by Gallup and a handful of folks who tell them undecided in the area get called back asking if they want to be in the audience for the debate. It's not something that comes together the Friday beforehand. Nice edit, btw.

Syder

You're sick.
How? because I don't engage in the fairly dangerous act of picking out strangers and circulating memes about them?
Your glee at the internet getting to tear a random guy down is.. disheartening.

And no, he wasn't undecided after the comments that happened a couple days before the debate. You know how that town hall selection process works, right? People are polled by Gallup and a handful of folks who tell them undecided in the area get called back asking if they want to be in the audience for the debate. It's not something that comes together the Friday beforehand. Nice edit, btw.
Nope. The exact opposite. Internet should never have built this guy up in the first place. It's dangerous as fuck and I don't like seeing it.

Okay this actually really bothers me.

I actually looked through Ken Bone's Reddit history myself out of sheer morbid curiosity, and this is an incredibly unfair interpretation of "seedy comments." I would outright call this a character assassination attempt for no real purpose. It's pure controversy for attention. The vast majority of Ken Bone's reddit postings are thoughtful, nuanced opinions on all things from energy policy, to politics, to relationships, to video games. He's no different from pretty much any solid GAF poster.

Here's a few examples, just to set the record straight.

Replying to a topic called "My ex told me I was disgusting after rape"

Nothing that happens to you can make you disgusting. You are no less valuable for having suffered at the hands of a monster.

Actions make a person disgusting. Your attacker is disgusting, as in the thought of such an awful person disgusts me.

Our words can make us disgusting. Your ex is disgusting. Blaming a victim or assigning a woman value based on how "used" she is will never be anything but disgusting.

Your value has not changed due his words, or any assault you have endured. You are still valuable.

Replying to a topic on the Stanford rape case:

This kid is horrible. That has nothing to do with money. I have no doubt that this kid would still be an asshole if he were poor.

Money doesn't commit crimes. Money doesn't make its owners commit crimes. Money keeps pieces of human garbage like this convicted rapist from facing justice.

Replying to a topic called "What is your policy of giving to homeless people"

I live in a middle class suburb in the Midwest . You wouldn't think homelessness would be do a problem here, at least not like in the city. But it is. I know about a dozen of them by name. I know where they set up camp. I know what spots the cops will let them have and which ones will get them run off or roughed up.

I've seen the hopelessness that their situation can bring. I've seen people spit on them, or walk by as if they were a piece of scenery. I've listened to their stories; everything from drugs to abusive boyfriends, from young people who made a few bad choices to elderly folks who've been forgotten by their families.

If I have a few bucks in my pocket, it's theirs. I'm not rich, but 5 dollars doesn't mean much to me. On a cold night like this it means a hell of a lot to Lisa, or Sandra, Alex, Maria, Juan-Carlos or countless others.

If you can't or won't give them money, just learn their names, show that you care, show them they matter. There are some panhandlers who might tell you to piss off. There are also a lot of hurting people who just don't want to be forgotten.

How many paychecks would you have to miss before you're one of them?

Put down your damn pitchforks people.

norm9

HA!

He wasn't technically hiding to begin with.

Crazy that people find anything worth getting worked up over in those posts.

And of course we have a slew of people in here automatically assuming anyone who is undecided in the current election is a total piece of shit. Some of you need to chill.

sohois

I actually looked through Ken Bone's Reddit history myself out of sheer morbid curiosity, and this is an incredibly unfair interpretation of "seedy comments." I would outright call this a character assassination attempt for no real purpose. It's pure controversy for attention. The vast majority of Ken Bone's reddit postings are thoughtful, nuanced opinions on all things from energy policy, to politics, to relationships, to video games. He's no different from pretty much any solid GAF poster.

Seems like the majority on this thread agree with you.

If anything your ire should.be reserved for CNN and the other rags insisting on turning this utter non story into some scandal.

Seems like the majority on this thread agree with you.

If anything your ire should.be reserved for CNN and the other rags insisting on turning this utter non story into some scandal.

You are right. Let me clarify: "Put down your damn pitchforks, media outlets."

ZOONAMI

That not felony insurance fraud btw.

It sounds like a situation where maybe he needed commercial auto insurance to be a pizza driver, which kind of sucks to begin with. I don't think all states even have that requirement. I'm sure a ton of delivery drivers don't have commercial insurance and just hope they don't get into an accident, or if they do they hope it doesn't come up that the were working and that the other driver will handle it amicably and not question whether or Not they have commercial insurance and just let the private insurance take care of it.

SURGEdude

Thank you for bringing some balance. Those are indeed above average posts and speak well of his character as a whole.

megalowho

How? because I don't engage in the fairly dangerous act of picking out strangers and circulating memes about them?Nope. The exact opposite. Internet should never have built this guy up in the first place. It's dangerous as fuck and I don't like seeing it.
You don't engage, yet you're glad he was exposed. It's in your post history!

zelas

Those are pretty damn tame by internet shitposting standards, doesn't even reach gaf level shitposting much less reddit, but of course the internet loves to tear people down.
Maybe the internet should think twice before they put people up on a pedestal. Nobody has to hate the guy, just as he doesnt deserve to be paraded around.

numble

He posted that he lied about having car insurance to get a pizza delivery job.

-There's two crimes right there he admits to.

Possible felony insurance fraud and also 1st time misdemeanor for driving without insurance.
He lied to the pizza delivery place, not the car insurance.

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

CNN really, really sucks. That's character assasination, and they should be ashamed. Ken Bone seems like a decent person to me.

Rembrandt

Banned
it's pointless to say but i'll remind people that a fair share of people on GAF shamed people for looking at those leaked pics from the fappening. we had a decent amount of threads about it and most people agreed with J Law when she made her statement concerning them. let's not pretend that admitting to looking at those pics was widely accepted here, though we can pretend we didn't look at them.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Does the media not understand that by doing this to an ordinary civilian, they are potentially putting him in a dangerous position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom