• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Falk

that puzzling face
They're used interchangeably. It's not always called Main Theme/Cloud's Theme. But yeah, we mean the same thing.

I've never really heard it referred to as Cloud's Theme to be honest. In fact the only "Cloud" moment where bits of it gets used which I can recall is Interrupted by Fireworks.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
It's never officially called Cloud's Theme, but it totally is. Just like Descendant of Shinobi and The Nightmare Begins are Yuffie's and Vincent's themes respectively. It plays during his character development scenes.

I've never really heard it referred to as Cloud's Theme to be honest. In fact the only "Cloud" moment where bits of it gets used which I can recall is Interrupted by Fireworks.

Yeah, officially Cloud doesn't have a theme like Tifa, Barret, Aerith, and most of the cast. The Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII leitmotif however, plays at several key instances in Cloud's character development(ex. him remembering his true past in throwing Sephiroth into the lifestream).

wmlk

It also gets used when Cloud's in a coma and Tifa's in the Lifestream with him.

But yeah, I see it referred to as Cloud's Theme in at least one instance in VGMDB, and it's used all over the place in YouTube.

I think it's become synonymous with his theme though, tbh.

Koozek

Yeah, that's why I was surprised too.

EDIT: Ah, saw the posts above. Hmmm. But is it official official, like, in the soundtrack's liner notes?

Yeah, that's why I was surprised too.

EDIT: Ah, saw the posts above. Hmmm. But is it official official, like, in the soundtrack's liner notes?

No. From FF wiki:

The "Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII" plays while the party travels on the overworld before the Meteor is summoned, but as the game's main theme, its motif is heard in many instances throughout the story. Its variations are the tracks "Holding My Thoughts into my Heart", which plays when the party leaves Midgar and at Mt. Corel, as well as in several towns; "Steal The Tiny Bronco!", which plays during the sequence at Rocket Town where the party acquires the Tiny Bronco; "On That Day, 5 Years Ago", which plays during the Nibelheim Incident flashback; and the airship theme, "Highwind takes to the Skies". The melody of the main theme is also included in the ending theme, "Staff Roll". Bits of the main theme melody also play in the background of "Under the Rotting Pizza", which is the theme of the Midgar Slums, and in "Who... Am I?" that plays during times Cloud questions his identity.

Many fans consider the game's main theme to also be Cloud's character theme, given that it, along with many of the theme's variations, seems to play whenever something significant relating to him happens during the story

I dunno I guess it came hot off the heels of FF6 overworld being Terra's Theme.

But the track listing for FFVI's OST had that specifically as "Terra's Theme"(ティナのテーマ). FFVII's is just called "Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII"(F.F.VIIメインテーマ).

I never heard it referred to as "Cloud's Theme".

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, that's what I meant. It was officially Terra's Theme in VI. Maybe people were just operating on that assumption.

Fbh

Downloaded this today and just gave it a try.

Honestly, I don't want to play that much. I feel like I'm missing a ton by not understanding anything that is being said (and all the text) plus I don't want to replay hours of content when the game is out.

But from the hour or so that I played I really liked it. Gameplay is fun, character interactions seem entertaining and the music is fantastic.
Having actually played it I think there is a lot of hyperbole going around about the presentation. No, it's not the best looking game this gen, but I think that overall it looks pretty nice. Hair looks bad with all the aliasing but it looks better in motion than in screenshots. It's also great to see the game delivering good framerate, it was one of my biggest concerns after the platinum demo that perfomed terribly even in small empty areas.

Hyped for the release :D

I just beat chapter 13 of Fire Emblem: Conquest and this might be one of the worst, offensively bad and just an all around pure garbage of a story coupled with atrocious levels of writing.

The main character preaches peace but legit just
walked away from innocent villagers being massacred.
In a Fire Emblem game. That shouldn't happen. Holy, what a terrible MC. And an idiot.

On the bright side, I actually don't think it's mentally possible for me to have lower expectations of FFXVs story and characters after that. Just don't be this garbage pls. -_-

17vqteZ.png

Rolling it up!

Funny enough, it uses the same constricting attack the Midgarsormr uses at the end of the new Eurogamer footage.

It also has fire based version of the Midgarsormr's poison spray attacks. I don't mind recycled animations when they go through the effort of changing aspects of the 3D model rather than purely being a pallete swap. The sewer dungeon also had the samurai enemies with fancier robes as well as straw hats and a naga type that had medusa style head-snakes.

wmlk

I think it makes sense to count Altissia as its own big region, as it's pretty much being treated like one in the game with exploration, hunts, etc.

Rookhelm

New boss in JD with a short cutscene in Sewers with new boss music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpDl5-Vp6Ts

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, so apologies if so, but from the footage I've been watching (hasn't been a ton mind you), it looks like most boss battles end up with the 3 other guys dead early on, and Noctis finishing the fight all by himself.

Is that inevitable or have the players I've been seeing just not great?

Falk

that puzzling face
They're massively underlevelled and the players generally end up spamming pots on Noctis and/or warpstrike staggers since Easy mode affords you pretty much unlimited MP from warp points.

Mailbox

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, so apologies if so, but from the footage I've been watching (hasn't been a ton mind you), it looks like most boss battles end up with the 3 other guys dead early on, and Noctis finishing the fight all by himself.

it can be hard to keep everyone alive, but the first time i fought bandersatch, it was me and prompto alone taking it down

wmlk

What Falk said, and some of these players really don't care to use their companions and just try to play like it's a character action game. You can do a lot of stuff with the three other guys, especially considering they provide three unique abilities to your disposal.

https://twitter.com/PersonaRei/status/797283346363469824

Top Bottom