• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Yeah the extra flags did nothing. Can we just throw that map out completely please?

Well they added the points in a way that the whole map is still one big fucking choke point. These guys are so dumb sometimes. Add points on the sides, make people move from the straight line. As it is now, B will still be a choke point. They just put all the points in one big straight line. Its common fucking sense.

I find the controls in Battlefront for flight pretty decent, I can actually do decent in Battlefront as a pilot
Maybe it's because I play flying games, but I don't enjoy the feeling of having such little control over the vehicle. It was like those dreams where you're trying to run but your limbs are spaghetti.

The Dude

Maybe it's because I play flying games, but I don't enjoy the feeling of having such little control over the vehicle. It was like those dreams where you're trying to run but your limbs are spaghetti.

I hear ya. Be nice if they had two types of flight controls for those who seek a deeper experience.

The Dude

Seriously, especially at their rate of patching things...if they botched up the Pro version we could be stuck with it for a while.

Man I'm gonna really be pissed if they did. I only checked it for a few mins but it was foggy on the map, was monte grappa. But I didn't get a chance to really check it out, but damn if they did wtf

5taquitos

Seriously, especially at their rate of patching things...if they botched up the Pro version we could be stuck with it for a while.
Dice's time-to-patch has gotten abysmal. It ruined Battlefront, hope they don't continue their practice of one patch every 2+ months.

Heavy tank has received a pretty big nerf against infantry. Splash damage has been toned down considerably, you have to be much more accurate now, I'm getting lots of 'hits' for shots I usually get in one. As a tank user I actually like the change, I feel a little vulnerable lol.

jeffc919

Heavy tank has received a pretty big nerf against infantry. Splash damage has been toned down considerably, you have to be much more accurate now, I'm getting lots of 'hits' for shots I usually get in one. As a tank user I actually like the change, I feel a little vulnerable lol.

As a heavy tank whore I agree that's a fair change, but was this in the patch notes or is this a stealth change?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Dice's time-to-patch has gotten abysmal. It ruined Battlefront, hope they don't continue their practice of one patch every 2+ months.

Wut? The game got 2 patches already.
Today's patch is huge and improved a bunch of things... just a month after release.

Vaga

I noticed that a lot before the patch though. It randomly happens to me, sometimes I hit the ground right next to the soldier for 60-70 dmg, other times 5 metres apart and he goes flying.

Here's a comparison:.

Before
battlefield1_20161113t2ua5.png

After
battlefield1_20161115xiufg.png

Surfinn

I don't think so, unless this happened by accident. Absolutely no mention of it in the notes.

jaaz

Need to do more testing, but the Hellrigel doesn't feel any different to me. The added recoil appears to have been very slight. The supposed slower time to overheat is also pretty much unnoticeable.

The Flash

Banned
Fired up a game of conquest to try out the patch and people in chat were saying that the game has been ruined now. Did something happen that I'm not aware of or are these people just being dramatic?

64 players needed more tickets. 40 players did not IMO.

Right, but I think 40 players suffered heavily from 3 flag sectors, because it was near impossible to hold all 3 flags in some sectors.

The capture speed should fix this, though I hate how close defenders spawn to the flag on some maps, especially Argonne C Flag

5taquitos

Looks the same to me. UI elements are exactly the same resolution in both shots.
Tbf, aren't UI elements usually rendered separately, usually at native res? So they wouldn't be affected by changes to AA or anything like that? I could be mistaken/oversimplifying.

The only saving grace is they go down as easy as shit and if you snipe the gunners it's pretty much useless.
Unless you face a pilot like me who goes straight for AA guns so the enemy team is helpless 🤓🤓

Yesterday I took out all of the AA guns and I had the Airship up for the entirety of the match. Went 60-9.

I'm playing waaaay better since the patch. I was having all kinds of lag issues before, and some rounds my k/d would be like 9/33. Every round I've played since the patch I've been 2 or 3 on the leaderboard. It's so much more fun now that I'm not dying immediately every time I run into someone. The first round I played I ended up with a score literally 3 times higher than the highest score I had achieved in like 30 rounds pre-patch.

I also just understand what they are trying to do now. There were a ton of things before that I thought were baffling design decisions, but now I see that they were just bugs, unbalanced mechanics, and things that were left half-finished.

-griffy-

Banned
Tbf, aren't UI elements usually rendered separately, usually at native res? So they wouldn't be affected by changes to AA or anything like that? I could be mistaken/oversimplifying.

In this case the UI clearly isn't rendered at 4k, you can see the aliasing on them. I assume the entire framebuffer is at the checkerboarded resolution rather than full 2160p for the UI layer, since parts of the UI actually blur out stuff behind them. In any case, the actual in-engine stuff doesn't look lower resolution either.

Marc

Mein Gott! That's a lot of changes.

Looks like they left my loadout alone, improved squad leaders and added a quit option between rounds.

I don't care what they say about you DICE, you're alright by me.

Yeah UKps4Gaf goes on at 22:00 and we can normally knock three operations out by 01:00

I think it might have to be downgraded to 2 a night if the early reports are anything to go by.

Start at 21-21:30 instead?

Was hoping some kind of incentive for Snipers to stop camping on Operations, that was annoying last night when half our side are just sitting in our home zone doing feck all.

The Dude

OK did a full match and well... I don't think the textures took a massive hit or anything, I mean I don't think I'd notice a change if nothing was said which means maybe nothing is different with textures, however maybe a little softer? I'm not sure... My projector is insane and can make a turd look like a chocolate cake, so it's hard to say.

But I will say this, there's definitely a little more choppiness, a few hiccups with frames dropping here and there. And that's just in tdm, I'll do operations shortly here but I don't know... There are definitely some snags and it's not AS smooth I don't think, least from that match.

Hellriegel is fine tho

Hari Seldon

Unlocking shit is taking FOREVER in this game. I don't know what the fuck I am doing wrong. Also those medals make no fucking sense at all and appear bugged as fuck. I can only look at them for 20 seconds while a map loads and no other time. This game seriously needs some patching, at least on PC.

Top Bottom