• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PSX 2016 Trailer. It Still Looks Absolutely Amazing!

Jobbs

Banned
8tcWMY9.png

Fou-Lu

I have a friend that needs to remind every one that he thinks Horizon is just a worse Far Cry whenever there is a new trailer.

I don't get it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love a gif of the two robot cats attacking one another. One is infected from the looks of it. The animation is so damn good, its very lifelike in how it moves so similar to actual big cats in battle.

To preorder or not to preorder hmmmm. I don't buy a lot of games but there are finally games starting to release that interest me and this is certainly one of them.

Gradly

Yea the game's so beautiful and screams HDR haha and I liked the green forest area that was shown a bit, if someone can grab a screenshot

Kojima reconfirms that is was running on PS4 PRO in real time and not pre-rendered.
Also he confirms this is the Guerilla engine.
Decima is the engine of Horizon.

HStallion

Just announced on stream that the Horizon Zero Dawn engine from Guerilla Games is the tech behind Death Stranding. Herman Hulst and Mark Cerny are on stage at the panel talking about being the tech partners with Kojima.

Guerilla and Kojima Productions will work together and share work to improve each others' codes like with Sony internal studios.

Looking forward to see how next Guerilla game will look like.

Mr. Hyde

The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero, Nier Automata, and then Persona 5. Help me... my wallet. Day 1. I just bought my first PS4 (the pro model) on cyber monday.

Frozone

Looks a lot like FarCry: Primal (which I liked). Even has a similar color palette. Will play this one.

Juraash

Really excited for this game, pretty much have been since the reveal. I'll probably upgrade to the pro specifically for this game.

This new trailer was really great. The highlight for me, as silly as it may sound, was the snow areas shown off. That was new to me at least and now I'm even more excited.

eXistor

What is it about this game that just absolutely does nothing for me? I'm genuinely curious because I've seen so much and by all accounts I should love this game, but I just cannot for the life of me get excited or impressed by anything shown. Maybe I just don't like Western-style games? I honestly think that's it because TLOU2 announcement does nothing for me, but Ni No Kuni 2 looks fucking amazing to me. Last Guardian and Gravity Rush all day every day, but Horizon or Crash Bandicoot are snorefests to me.

HStallion

What is it about this game that just absolutely does nothing for me? I'm genuinely curious because I've seen so much and by all accounts I should love this game, but I just cannot for the life of me get excited or impressed by anything shown. Maybe I just don't like Western-style games? I honestly think that's it because TLOU2 announcement does nothing for me, but Ni No Kuni 2 looks fucking amazing to me. Last Guardian and Gravity Rush all day every day, but Horizon or Crash Bandicoot are snorefests to me.

You don't like open world games? Not sure what to say.

I'm surprised you feel that way, this game totally gives me Japanese gaming vibes. I mean, the sheer ludicrous nature of Robot Dinosaurs reclaiming the world from humanity is amazingly absurd (which admittedly makes the emotional conceit of the story a bit hard to buy so far so who knows).

The combat is a tad fast with rolls that have clear invincibility frames (such as Japanese TPSs like Lost Planet or Vanquish).

To me, this game feels like a Capcom game taken to crazy ambition in visual fidelity.

Hey, Ni No Kuni 2 does absolutely nothing for me. It's just horses for courses. It's not possible to like everything, even things that seem to be right. If you don't feel it don't worry about it.

That said Horizon is absolutely what I'm after. It's why I got a Pro.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I feel like i'm lucky and unlucky that i like western and japanese games equally :/

Lucky cause i get to play and enjoy way more games

Unlucky cause of what that does to my wallet and library. It would be so much easier to manage my backlog if i could just cross off a huge portion of games from my list

Galafar

Neo Member
I never thought I'd be hyped for a Gorilla game!

Even if the gameplay and story end up being shallow the huge variety in the environments and how fun they seem to traverse will make up for it.

There's a demo TV on the show floor playing gameplay and trailer loops. Frame rate looks >30 FPS. They didn't announce it beyond 30 FPS did they? Actual demos on the floor like 30 or less at times.

Edit:Nvm, TV looks like it's high motion flow nonsense.

Top Bottom