• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

winnarps

Pretty sure they nerfed Tone by increasing the time in between 40mm shots (feels like it fires just the tiniest bit slower).

Either that or the new Burst Loader perk causes this.

Mechazawa

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage:

XFIKvg8.gif

SwolBro

Banned
Jesus, I can't believe some of you have like a 5 kd ratio, lol. I'm sittin pretty at 1.5 and I still feel like I'm pretty good. Maybe it's cause I almost exclusively play pilot v pilot? You guys are ballers.

pilot v pilot will definitely lower your k/d. attrition is most likely where you'll boost your k/d considerably. calling down a tone in the beginning of the match and just ripping everyone to pieces for a while helps.

no different in the first game. the highest k/d's were exclusive to attrition players.

RedFury

I have to say while I appreciate trying a new direction I have to say "Angle" City reminded me how freaking good R1 maps are for titan movement and combat. I want that back! Please just bring all R1 maps, especially if it takes less time than making new maps.

Pit

So I finally bit on PC, in prep of free weekend and it was cheap af. What should I do before playing? I played 1 so im familiar with the game, anything I need to do unique to 2?

J.EM1

Got into a random game of Pilots vs Pilots with that gamesager guy. Got my ass kicked. He was jumping all over the walls. Got him a few times but still, that guy has skill.

One thing I notice about this game is that lag really punishes you pretty badly. It doesn't seem like there's any additional lag compensation based system, which is a good thing.

I always make sure my ping is pretty low in games, and that often feels like it's being punished in games like Call of Duty. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is, but in Titanfall, it's the other way around, which is great.

I spent the night playing on US servers and my vs pilot KDR dropped from 3.2 to 3.0. It's just harder with lag, people killing me before I'm registering damage, very awkward, but it works the way it should, and for a lot of games (again, i.e. Call of Duty) the same can't be said. Then again I was messing around with the Wingman Elite for most of the night, but that shouldn't affect it too much since half of my regular stats come from messing around with other bits of gear and whatnot.

On a related note, they need to merge the servers into larger regions. They should use regions like EU, US East, US West, etc. It doesn't seem to make sense to lock people into such small data centres. I have the same ping to Belgium as I do to London, yet they are separate servers with split communities, that hardly makes sense. Obviously prioritise the closest server, but allow it to find games across all of those within your region.

Angel City is still pretty good, but yeah performance is dreadful on Xbox. The playlist kind of sucks though, three of the weakest game modes. And Hardpoint is just irredeemable.

Stats still needs love. Kills while ejecting, but not geese? What? Maps and game mode pages would be nice. I'm sure more is coming.

Bought the Prime Titans and some of the other stuff. Actually I got everything except for the Titan specific packs that didn't seem so exciting.

SwolBro

Banned
angel city truly does showcase glaring difference between titanfall 1 maps vs titanfall 2 maps.

there's no comparison. titanfall 2 maps are BAD.

SwolBro

Banned
LOGIC ALERT

Don't nerf a gun that promotes movement on console while keeping guns that have insane aim assist and hit boxes so people can camp rooftops picking players off.

Hemlock/G2a can stay unchanged for PC play while being reduced on console. Same goes for Volt but only the reverse. Allow guns like the Volt to proliferate while reducing the obnoxious 1-2 shot kill weapons that require NO AIM and NO MOVEMENT for console play.

I'm confused on why this is so hard to grasp.

Animator

angel city truly does showcase glaring difference between titanfall 1 maps vs titanfall 2 maps.

there's no comparison. titanfall 2 maps are BAD.

No they are not. There are a lot of amazing tf2 maps. I like most everything other than shitty crashsite. I would pay to not have that map come up in rotation ever.

SwolBro

Banned
No they are not. There are a lot of amazing tf2 maps. I like most everything other than shitty crashsite. I would pay to not have that map come up in rotation ever.

Crash and complex are two of the shittiest maps put into either Titanfall game. For titanfall 2 that leaves you with 7 maps. Out of those 7 there's 2 maybe 3 really decent maps? The rest are mediocre at best.

Funny that boomtown turned out to be one of the better maps.

LOGIC ALERT

Don't nerf a gun that promotes movement on console while keeping guns that have insane aim assist and hit boxes so people can camp rooftops picking players off.

Hemlock/G2a can stay unchanged for PC play while being reduced on console. Same goes for Volt but only the reverse. Allow guns like the Volt to proliferate while reducing the obnoxious 1-2 shot kill weapons that require NO AIM and NO MOVEMENT for console play.

I'm confused on why this is so hard to grasp.

Yep they really should follow the Overwatch route by balancing PC and console separately.

Ok is everything moving faster or is it bc I moved the fov slider

Yes high FOV will change your perception to speed making things appear faster.

Haines

Banned
They must have tuned matchmaking bc everyone playing was ripping me apart.

I changed the fov from 70 to 110 but it gave me a bit of motion sickness and made the game feel like i was going at twice the speed as normal.

Bad for you. I can do work with no problem with the exception of Crash Site.

I doubt his problem is not able to "do work." There is less vertically in tf2. Less paths for pilots and Titans for the sake of predictability.

So yes, it does show the weaknesses of the current maps. Eden and to some extent Dry Dock are the closest levels to tf1. Eden reminds me of Angel City and Dry Dock reminds me of Rise. They're almost tf1 quality but the smaller and flatter design works against them.

I really do hope they consider bringing all the maps over.

I doubt his problem is not able to "do work." There is less vertically in tf2. Less paths for pilots and Titans for the sake of predictability.

So yes, it does show the weaknesses of the current maps. Eden and to some extent Dry Dock are the closest levels to tf1. Eden reminds me of Angel City and Dry Dock reminds me of Rise. They're almost tf1 quality but the smaller and flatter design works against them.

I really do hope they consider bringing all the maps over.

Angel City is a small map. You can traverse across the whole area in like 5 seconds with precise wall running.

Top Bottom