• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Lulu23

Was looking forward to the patch today but noticed blurrier IQ and worse performance, only to then read other people have noticed the exact same things like me (Window shutters now sort of shimmer on Amiens, Argonne performance sucks now, overall blurrier picture).

Had a blast with the game since last thursday when my Pro finally arrived, now they've taken that away from me like a lollipop from a little boy.

Man I without a shadow of a doubt, have to be the worst pilot in the history of this game. I can not get used to these controls, I'm tryin to turn with my right analog and it's rolling me. But I feel like I can barely turn even when I hold back on speed and turn using left analog . I'm so bad, wtf is wrong with me

I can't see shit on the ground, I have no idea how people lineup shots.

You can Yaw on left stick. Pretty sure you can remap in options.

As for lining up shots (I have 4 stars in bomber atm) remember your payload is going the same speed as your plane so will arrive ahead of where you drop bombs, additionally speed of plane will dictate bomb spread on on ground, slower = tighter faster= looser.

Mahonay

Banned
So what you are saying is that there will be another patch for the battlepacks? Are you sure?
No. This patch enabled it so they can just flip a switch pretty much and Battlepacks will be purchasable with money. The functionality is patched in now, they are just waiting on whatever before they make the system live. Might just be some contractual stuff they are finalizing.

The Dude

You can Yaw on left stick. Pretty sure you can remap in options.

As for lining up shots (I have 4 stars in bomber atm) remember your payload is going the same speed as your plane so will arrive ahead of where you drop bombs, additionally speed of plane will dictate bomb spread on on ground, slower = tighter faster= looser.

On the bomber, yea I actually have landed a few... I was meaning for attack planes and what not on ground units. I switched the controls and that feels better, big time. But still gonna take me some time. What sucks about the bomber is without a gunner dudes gave gotten on me so quick. That's only thing I can't stand about Battlefield, the minute I get into any ride I guarantee the whole entire enemy force focuses on me

Xater

No. This patch enabled it so they can just flip a switch pretty much and Battlepacks will be purchasable with money. The functionality is patched in now, they are just waiting on whatever before they make the system live. Might just be some contractual stuff they are finalizing.

I really don't care about buying those thing, I am curious though how they will price them.

I am with the people that think we should be able to earn some scrap other than destroying skins. That would mitigate some of the RNG of getting packs.

Lender

Horrible horrible evening of BF1. Tried to do a 64p operation for the first time in a long time on kaiserschlacht, but the whole thing was just one big meat grinder. It's not even funny.

Rest of the games were horrible as well. Constantly throwing me into teams which were already getting their asses kicked. Fun times!

Best part was this though, right at the end:

battlefield111.15.201xcu60.jpg

By the time the teams were somewhat balanced we were already like 600 points behind, and didn't manage to take a single flag. I ragequited after that round.

The Dude

Just so sad, this game launched close to perfect almost in so many ways, and then the patch seems to be messing it up for people. That's so backwards lol

Hjod

Banned
Dear god the operations buff is overkill

And my stupid loadouts are reset. Im getting incredibly frustrated.

Yeah the buff to 40 man operations were really not needed, it would have been fine with flags taking less time to capture.

That's exactly what I want out of operations, so sounds great to me! If you play with a bit of awareness and take cover constantly it's a great thrill ride, but completing one round kinda makes you feel like you might have PTSD lol.

The only thing I don't want is the maps turning out to be Operation Locker or Metro again, one choke point with people just spamming grenades. They need to keep that in mind when they make the maps, and so for the maps work fine, there need to be lots of flanking routes, not that most people use them.

I played on Argon Forrest as attacker before going to work and when we got to the last capture points the enemy team hid under the B point and of course my team decides to stay outside the capture zone, lobbing grenades and so on. But no one jumped on top of the ruin, if they did we would have won, I don't know what happens to people, it's like the game version of mob mentality. And of course I'm on PS4 so I can't tell people/the team to just go to the capture zone on top of the ruin haha.

Horrible horrible evening of BF1. Tried to do a 64p operation for the first time in a long time on kaiserschlacht, but the whole thing was just one big meat grinder. It's not even funny.

That's exactly what I want out of operations, so sounds great to me! If you play with a bit of awareness and take cover constantly it's a great thrill ride, but completing one round kinda makes you feel like you might have PTSD lol.

Venom Fox

Banned
The option was there before. The patch said they added purchasing BP.

terrible

Banned
I think DICE forgot to nerf Behemoths when they buffed attackers in 40 man Operations. The changes sound silly.

A well organized attacking team already had it pretty easy, people just haven't had enough time to get used to the tactics required. No buff needed, people just needed more experience imo.

Can't wait to hear how the UK GAF games went tonight. That'll be really telling.

Lender

I'm all for this experience as well, but this just wasn't fun. It was a constant of running torward a flag, trying to capture it, enemies throwing in nades, gas grenades and fire grenades, die, spawn and do the same again.

TheZink

Some problems with framerate in some of the maps and some other shit, we don't know because DICE is not saying anything about the Pro version.
Well that stinks. I have BF1 on my Xbox and picked it up again on the PS4p just for the upgraded. Doesn't look much better than the Xbox version now.

I'm all for this experience as well, but this just wasn't fun. It was a constant of running torward a flag, trying to capture it, enemies throwing in nades, gas grenades and fire grenades, die, spawn and do the same again.

Throw a smoke grenade (always helps with capture), or wait until a good opportunity/ team push. There's absolutely no reason to just randomly throw yourself onto a flag just to die over and over again, sounds more like user error to me, you gotta play smart, you really think just running to the objective is going to be enough?

The patch notes said COMING SOON:

I already stated as much in the Fall patch thread but please don't support this and express to EA Dice that they should choose one or the other. Microtransactions or paid DLC, the goal would be to have Microtransactions supplant the need for paid DLC that separates the player base (Similar to what Overwatch has done or the way R6S handles it) . They shouldn't get to have both (with pay for early access/delay for everyone else as well) If they can prove to us, not just the "video goes are more expensive" argument so many people love to use, but actually show that it's necessary for them to retain their profit level and garner some growth for this title and that's somehow the only way(prove it each time you want to start gouging us). Then I will look more favorably on it. But I simply don't believe it, they're more profitable (even accounting for inflation) than ever and continue to roll out more measures to exploit consumers that we should not be so passive about.

daxy

Rest of the games were horrible as well. Constantly throwing me into teams which were already getting their asses kicked. Fun times!

Best part was this though, right at the end:

battlefield111.15.201xcu60.jpg

By the time the teams were somewhat balanced we were already like 600 points behind, and didn't manage to take a single flag. I ragequited after that round.

This has been my biggest issue with the BF1: its shitty matchmaking. Half of the time I load into a game things are already so skewed in favor of one team that there's nothing to be done about it.

Xater

I changed the plane controls to "left handed"
It's more like ace combat now.
Controlling and rolling with the left stick, and acceleration with the right stick.

That's a great idea. I should do that as well. Having the acceleration for the plane on the left stick feels so unnatural.

I think DICE forgot to nerf Behemoths when they buffed attackers in 40 man Operations. The changes sound silly.

A well organized attacking team already had it pretty easy, people just haven't had enough time to get used to the tactics required. No buff needed, people just needed more experience imo.

Can't wait to hear how the UK GAF games went tonight. That'll be really telling.

yeah the blimp is simply so annoying.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any good way to take down the planes without an AA-gun? Played the Ottoman Operation earlier tonight and my team got to the fortress. A bomber on the enemy team just kept on flying around, dropping bombs.

Redders

Man Argonne Forest looks like shit now and performs so much worse. Almost wish I didn't see what it was like before the patch haha. Just finished and operations match on it.

Hjod

Banned
Is there any good way to take down the planes without an AA-gun? Played the Ottoman Operation earlier tonight and my team got to the fortress. A bomber on the enemy team just kept on flying around, dropping bombs.

No not really, I guess if the whole team focus fire on it haha, maybe then you can take it down. The Heavy Machine Guns would do the job I guess, it does plenty of damage if you hit the bomber.

The Dude

So my controls are much better now flying, but man I can't get the bomber right to save my life.. Now what happens is when I start to fade down I can't seem to pitch back upwards

So ukps4gaf just played three attacks in a Row on operation

All three were emphatic victories.

39-4 win loss ratio
Undefeated in 29

We have even now officially white washed every map attacking. I got 6 kills from my 19th service star with the model 10. In the top 50 hahaha.

Salt

Also omg since the buckshot patch the model 10 is ridiculous. I loved it before but even I can admit it's massively op now

Alucrid

Banned
i have no trouble getting into operation games but whenever i try for a conquest or domination i get stuck in a loading screen. or the loading time is more than the 5 minutes i'm willing to wait

So ukps4gaf just played three attacks in a Row on operation

All three were emphatic victories.

39-4 win loss ratio
Undefeated in 29

We have even now officially white washed every map attacking. I got 6 kills from my 19th service star with the model 10. In the top 50 hahaha.

Salt

Also omg since the buckshot patch the model 10 is ridiculous. I loved it before but even I can admit it's massively op now
That doesn't surprise me. I'd like to hear how coordinated teams manage on defense. It should be fine, but I'd like confirmation since it sucks playing with pubs.

The Beard

Well, Suez still sucks. I had a feeling they'd "fix it" by adding more flags in a straight line. Still a goddamn shitshow that'll have more blowouts than any other map.

They added the ability to quit after a match ends (lol what a wild concept) and it's broken. I quit my last match after I looked at my score, and now I've been stuck on a loading screen with no options for 5+ minutes. Real fucking Nice.

Oh, and mutiny is a fucking joke. I was the leader, and I was calling objectives like a motherfucker. Our squad was all at the top of the leaderboard. We capped an objective I set, and as I went to set the objective to defend that same flag, I was killed, and simultaneously someone requested an objective. By the time I was able to respawn they dropped me as leader. WTF?

Top Bottom