• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

saltypickles

Neo Member
1. Persona 5
2. Windjammers
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
5. Wipeout: Omega Collection
6. Ni-Oh
7. Cuphead
8. Red Dead Redemption 2

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Nier: Automata
4. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
5. Nioh
6. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Honorable Mentions:
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Yakuza: Kiwami

Honestly surprised at the number of Japanese games on my list. Never realized that until I reviewed my list. Wow!

JonnyKong

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
2. Yookee-Laylee
3. Sea of Thieves
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Cup head
6. Knights and Bikes
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. Little Nightmares
9. Snake Pass
10. Toejam and Earl Back in the groove

Nephilim

Banned
someone in here posted a pic of a game with a girl and some cards in the background. I was busy and came back to check it out and I cant find it. Must of edited? What game was that?

1. Persona 5
2. Nier: Automata
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. WipEout Omega Collection
6. Divinity: Original Sin 2
7. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War III
8. Yakuza 0
9. Routine
10. Resident Evil 7

Benchwarmers: State of Decay 2, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Prey, Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove

tusken77

fcnXt8c.png

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: A new standalone story in my favourite PlayStation series with the focus on my favourite Uncharted character is pretty much a dream come true for me, and something I thought I'd never see. The concept of her being paired with another female badass in India featuring, as hinted by the dev team, car chases with the "best driver in the business" is enough to keep even Red Dead 2 off my top spot.

tSlgz0V.png

2. Red Dead Redemption 2

LySJKdU.png

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn

o5EbBc6.png

4. WipEout: Omega Collection

769Mn6P.png

5. Yakuza 0

bXSGAcN.png

6. NieR: Automata

HSWaSpx.png

7. Nioh

TY7ePVh.png

8. Nex Machina

uCH6AF3.png

9. GT Sport

Lnq8S9H.png

10. Persona 5

Neoxon

1. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Persona 5
  4. Tekken 7
  5. Sonic Mania
  6. Project Sonic 2017
  7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  8. Injustice 2
  9. Yooka-Laylee
  10. Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Despite the horrible ending for ME3, I still really enjoyed the ME trilogy. I'll admit my bias though. I'm a Bioware fan and a fan of RPGs. Despite that, I have my worries about Andromeda. But none of those worries have enough weight to stop me from anticipating the game or having it at the #1 spot.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: I've never been into the Killzone franchise, but something about this game just demands I give it my attention. Hell, I'm not even a bow-and-arrow guy like that, but I don't even care. I must have this game lol

3. Prey: Arkane Studios made me a fan with Dishonored. Then kept my loyalty with Dishonored 2. So anticipating Prey was an easy thing to do. Especially after seeing the Game Informer coverage.

4. Red Dead Redemption 2: I loved RDR. It was such a damn fun game. Interesting story, characters, and setting. The only reason this isn't sitting at the #2 spot is cause I have serious doubts it will actually be releasing next year lol

5. Battle Chasers: Nightwar: I enjoyed the Battle Chasers comic and I loved the Darksiders franchise. So supporting this was a no-brainer. Doesn't hurt that I'm cool with classic JRPG style turn-based combat as well.

6. Nier: Automata: Seriously didn't care about Nier after all the reviews released. But something about Automata has me drooling for this. Maybe it's the Platinum Games gameplay and the look of the world and the characters. I can't quite put my finger on it. But dat combat tho!

7. Vampyr: Dontnod has become a dev I trust in. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed Remember Me. It has its flaws. But with the interesting story, no flaw was bad enough to make me want to stop playing the game. Then Dontnod released Life Is Strange, which I really enjoyed. So at this point, it wouldn't make sense for me to sleep on this dev now. Especially after seeing and reading what they are trying to do with Vampyr.

8. What Remains of Edith Finch: I enjoyed Giant Sparrow's last work, The Unfinished Swan. It was a surprisingly delightful game that I didn't have on my radar at all. So hearing that they were working on something new certainly peaked my interest. Edith Finch seems like it's going to be dark, mysterious, and strange. So I'm in.

1- Persona 5
2- Nier automata
3 - Zelda breath of the wild
4- Danganronpa V3
5- Yakuza 0
6- Red dead Redemption 2
7- Yakuza kiwami
8-Nioh
9-Horizon zero dawn
10- Resident evil 7

1. Persona 5: Pretty much my most anticipated game this gen so far besides Bloodborne

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: I'm really over giant, open world games (idk if huge open world is actually confirmed here just assuming), but this game still looks so dang good. The world seems so interesting.

3. Mass Effect Andromeda: Tali is bae. There better be some freaking Quarians in this game.

4. South Park The Fractured But Whole: stick of truth was too good to even think about skipping this one

5. Pyre: how can you not be excited by this developer?

6. Below: anything that reminds me of SoulsBorne even a little gets me hyped. Also, some places say 2017 and some just unknown. Sorry if this one doesn't count.

6. Halo Wars 2

7. Danganronpa 3: Kuma cubs hype

8. Yooka-Laylee

9. Nioh

10. Ni No Kuni 2

1. Nier Automata : The original game had a great story, with a unique cast of characters, good art design, and arguably the best OST the industry has seen. In comes Platinum game to add high quality combat and graphics to that, this has the potential to be a very special game.

2. Gravity Rush 2 : I love games where simply navigating the map is fun, and Gravity Rush is the best at that, it also has a great art style, music, and atmosphere to go along with it. This time instead of being limited by a handheld, its being built from the ground up for the PS4.

3. Persona 5 : I love JRPGs and Atlus is one of the best at it, love everything ive seen so far and everyone whos played it says its great.

4. The Legend of Zelda Breathe of the Wild : Its Zelda.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn : New IP with incredible tech powering it and an impressive premise, we've seen flashes of brilliance from Guerilla and im excited to see what they can do outside of Killzone.

6. Red Dead Redemption 2 : More Red Dead, bring it.

7. Ni No Kuni 2 : I love JRPGs, i absolutely love the art style and i platinum'd the first game.

8. Nioh : More Souls, will be interesting to see if Team Ninja can match From Software

9. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice : I like Ninja Theory alot and look forward to anything they work on, games premise and art style are very interesting

10. Yooka-Laylee : If this is anywhere near as good as Banjo Kazooie i will be extremely happy

bigol

1. Persona 5
2. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
3. Ni Oh
4. Resident Evil VII
5. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
6. Nier Automata
7. Cosmic Star Heroine
8. Yooka Laylee
9. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
10. Gravity Rush 2

1. Gravity Daze 2
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Ni No Kuni 2
4. Outcast Second Contact
5. Read Dead Revolver
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Uncharted Lost Legacy
8. Nier Automata
9. Hellblade
10. Knack 2

1. Yakuza 0: Kamurocho in the 80s looks amazing. Finding out which stores and buildings that were already there in the 80s would be fun. Plus, you can play as Majima!!

2. Persona 5: I love Persona 3 and 4. Impressions have also been overall positive on the japanese release.

3. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: The trailer shown on PSX looks incredible. This game Would have been first if we have gotten a date instead of a vague 2017, which is usually prone to get delayed.

4. Gravity Rush 2: The gravity queen is back. It seems to be an improvement on the first title. There are two new styles to change up the gameplay a bit, and the graphic is now more colorful.

5. NieR Automata: love Yoko Taro, not so much Platinum.

6. Horizon: Zero Dawn: The game always looks amazing whenever demoed. But I still have some doubts over GG delivering a good RPG. Fingers crossed.

7. Ni-Oh: Samurai dark soul.

8. Yakuza Kiwami: The first Yakuza being remade on PS4? Yes, I'm in.

9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: love the first game, just need to catch up to current season first.

10. Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age Remastered: never played it, but GAF seems to love the game. So.... happy that I would be able to play it on a current gen system rather than resorting to emulator.

2017 is insane.

1. Ni No Kuni 2
2. South Park: Fractured But Whole
3. Horizon
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Persona 5
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Nier: Automata
8. Ni Oh

Stall19

1. Persona 5- Hey my PS3 still has some life after all. Never played a Persona game but this looks fantastic.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda- I loved the other Mass Effect games and look forward to getting back to this universe.

3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd- Finished the second chapter just last week so I'm a little burned out but I'll probably be more than ready by the time this comes out.

4. Tekken 7- I was great at Tekken 3 when I was a kid so I'm eager to get back into the series.

5. Sonic Mania. It's like the Sega Genesis is still alive and kicking.

Mostly I'm hoping for more Overwatch and Hitman content in 2017

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Love the setting and Rockstar is world class with open world design. Longest period of time spent in an open world before I started to fast travel, I loved just riding around.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn : Big fan of Guerrilla and I'm excited to play something from them that isn't Killzone.
3. Mass Effect Andromeda : Never played a Mass Effect, but I'm on the hype train right now.
4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands : Old SOCOM fan, love co-op. It will scratch both itches.
5. Prey : This would probably be at the end of my list if my ineligibles were fair game. I'm not super excited, but I'm willing to give it a go.

If it counts:
6. Hitman Season 2 : I'm loving what I'm playing so far with Hitman S1, wish I had jumped into it when it launched, but I wasn't convinced they could execute the episodic release schedule.

Ineligible:
Destiny 2 : The most time I've spent with a franchise since SOCOM. Can't wait to see the evolution of the franchise after 2 years of feedback.
God of War: Big fan of the franchise and the series that broke me from my long streak of nothing but SOCOM as God of War 2.
Assassin's Creed Empire: The rumors and leaks have me cautiously optimistic in where Ubisoft takes the franchies.

RexNovis

Banned
1. Nioh - The Alpha and the Beta completely sold me on this game. I preordered the moment it became available making it the second game I've preordered this gen. That's how much the beta spoke to me. With them revealing new weapons and abilities in live streams my excitement has gone nowhere but up for this.

2. Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite - Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is one of my top three games of all time and my absolute favorite Arcade game so there was no way a new entry in the series wasn't going to rocket to the top of my most anticipated release. The only reason it's not number one is because I'm not sold on the new graphical style and because the idea of buying the X-men as DLC is damn near sacrilege imo. But I'll still be there dat one for one of my favorite gaming franchises.

3. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - The first Ni No Kuni was one of my top 5 favorite games on PS3 and the second looks to be mix up the sometimes frustrating combat in the original game which imo was the only blemish on the otherwise incredible game. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the protagonist having cat ears though... *sigh*

4. Persona 5 - Just release the damn thing already. Seriously.

5. Yooka-Laylee

6. Kingdom Hearts 2.8

7. Nier: Automata

8. Vampyr

9. Mass Effect: Andromeda

10. Eitr

Aizo

Banned
1. Kingdom Hearts 2.8: I told myself that I wouldn't buy a PS4 until a Kingdom Hearts released or I was overwhelmed with games I wanted too much, despite there being great games that I wanted already. A new story with Aqua is the main push. A bit disappointing that it's still not 3, but I am so excited for a new KH on a modern home console. I'll be buying a PS4 next month because of this game.

2. NieR Automata: this is the other game that would push me to buy a PS4. I loved NieR, think Yoko Taro is a wild man that delivers unique game experiences, and I just adore Platinum games. It's such a surreal combination. I just can't wait.

3. Zelda Breath of the Wild: The world looks so fun to explore. I can really see myself getting lost just exploring for hours, which a game hasn't done to me in years.

4. Ace Combat 7: One of my closest friends loves Ace Combat, so he and I played the last two games together. It looks incredible, and I can't wait to switch off with my friend trying it out.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn: I rarely get excited for contemporary AAA western games with a shooting focus, but this game does look incredible.

6. Mass Effect Andromeda: I was ready to be disinterested, but then they showed all the changes to combat. I really wish it wasn't all about being a human again, because that's not a unique sci-fi narrative, but I'm sure it will be very fun.

7. Red Dead Redemption 2: I like red dead a lot more than GTA, but I hope the narrative is a bit more fresh and polished this time around. The ending was amazing in the last one, but I often found myself not enthralled with most of the other events.

8. Cosmic Star Heroine: When the hell does this come out!? Does a 2016 release date count for this thread? The game looks so polished and cool.

9. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age: excited to see enhancements. Love the original.

10. Cuphead: Totally my kind of game.

There are a number of games I'm really excited to play, but they're out in Japan, or they come out before the end of this month. I could pick them up whenever, but I'm just not ready: Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Yakuza 6

Did More_Badass post yet? Tell me when she or he does. I wanna see that list.

8. Cosmic Star Heroine: When the hell does this come out!? Does a 2016 release date count for this thread? The game looks so polished and cool.

Early next year. When we have an official date, we'll post in the CSH thread. And sorry for missing the previous deadlines.

Also, I'm rather pleased that we already have more votes & points this year than we did last year. Gives me hope that we're going to have a successful launch. :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1.) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2.) Scalebound
3.) Red Dead Redemption 2
4.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
5.) Crackdown 3

Crackdown 3 should be higher on the list but it's been quiet for some time on that front. No way it misses 2017 though

jbug617

Banned
1. Red Dead Redemption 2: My favorite single player game from last generation is getting a sequel
2. Tekken 7: Since the Akuma reveal I was excited to get my hands on the game
3. Crackdown: They rushed out a sequel on the 360 so I want to see how the formula takes a leap on more powerful hardware.
4. Persona 5: I am not a RPG guy but I want to play it because of the style.
5. Scalebound: I still think this game is going to be alright in the end. This is Kamiya's game.
6. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: Excited to play it but I want to see real gameplay.

mshlive

1. Red Dead Redemption 2.

Doesn't really need any explanation, I have no doubt that this will be phenomenal and 2017's GOTY.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda.

Looking absolutely fantastic and its been such a long time coming, I really hope that it doesn't disappoint.

I'm struggling beyond these two, there's a couple of 'meh' games out there such as Ghost Recon, Horizon, Crash Trilogy and FFXII Remaster but not much I would say I'm really 'anticipating'.

There seems to be a big gap in the FPS space unless I'm missing something? I know this year was a bit saturated but I'm currently struggling to see what's next after Overwatch for myself and my friends..

Lemme pull up my Amazon preorder list lol.

1. Persona 5: I've heard nothing but praise for this game, increasing my already monumental excitement. I love Persona and this looks to be the greatest one yet.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Still looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
3. Nioh: Played the alpha and beta longer than most games this year. The combat is the tightest I've ever played.
4. Nier Automata: Not a fan of Platinum but the game looks awesome. Have also heard great things about the first Nier. Also them thighs.
5. Mass Effect Andromeda: Love the Mass Effect trilogy and didn't hate the ending of 3. HE WAS BEING INDOCTRINATED, IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!
6. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom: Game just looks so jolly. Enjoyed the first one too.
7. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: I want that taste of KH3.
8. Danganronpa V3: More Danganronpa. 'Nough said.
9. Tales of Berseria: Apparently better than Zesteria, so I'm looking forward to it. Too bad censorship shenanigans are decreasing my excitement.
10. Knack 2: I'm unironically interested in this game after watching the trailer and reading impressions. Never played the first game.

Honourable mention to Gravity Rush 2, which I forgot was coming next year lol.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I watched footage of this game for hours during E3 without getting tired of it. And the recent trailer only served to build up my anticipation even more. Cannot wait for this to come out.
2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd : The highly-detailed world, story, and characters has made the Trails series into one of my favorite RPG series.
3. Persona 5 : For the fourth, and hopefully final, time. The impressions from people who played the Japanese version have helped solidify this as one of my most anticipated games.
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Tales of Berseria : My enthusiasm for Tales has been waning over the years, but this one has been getting some pretty good impressions... and I can't really think of anything else to put here anyway.

Auctopus

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn - I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope Guerilla can prove themselves and make a game that isn't just eye-candy. A lore-heavy, post-future Action RPG could easily be my favourite game of next year.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2 - It's R* Games first proper next-gen title. That's all you need to know, really.

3. Gravity Rush 2 - Played the first Gravity Rush for the first time this year on PS4. Completely unique with a great art style. I played a demo at Gamescom and it's built on the first game in so many great ways.

4. Uncharted: Lost Legacy - UC4 is my GOTY and a game lead by Chloe and Nadine in a war-torn city sounds great.

5. KH 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix - Two of my favourite games on PS2 made in to a 1080/60 collection including the entries I could never be bothered to buy separate consoles to play.

6. Night In The Woods - I played the demo "Lost Constellation" a year ago and it was beautiful with solid writing. I've been waiting quite a while for this game to finally be finished.

7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands - GRAW2 is one of my favourite games ever, if they can capture even a slither of that game in an open-world, I'll be happy.

8. Persona 5 - I've never played a Persona game but from everything I've seen, I think they would be up my street. This game will be my first foray in to the series.

StoveOven

Banned
Making cuts for this list was tough, but I've managed to get it down to ten games.

85j7Aby.png

1. Persona 5: 4th times the charm. What is there to say really. Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time largely because of the characters, and Persona 5 seems to keep that game's spirit while also going in a new direction. Add to that the much improved dungeons and the positive impressions from Japan, and I don't think I've ever been more confident in a game's quality

2. NieR: Automata: I've never played the original Nier, but everything about this sequel has drawn me in. The Platinum action, the bullet-hell, the art style, and the bizarre world all have so much promise, and I hope they can come together to create a truly special game.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: This entry is me being excited for the Switch just as much as it's me being excited for Zelda. I almost picked up a Wii U multiple times, but I'll be grabbing the Switch on day one. But that doesn't mean the game itself doesn't look great. A fantastic art style and a sense of exploration are exciting, but I'm honestly most excited to see how Nintendo decides to make an open-world game.

4. Gravity Rush 2: I played Gravity Rush Remastered when it came out earlier this year and had a lot of fun with it. The world is cool, Kat is a fun character, and the game is fun to play too. The added combat options and more fully realized environments to fly around in are all I really need from a sequel.

5. Nex Machina: Housemarque and Eugene Jarvis is a dream combination. I knew from the second the collaboration was announced that whatever they made would be a home run from a gameplay perspective. Seeing the reveal trailer and the cool style it had was just a nice bonus.

6. Pyre: I love the work that Supergiant did with Bastion and Transistor. Pyre seems to retain the strong art and musical style of those games without looking like a retread. Them referring to it as a party-based RPG also gives me hope that it might be a bit more substantial than those games were. I'm not sure I understand the sport/combat part of the game yet, but it sounds unique and these guys have earned the benefit of the doubt.

7. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: I've always wanted to play the first Ni No Kuni, but for one reason or another I've never gotten around to it. I hope to rectify that some time this year, but even if I don't I'm super excited for this sequel. The art design is obviously there, and the game just has a general warmth to it. We haven't seen a ton of gameplay yet, but it looks promising so far.

8. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This game was #2 on my list last year, so it's fallen quite a bit. That might just be because of the delay, but there are also things like the potential for it to just be a Ubisoftesque open-world game that concern me. That being said, even if it is that it can still be a great game. The world in conceptually awesome, and the gameplay looks like a lot of fun.

9. Cosmic Star Heroine: The only thing left that I need to know about this game is when it's coming out. The influences for this game are clear, but it doesn't look derivative of any of them. It almost reminds me of Shovel Knight in that way. I like the game's style, and I hope it comes together well.

10. Yakuza 0: I've never played a Yakuza, but this looks like a great place to jump in. An over-the-top, absolutely absurd J-Drama meets open-world brawler sounds like exactly what i need in my life, and I want to thank all of the Gaffers who have been advocating for this series that have brought it to my attention.

Zhao_Yun

1. Persona 5 : This is already the 3rd time that this game tops my Most Wanted list and although the new delay was a huge bummer, I am still beyond excited for this game. The impression from Japan have been more than just positive and I am convinced that this game will be able to deliver. Since we will get Dual-Audio in the West now, I don't even know what could go wrong with this game.

2. Nier Automata : With every showing I am getting more convinced that this Yoko Taro x Platinum collaboration is actually the game that we all have hoped for when it was announced at E3 2015. The combat looks incredibly tight and satisfying and while we don't know much about the story yet (fortunately), I am sure that it will be a wild ride once again. The music seems on point as well and I can' t wait to get my hands on this.

3. The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky 3rd : I played 4 Trails games this year and I cannot say that I have enough. This series is absolutely brilliant and I am excited that Xseed is actually localizing the 3rd chapter in the Liberl Arc. I don't like to play on the PC, but for this game (and to support possible future localizations) I am more than willing to make an exception.

4. Nioh : I don't think I have ever spent so much time on an Alpha/Beta of a game as with this game and I dare to say that both of them put some finished games to shame. Yes, the similarities to Souls games are obvious, but the game nevertheless manages to establish its own identity and it has a very cool setting on top of it. I feel like this could be the biggest Koei Tecmo game in a long time!

5. Tales of Berseria : When this game was announced I felt that I was almost done with the franchise. After Tales of Graces f the series lost a lot of steam and after the disappointing Xillia 2 and Zestiria, I decided to skip the next one. I was really surprised about the positive import impressions though and after playing the demo I am slightly optimistic that this game could be a winner once again.

6. Tokyo Xanadu : You can never have enough Falcom on these lists, so this game definitely had to be in mine. Tokyo Xanadu looks like Falcom's attempt to bring their Ys and Kiseki franchises together and to add a touch of Persona to it. All I know is that I want it and I am glad that Aksys took it up.

7. Horizon - Zero Dawn : Except for The Last of Us Part II this is probably my most wanted Sony first-party game at the moment. The game looks amazing and even the gameplay looked great in the footage we've seen up to this point. I really hope that the game doesn't become one of many UbiSoft-like Open World games of the past.

8. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild : It's Zelda and it looks great. I am not a huge Zelda Fan, but I don't doubt for a second that Nintendo will be able to deliver a great game and the things I saw during E3 looked more than just promising.

9. Yakuza 0 : I only started getting into the Yakuza franchise this year and I love it. With Yakuza 0, the series finally makes its jump to the PS4 and I can't wait to explore Japan in the 80's with Majima!

10. Cosmic Star Heroine : Probably my most wanted Indie game at this point. The game looks great and you just have to love all the effort that the devs are putting into the Vita port. I hope it doesn't get overshadowed by all the games in Q1!

Nochii

Neo Member
This is hard, but my picks would be:

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda breath of the wild
3. FF XII remaster
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Ni no Kuni 2
7. Crash Nsane Trilogy

Alright here it goes:

01: Persona 5
02: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
03. Nier: Automata
04. Horizon Zero Dawn
05. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
06. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
07. Tekken 7
08. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
09. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
10. Dragon Quest Heroes II

wiibomb

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild.

I have played almost all mainline zeldas, except for ones here and there like Zelda 2, I have never considered myself a fan of the series, and I still don't, yet I'm insanely hyped by this title, not because it is zelda, but because of the many possibilities this game offers, how it has changed its own formula to make insane things from cutting a tree to pass all sorts of obstacles, to even use your shield to descend a hill, to even cook with whatever you find on hyrule. This time, experimenting brings a wild aspect to zelda and I'm hyped about it.

2. Persona 5.

This game has style, lots of it, it is pouring style from every bit in the program, from menus to the scenes to the combat, besides that big point, this games threatens to finally touch darker sides of the persona conflicts, a more serius approach to how we as a race live in this world... and c'mon the music themes are insanely good.

3. Resident Evil 7.

This game has the potential to turn the whole Resident Evil saga, and Capcom along with it, upside down, making this game is proof of Capcom's faith in what the fanbase has been asking, this has been also a very interesting game from how they are developing the mechanics as well as how they have changed what a normal RE has been for the past 10 years, and I have faith they will pull this off well.

megalowho

1. Persona 5 : I am fairly confident this will be the last time Persona 5 tops my most anticipated list
2. DJMAX Respect : DJMAX comes to PS4 with the promise of eventually being the definitive, all-encompassing release the series deserves. Hype
3. Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove : I just really want a good modernized TJ&E. Development is coming along nicely and the soundtrack alone will be worth it
4. Unavowed : The next in-house adventure game from Wadjet Eye, and the first original IP from Dave Gilbert since The Blackwell Legacy
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : When can I buy a Switch and when can I play this game
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Have some reservations but it's a new Mass Effect, of course I'll play this
7. Horizon Zero Dawn : Still looks as promising as it did during the initial reveal
8. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Don't know enough about it yet to care but it's anticipated alright
9. Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! : Can't wait to get my CSD2 on
10. Nier Automata : Excited to see what Platinum can do with the IP.

Originally had For Honor on the list but the always online bait and switch makes it a hold for now.

Time to represent the adventure game crowd with my list of upcoming games barely anyone on this site is excited for:
Nice list! There's a few in here I need to read up on.

tav7623

1. Tekken 7
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5. Sonic Mania
6. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
7. Friday the 13th: The Game
8. Injustice 2
9. Shenmue 3
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

molnizzle

1. Persona 5
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Tekken 7
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
8. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
9. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
10. Injustice 2

AlucardGV

Banned
1 Persona 5: big fan of persona franchise, played all of them
2 Nier Automata: love Yoko Taro crazy direction and narrative, hope there is lots of rpg elements even if it's platinum
3 Gravity Rush 2: Played the first on vita and the demo on ps4, you can see the difference. can't wait to mess with gravity
4 yakuza 0: can't wait to powerbomb some yakuzas
5 Ni No Kuni 2: there's always space for some jrpgs love

Daouzin

1. Nier: Automata
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Persona 5
4. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix Collection
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. Dragon Quest VIII
7. Scalebound
8. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
9. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
10. Ni no Kuni II Revanant Kingdom

All of these would be in the top 4 if they were eligible, and they probably should be since I'm positive they will come out next year, but maybe not I guess:
1. Dragon Quest XI
2. Final Fantasy VII Remake Episode 1
3. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
4. Mario Switch

Arzehn

1. Yakuza 0: One of my favorite series
2. Nier Automata: Yoko Taro + platinum, should be good
3. Ni No Kuni 2: looks like exactly what i wanted
4. Persona 5: Would be more hyped if it had been a global launch
5. Dragon Quest XI: not really confident in 2017 release date otherwise would be higher
6. Horizon Zero Dawn: western monster hunter with a story, should be neat
7. Ni-Oh: Looks like 2017's Dark Souls replacement
8. Gravity Rush 2: Liked the Vita game, unique world, unique gameplay
9. Kingdom hearts 2.8: I do want to know what happens to Aqua
10.Yakuza Kiwami: Yeah, i'll replay Yakuza 1

Not quite on the list/lost steam:
11. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: not really digging open world in my Zelda, maybe i'll change my tune
12. Mass Effect Andromeda: latest trailer had some pretty bad dialog
13. Scalebound: might be cool, perhaps Phantasy Star Online-like
14. Ace Combat 7: OST hype
15. Tekken 7: want to git gud at a fighting game
etc...

Plenty others I want to buy could go on for a while.
Should be a good year - especially for fans of Japanese games.

1. Nier: Automata: A Taro game with delicious Platinum gameplay and polish. Thank you for this gift, Square!
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I'm nervous and hopeful about BotW, it could be something special. I'm a bit concerned when it comes to level design - hopefully Monolith Soft does have a large contribution in that regard.
3. Persona 5: I'm ready for P5 to ooze its style all over my PS4. Spent a bit of time with the Japanese version, and I have no concerns that my high hopes won't be met. An incredible step up from the other entries in the franchize all-round.
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: It's a dream come true - one my favorite FF games getting a new and respectful lick of HD paint, with the IZJS additions alongside it. Alexander O. Smith and Joseph Reeder coming back for the localization is icing on the FFXII cake. I've been dying to replay FFXII for about eight years, but kept waiting for the IZJS release. It took a long time, but it's finally here.
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Horizon's world looks beautiful, the combat fun, and I'm always here for anything written by John Gonzalez.
6. Mass Effect Andromeda: I love the ME1 vibe we've gotten off the recent trailers, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully the writing is solid, and there is less filler than DA:I.
7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: Chloe and Nadine teaming up for adventures is something I never knew how much I wanted.
8. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: The game looks stunning, and the combat improved.
9. Red Dead Redemption 2: I'd be surprised if it makes 2017, but it's a RDR sequel. Gimme.
10. Prey: Gameplay looks fun, I'm here for the System Shock-y vibe.

RPGamer92

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Resident Evil 7
4. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Zelda BOTW
7. Nioh
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
10. Nier Automata

Gaenor

Banned
1. Sea of Thieves
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. WipEout: Omega Collection
7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
8. Star Wars Battlefront 2
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

...I guess my tastes are pretty standard stuff going by this thread.

Edit: Those games would be somewhere on my list were they eligible :

Mario Switch
Spider-Man
God of War
Forza Scorpio

tootie923

1. Mass Effect Andromeda : Love this series and love the multiplayer.
2. Resident Evil 7 : Can't wait to see the gameplay and tone changes.
3. Uncharted Lost Legacy : Because Chloe and Nadine are awesome.
4. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : Will probably play this when there's a console sale down the line, not really looking to buy another console soon.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Hopefully they will revamp the bad controls, no more mash button to run.
6. Gravity Rush 2 : A sequel to one of the best Vita games on the PS4, yes please.
7. Horizon Zero Dawn : I'm still kind of wary about it given Guerrilla Games questionable Killzone campaigns.
8. Prey : Something Dead Space/Bioshock-ish is always good.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn:

2. The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild - I put these two at 1+2 because they both look just like what I want; open world adventuring with creative combat. I prefer Horizon's more direct, multi-faceted approach to using weapons over TLoZ's (seemingly) slightly more indirect approach (direct combat still looks not that great, unfortunately). I'm read for them both, though.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2: I'm more interested in the side missions and random stuff to do in the world than anything, but I love playing dice and going hunting for treasure and trying to avoid getting killed by bears. I could wander through the map of the first RDR doing that shit all day.

4. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: Even if the roster sucks, it's ultimately okay. It's more MvC, and it's looking closer to a MSH/SFxT mashup than MvC2, which I think is refreshing.

5. Injustice 2: I actually really dig the MK/Injustice style of gameplay - it's easier for me to pick up and play competently enough - and I am also interested to see where the story goes. Netherrealm is underrated at doing really good schlocky stuff.

6. Windjammers: The rules didn't say "no re-releases!" On the Mt. Rushmore of arcade sports games, as I've said before, is Windjammers. I really want it.

7. MLB The Show 17: Griffey Jr! And apparently a KGJ Presents MLB mode! All over this one on day one.

8. Sonic Mania: I'm still wary of 2D Sonic platformers that are a) made after 1994 and b) aren't part of a game that also has 2.5D modern levels, but I am excited for this. Please be good.

I'd have the Mario platformer and the Mario/Rabbids RPG crossover on this list, but sadly, they're not eligible.

Top Bottom