• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fuck my critics"

Bit embarrassing.

Not really.

She gets a ton of shit and very little credit for her posts, and she's one of the most accurate leakers of Nintendo news. I get her frustration, and hope her critics get to enjoy a nice serving of crow in the next 48hrs.

pUDSxE6.png

Haha very nice

Peltz

At least she's being definitive in her claims. I appreciate rumors when they make solid quantifiable claims like that.

And what happens if Emily backtracks before Friday? Close the thread and ban her rumors immediately?
I do think that would be deserving of a source-ban.

What did you ask her ?
The nature of her source on the NX news before the weekend ?

Nah, whether it would be an official Nintendo announcement or something secondhand like the Eurogamer leak. That could technically qualify as "big news."

But she is standing by an official announcement

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh maiii gaaawwwddddd

Manoko

VR is on mobile phones and it's quite good.

I've tried it, it's extremely limited.
You need a powerful machine to drive worthwhile VR in my opinion.

Nah, whether it would be an official Nintendo announcement or something secondhand like the Eurogamer leak. That could technically qualify as "big news."

But she is standing by an official announcement

Ah alright, thanks for the clarification.

I'm definitely hyped. Finally !!!

ugly

1. I dont think this is a smart idea. One thing about leakers is that if a leak happens a company may delay the announcement solely because of a correct leak. A real world example happened recently with the highly anticipated Frank Ocean album Blonde. New York Times which is credible had an inside source on the album and magazine being released and somehow the album didnt drop when they said it would. Why? Cause they spoiled the surprise. While Emily Rodgers has been wrong, she has also been right. It's obvious she has some inside sources. She may have been right but because the surprise was ruined Nintendo may delay their original plans.

Dis some MGS2 shit

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I bought a Wii U I have a right to know goddammit.

Doesn't Nintendo know RDR2 trailer is releasing tomorrow? I would figure they would want the day for themselves if they announce the NX reveal date.

To me, if this is in fact what happened during the talk, Nintendo searching for VR dev and being interested in it tends me to believe 10k's/SMD vision of what the NX is is more believable than Emily Rogers/Eurogamer.

There is no way you can achieve correct VR on Tegra X1/X2.

I'm hyped, Nintendo please, don't disappoint me with a handheld console, you already have the 3DS and it's selling quite well still.
Get back in the race.

Also, I don't see RDR2 being ported to NX if it's significantly less powerful than current gen consoles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rockstar isn't so fond of downgrading their games to do ports. Didn't see any Rockstar game on the Wii, nor Wii U.

Source for the bolded? Also, consider that if they are searching for VR devs now, how can they possibly be releasing a console with VR out of the box in March?

Really this does nothing to verify anyone's rumors. SCDs can be used for VR if they want to implement it in the future.

As for RDR2, as has been said in this thread the NX is likely not going to be significantly weaker than the XB1. I would imagine it will actually be stronger in some areas, like CPU and feature set, while somewhat weaker in overall GPU power. And don't forget Tegra chips are 2x as efficient for FP16 precision. Also, I believe it has been proven that R* was considering GTAV for Wii U, or at least had done some work on it.

That being said, I agree that it's not a likely port. It's unlikely to be technically difficult to port, but as with most third party AAA games it likely wouldn't be worth the investment due to the Nintendo audience typically not purchasing multiplats on Nintendo hardware.

Thraktor

But Xavier is not supposed to sample this year, yet alone be in production. You're onto something, and that is either a mobile Pascal part (chromebooks/notebooks), or our philosopher's stone.

It's possible that "in production" is just the author slightly misinterpreting what was said, they might simply be in the design stages.

While in theory it might make sense as a mobile part from a power consumption point of view, that would require them to tape out an entirely separate die purely for use in laptops, which obviously requires substantial R&D expense, but also prevents them from binning across both desktop and laptop SKUs, and increases their inventory risk. Alternatively, they could design a die with both GDDR5 and HBM interfaces and memory controllers on board, but that would take up a lot of die space for a entry/mid-range GPU.

I'd certainly see AMD putting out an APU with some HBM on-package as soon as it's affordable, but obviously that's a different kind of scenario.

ASIS

thank you kind sir

HY- fuck, no, I promised.

When I'm home between the wife and Civ6 it'll be okay.
The problem will be trying to not browse GAF too much at work x(

anytime :)

EDIT: regarding VR, don't forget that Nintendo said that future systems will be forwards compatible. It's entirely possible that they are working on other systems as well as the current handheld detachable controllers thing. So i'm not too bothered.

You might want to see a doctor.
Its ok. Just needed some nosespray.

But I already know I'm not sleeping tonight. I only slept four and ahalf hours last night. Hype can literally keep me up even if I'm laying still with eyes closed in my bed. So damn annoying when it disrupts my sleep.

Platy

This thread is too fast for me ... for like 20 pages I have been reading page X and then when i click to go to page X+1 which is the last .... X+2 now exists.

I just want to say that the hate that emily is recieving on the internet is totaly uncalled for. She tries to give inside info (and those ARE changed a lot) and receiveing her with such type of hate will only makes even less insiders have guts to tell stuff

>End of RDR2 trailer
>"C'mon boy, let's go"
>Rides into the distance as camera pans back
>Title appears on unfamiliar screen
>Controllers click into both sides, clearly labeled with Duo logo
>For PS4, Xbox One, PC
>And Nintendo Duo

Whether or not it is possible to do VR with NX horse power doesn't really matter much. We will not see anything VR related from Nintendo for a while. In it's current state it is too wonky and expensive. It won't have anything to do with this incarnation of NX.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'd love to be proven wrong.

What games have you played on mobile VR that have left you amazed ?
Serious question, I'm curious.

One thing I've realised about VR since owning a DK2 and now a PSVR is that often games with simpler geometry work better in VR then games that are trying to push too much detail.

I think Nintendos art style and simpler geometry would be a great fit for VR.

Manoko

Source for the bolded? Also, consider that if they are searching for VR devs now, how can they possibly be releasing a console with VR out of the box in March?

Really this does nothing to verify anyone's rumors. SCDs can be used for VR if they want to implement it in the future.

As for RDR2, as has been said in this thread the NX is likely not going to be significantly weaker than the XB1. I would imagine it will actually be stronger in some areas, like CPU and feature set, while somewhat weaker in overall GPU power. And don't forget Tegra chips are 2x as efficient for FP16 precision. Also, I believe it has been proven that R* was considering GTAV for Wii U, or at least had done some work on it.

That being said, I agree that it's not a likely port. It's unlikely to be technically difficult to port, but as with most third party AAA games it likely wouldn't be worth the investment due to the Nintendo audience typically not purchasing multiplats on Nintendo hardware.

You need 90+ fps in VR to not have a really bad experience using it.

Do you really think Tegra X1/X2 is able to push 90+fps on a AAA game at 720-1080p on two screens at once ?

That's not happening, trust me.
Just look at how beefy a computer needs to be to drive VR nowadays. Unless Nintendo is planning on incorporating foveated rendering (which I really doubt), they need very strong hardware to be meaningful in the VR scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom