• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

I guess I'll throw in some predictions:

- Crash Bandicoot 1-3 Remastered gameplay and/or trailer. Layden wore the shirt last year and announced the collection at E3 2016. PlayStation Experience is the perfect event to debut it.

- Uncharted 4 single-player DLC reveal.

- Death Stranding reveal. Shinobi has already said we'll learn its engine. Hopefully a new trailer comes with it.

- Street Fighter V Season 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 4 announcement. Whatever the Akuma tease was for will be at the keynote, since it's playable on the show floor. Personally, I think they'll showcase Street Fighter V Season 2 at the event and Marvel vs. Capcom 4 at Capcom Cup---if it even exists.

- Deep Down re-reveal. Just hope given OsirisBlack's pre-PS4 Pro announcement leak.

- Ni no Kuni II gameplay and/or trailer. Level-5 knows everyone wants to see more. Hopefully they'll return with something new for us.

- Die, Nasty Warriors! 9 Announcement - It's about time Koei Tecmo announces this. They're already way late on the series' 15th anniversary.

- Fuck it, Devil May Cry 5.

Edit: Removed Spider-Man since Insomniac said it won't be there.

Edit 2: Removed Amazing Katamari Damacy. The trademark turned out to be an Android game I didn't realize released.

I would be surprised if we didn't see Crash Remake gameplay. It seemed like they were holding off because of the Skylanders thing, and now that's out of the way

Mother Russia Bleeds "available now" with some other indies

If MvC4 is happening I'd love to see 2 show up via PS2 on PS4. Along with a 3 remaster with online. Or just make a collection for dreams

We really need a character action game soon. Souls games make a nice pseudo-action but they're more to the slow and methodical spectrum.(though I have to say that gamaninja/frogboss from the latest nioh preview look rad af)

If ain't that the truth man. I really hope Capcom announces DMC5 and it is mostly a traditional character action game. Everyone else seem to move away from the genre or at best doing some sort of hybrid action game. (I loved Nioh but it doesn't scratch the same itch as the traditional action games)

PlayStation Showcase kicks off the show on Saturday, December 3rd, starting at 10:00am Pacific Time, and will feature announcements and a sneak peek at the future of PlayStation

tumblr_n3iep7Yhc51tq4of6o1_500.gif

I guess I'll throw in some predictions:

- Crash Bandicoot 1-3 Remastered gameplay and/or trailer. Layden wore the shirt last year and announced the collection at E3 2016. PlayStation Experience is the perfect event to debut it.

- Uncharted 4 single-player DLC reveal.

- Death Stranding reveal. Shinobi has already said we'll learn its engine. Hopefully a new trailer comes with it.

- Spider-Man gameplay and/or trailer. I think its release is a lot closer than everyone expects and that Insomniac is ready to show off more footage.

- Street Fighter V Season 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 4 announcement. Whatever the Akuma tease was for will be at the keynote, since it's playable on the show floor. Personally, I think they'll showcase Street Fighter V Season 2 at the event and Marvel vs. Capcom 4 at Capcom Cup---if it even exists.

- Deep Down re-reveal. Just hope given OsirisBlack's pre-PS4 Pro announcement leak.

- Amazing Katamari Damacy announcement. I only say this because Bandai Namco announced Ace Combat 7 and Ni no Kuni II at last year's event and because trademarks and domains were registered worldwide starting in April and ending in June. It's about time it gets announced.

- Ni no Kuni II gameplay and/or trailer. Level-5 knows everyone wants to see more. Hopefully they'll return with something new for us.

- Die, Nasty Warriors! 9 Announcement - It's about time Koei Tecmo announces this. They're already way late on the series' 15th anniversary.

- Fuck it, Devil May Cry 5.

Yo I want all this to happen, work some magic!

With them saying there's limited space for the key note makes me wonder if there's less seats than last year. The hall last year was huge but them suggesting to line up as early as possible makes me want to get in line earlier than the 6am I had planned.

With them saying there's limited space for the key note makes me wonder if there's less seats than last year. The hall last year was huge but them suggesting to line up as early as possible makes me want to get in line earlier than the 6am I had planned.
Yah. I'm not sure what time to show up. I'm not doing an all night wait and it's gonna be cold.

I don't think you need to line up earlier than 5am at most. Keep in mind that's still 7 hours before doors

Obviously people will be lining up super early but I think they say that so people don't expect to stroll up 30 minutes before with no issues

Fisty

My list

-Crash Remakes get VR support

-Yakuza Kiwami localization announcement

-Yakuza 2 PS2 Classics on PS4 announcement

-MGSV Survive playable demo

-Demon's Souls Remastered by Bluepoint announcement

-RE7 VR playable

-REmake2 trailer

-more FF7 Remake footage

Mikey Jr.

A meet and greet?

Ohh man, fuck everyone whose going. I have so much shit I'd love signed.

Especially you know Kojima will be there.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Dominator

I actually have no expectations. If nothing happens I'm content, if a ton of announcements occur I'll get hyped up. Looking forward to the conference!

Mikey Jr.

I just want more on dreams that's all of I'm honest.

Here's a typical Dreams demo for you.

Dev: So here is our new game, Dreams. In Dreams, the only limit is your imagination! Let me show you.

/Dev then takes out 2 move controllers and he begins sculpting a man. He sculpts this man for 20 minutes. Half the audience is fast asleep.

Dev: In Dreams, there is no limit to gameplay. Create and play anything you want! Here is a gameplay demo I have been working for for the past 6 weeks.

/Game shows that man that he created is walking through a house. Man picks something up. Looks at it. Puts it down. Man finds large zebra. Dances with said zebra.
Man then enters mysterious door. Flash to white.

Fin

Ok, but seriously, dreams has to blow me away. The creation tools look awesome, the actual gameplay looks like dog shit. And I use the word "gameplay" very loosely. It's all been "thing walks around and does nothing".

Mikey Jr.

I just think it'll be better than the last 2 PSX shows..

That certainly is a high bar....

Lol, I don't mean to rag. Just have to set expectations on what this show is I suppose. Just hope Sony spaces this thing out a little better.

Plus maybe we don't have to waste time fucking around trying to explain what vr is and how it works.

I hope.

Can't wait for that last KH2.8 trailer from Nomura that spoils the entire 0.2 portion...

Last year had Nioh, Ni No Kuni 2, FF7R, Ratchet, Yakuza 0, Uncharted 4, Ace Combat 7 and of course Crash Bandicoot Shirt.

Not too bad IMO. Sure there was your Battleborns and Paragon closers but overall very solid event.

Lol, I don't mean to rag. Just have to set expectations on what this show is I suppose. Just hope Sony spaces this thing out a little better.
lol

I know what you mean. I do think the opportunity is there for this year to be unique given the circumstances though.

Tratorn

Ok, but seriously, dreams has to blow me away. The creation tools look awesome, the actual gameplay looks like dog shit. And I use the word "gameplay" very loosely. It's all been "thing walks around and does nothing".

Yea, because of that there sadly is almost zero hype for the game. A major problem is that movement of the chars looked abysmal most of the time.
I think the only way they can get some more excitement for the game again is if they can show a fun-looking platforming demo with responsive controls & fast movement.

Mikey Jr.

Yea, because of that there sadly is almost zero hype for the game. A major problem is that movement of the chars looked abysmal most of the time.
I think the only way they can get some more excitement for the game again is if they can show a fun-looking platforming demo with responsive controls & fast movement.

They won't.

Dreams looks like LBP 2.0

But not in a good way. Creation is amazing, gameplay is floaty crap. Or one of those games where it's "this game can be any genre!!" but they are super crappy versions of those genres.
Even just basic platforming LBP never got right.

Dunno. I don't have really high hopes. Maybe it'll be priced reasonably.

wapplew

Next dreams stage presentation need to be all gameplay no creation.
Also, about creation, they need to give us templates or "mode" picker to begin with.
Like 2D platformer mode, with UI, grid, physic, assets, all fine tune like a 2D platformer level editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom