• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 15th Anniversary Teaser - Halo 3: Anniversary teased?

GrizzNKev

Banned
15th anniversary is next year

10 year anniversary of Halo 3

And Scorpio comes out next year

15th anniversary is this year. Hence the event.

Next year already has a major release in the franchise: Halo Wars 2.

Halo 3 is already upgraded in the MCC. Scorpio isn't getting exclusives so I don't see how that's relevant at all.

Predictions based on zero evidence sure are compelling. Not that I wouldn't love it since Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time, but I just don't see it happening.

Halo 3 is already upgraded in the MCC. Scorpio isn't getting exclusives so I don't see how that's relevant at all.

Predictions based on zero evidence sure are compelling. Not that I wouldn't love it since Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time, but I just don't see it happening.

It's running at 60... but I wouldn't mind seeing a remaster like they did for 1 and 2.
If they want to remaster ODST too, I'd be well down for that.

Master Chief Collection relaunch - September 25th 2017.

Free graphical anniversary remaster patched into Halo 3, finally and definitively fix all the server and balance issues along with other bugs and missing features.

Upgrade digital copies to Xbox play anywhere and release a PC version and Scorpio patch.

I can dream.

An updated MCC + Halo 5 release on PC wouldn't be out of the question as a celebration. Heck, update the Xbox One version for free, while they're at it, and give it a re-release at a reduced price for those who don't own it yet.

At this point Halo 3: Anniversary is also pretty much a given next year, I honestly don't see them not doing it.

KingBroly

Banned

People keep mentioning a H3A as a thing. I don't know why, honestly; specifically because of MCC (Although that's kinda DOA right now)

If it was going to happen, I'd say put it and ODST in one package.

Halo 3 Anniversary's coming at some point. But I don't think this 15th Anniversary teaser is related.

People keep mentioning a H3A as a thing. I don't know why, honestly; specifically because of MCC (Although that's kinda DOA right now)

If it was going to happen, I'd say put it and ODST in one package.

Gamers may see H3A as redundant but to MS it will print money (if handled correctly). Beyond that, it would be a major incentive to purchase Scorpio, and for many, reason enough to finally brave the atrocious Windows 10 store.

jonno394

Hoping it's MCC being brought to PC. I'll likely be getting Halo 6 via Windows Store, so would be nice to have the rest of the series on it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
As a massive Halo fan, I have very little faith and confidence left in 343 to deliver upon any sizeable promise.

Thankfully, they haven't made any here.

Machina

Banned
Hoping it's MCC being brought to PC. I'll likely be getting Halo 6 via Windows Store, so would be nice to have the rest of the series on it.

This please. Make sure all its issues are fixed first obv but I would buy this easily

And hurry up with the Rareware collection as well

bidguy

Banned

lol

halo wars 2 is coming feb 17 and is not a major release. halo 3 anniversary was hinted at before so it will absolutely be released next year. we have had halo 1 anniversary, halo 2 anniversary, what can you deduce from that ? hardly based on zero evidence.

KingBroly

Banned
Not sure if MCC on PC is happening. I mean they struggled to get the game working on a single closed platform.

Because it was rushed out the door. They still haven't fixed a lot of issues with it, I don't think.

Maybe if it did come to PC, it'd be fixed.

bidguy

Banned
Because it was rushed out the door. They still haven't fixed a lot of issues with it, I don't think.

Maybe if it did come to PC, it'd be fixed.

multiplatform games sell the worst on pc so i doubt theyre gonna waste time on a port

edit : especially on windows 10 lol

GrizzNKev

Banned
FYI here's what they posted on their website for what's being covered in the stream:

Here’s a quick rundown of what we’ve got planned for Nov. 15:

SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY EPISODE OF THE HALO LIVESTREAM!
Tune in to Twitch.tv/Halo at approximately 3:43 p.m. PST for our special tribute to Halo. During the jam-packed show we’ll have a special walkthrough of the Halo Museum, talk Halo Wars 2 with Dan Ayoub & Max Szlagor, hear about some of the team and community’s fondest Halo memories, play Halo 5 with fans, talk HCS with Tashi & Strongside, take a look at the upcoming Halo Loot crate with James, answer your tweets and whatever else we end up doing when we inevitably stray from script. This’ll be my very first time in the co-host seat and I’m super excited to read all of your totally positive and inspiring Twitch live-chat comments!

HALO 5 “ANNIVERSARY THROWBACK” PLAYLIST
Battle on some of your favorite Halo: Combat Evolved maps re-imagined in Halo 5 thanks to Forge and a number of super talented community builders! I’ve seen Uny working on these maps and they look fantastic. I also know there’s excitement building externally and I want to manage your expectations by clarifying that this is Halo 5 gameplay on sweet Forge re-creations of classic maps with the Halo: CE pistol as the starting weapon.

FREE STUFF!
What kind of birthday party would it be without goodie bags for attendees!? I don’t want to spoil the surprise but I think you’ll dig it.

PLAY WITH 343
Throughout the day members of the 343 team will be online playing in Halo 5’s Anniversary Throwback playlist with anyone and everyone who cares to join us. Next week I’ll publish the gamertags you’ll want to watch out for (and you’ll recognize us by the official 343 emblems we’re rockin’.) We’d also love for you to join our official “Halo Club” on Xbox Live! Get more information about Clubs and the Xbox One holiday update HERE.

MEMORIES
We’d love to hear from you on social all day as you share your fondest Halo memories using #15yearsofHalo. We’ll also be sharing reflections from members of the 343 team and community in a special Tuesday edition of the weekly update on Halo Waypoint.

As always be sure to stay tuned to Twitter as we’ll be tweeting fast and furiously all throughout the day. If you need a helpful reminder, sign up for our event on Facebook to make sure you don’t miss out.

I hope you’ll join us next Tuesday - it’s shaping up to be a great day!

I'm sure if you take the first letter of each sentence and put it through a cereal box decoder it'll spell out
NO GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS
. We'd be very, very lucky if that wasn't the case.

I'm screaming internally, Halo 3 is one of my favourite games of all time. The music is enough to suggest this is Halo 3 Anniversary but it could very well be a PC port of The Master Chief Collection.

That music, gets me every time!

Reading this weeks Waypoint I highly doubt they are going to reveal H3A.

Would be amazing if they did though, lol.

Roboculus

FYI here's what they posted on their website for what's being covered in the stream:

I'm sure if you take the first letter of each sentence and put it through a cereal box decoder it'll spell out
NO GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS
. We'd be very, very lucky if that wasn't the case.

Well that settles it.

If they are actually working on a Halo 3 Anniversary, I doubt they would announce it on Twitch. That seems more like something they would save for E3.

im_dany

Please fix MCC first. I don't care if H3A is standalone, DLC for MCC/H5 or free update, just fix the issues with MCC (they've had plenty of time now). That would be good marketing, would push new players online and if H3A is DLC, it would bring a lot more money

Hesemonni

Banned
Halo 3 MCC was perfectly fine in it's SP form and I sincerely hope they aren't wasting any effort with H3 Anniversary.

Halo Reach getting the MCC treatment would be awesome though. Maybe slap a Halo 6 trailer for holiday 2017 to go with it to coincide with Scorpio launch.

hmm genuinely curious what they have up their sleeves.

I would love Halo 2 Anniversarry on PC with a proper Halo 2 Classic multiplayer reskinned like Call of Duty 4's remaster.

Moa

Are the 360 Halo games available on Xbox One? This might be what Larry was hinting at when he was down in Australia for PAX.

CE, H2, H3, ODST and H4 are available on MCC.
Reach is backwards compatible.

The only Halo game not playable on Xbox One I think is Spartan Strike.

thenexus6

MCC is dead and its not being fixed. If they are re-releasing any Halo stuff it'll be separate from MCC because that name will instantly tarnish it.

Newlove

I already played a slight upgrade of H3 this gen in the MCC. Not sure if I'd buy again unless there are big changes.

Akai__

Gimme 3A nao pls. Will also accept glorious H3 stuff in H5 multiplayer.

This is what I'm thinking. Make the Campaign seperately, but adding a coupple Halo 3 maps to Halo 5. Same thing they pulled with Halo: CEA basically.

I just don't believe that they will make a full remaster, where they split the Halo 5 MP playerbase.

This is what I'm thinking. Make the Campaign seperately, but adding a coupple Halo 3 maps to Halo 5. Same thing they pulled with Halo: CEA basically.

I just don't believe that they will make a full remaster, where they split the Halo 5 MP playerbase.

IDK, a full blown remake akin to Call of Duty 4 Remaster would be pretty incredible. A lot of people don't like the slower feeling of older Halo's, so I'm not sure it would steal that many Halo 5 players that are still playing. I could be wrong though.

AP90

Halo 3 Anniversary's coming at some point. But I don't think this 15th Anniversary teaser is related.

Gamers may see H3A as redundant but to MS it will print money (if handled correctly). Beyond that, it would be a major incentive to purchase Scorpio, and for many, reason enough to finally brave the atrocious Windows 10 store.

This. I can see this being a bundled remaster for Scorpio maybe with ODST remastered as well. Factoring in Halo Wars 2 and Halo Wars 1 remaster that will already have the play anywhere, this will satisfy the need to have halo games at release while also buying a year or two of time for the Halo 5 Successor.

Ps, halo games have always been a good way for MS/Xbox to showcase the powerif the system IMO.

Edit: Or what I said above with Halo Reach substituted in.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Op.

Absolutely not.

We continue to work on halo wars 2 and future endeavors.

There are no h3 anniversary plans at this time and the diminishing returns would make it a tricky proposition anyway.

So sorry, but no.

And the 15th anniversary video is literally a celebration of 15 years of halo and its community.

Top Bottom