• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Youth intentionally triggered a seizure in Kurt Eichenwald, then gloated

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think you should make it much clearer in the OP that one of those links contains potentially seizure-inducing material.

billeh

My husband is having a seizure!

Hold on, lemme tweet that shit. Dude is a complete shithead, but sorry he had a seizure.

SL128

I think you should make it much clearer in the OP that one of those links contains potentially seizure-inducing material.
I thought I made it clear enough, but I went back and made it even clearer. Thanks for pointing it out.
My husband is having a seizure!

Hold on, lemme tweet that shit.
She already got him medical care and called the police. Then she let people know her husband was assaulted.

billeh

I thought I made it clear enough, but I went back and made it even clearer. Thanks for pointing it out.
She already got him medical care and called the police. Then she let people know her husband was assaulted.
And that all took 16 minutes? Sure. Okay.

tuxfool said:
Yeah, fuck that guy for being epileptic!

I'd say this statement makes you equally despicable?

Pai Pai Master said:
Explain yourself.

The Jackdog said:
i cant help but agree given the multitude of pieces of evidence you listed proving it.

excelsiorlef said:

Nepenthe said:
Surely you are confused about who Eichenwald is.

LordOfLore said:

LiquidSword said:
We got one. Lol

jack_package_200 said:
Hey look, we found the Trump supporter.

RustyNails said:
the fuck now

Veritigo_X said:
You seem confused. Eichenwald is the journalist assaulted by a twitter neo nazi, not the neo nazi that posted the tweet and is gloating about it.

Stinkles said:
Please continue, Governor.

AuthenticM said:
I bet you're too much of a weak boy to post this with your main account.

is this about the "either a pedophile or an unethical journalist" thing or are you confused.

ReAxion said:
in either case triggering a seizure is shitty.

--- Reality ---

I'm not a Trump supporter, I find the entire GOP repulsive.

*BUT*

Eichenwald has been trolling the left in print and on twitter for the entirety of 2016. He's been looking for every opportunity to blame Bernie Sanders (and "Berniebros") for Clinton's loss. And while I would certainly not support intentionally giving a person a siezure (or laugh about it), this is a person who said *in print* that he nearly punched a Jill Stein voter in the face:

kurt said:
I asked, “Who did you vote for?”He replied, “Well, Stein, but—” I interrupted him and said, “You’re lucky it’s illegal for me to punch you in the face.” Then, after telling him to have sex with himself—but with a much cruder term—I turned and walked away.

He was frothing in his hatred for Bernie Sanders, demanding with ridiculous rhetoric that Bernie exit the race in May:
kurt said:
Senator Sanders, either get control of what is becoming your increasingly unhinged cult or get out of the race.

To finish up, here's a mega mix of very recent choice cuts from Eichenwald's twitter, trolling Jill Stein and lefty supporters. I don't have time to get even better stuff, but the guy has been unhinged all year. I don't know why he thinks he's entitled to the votes of people he has utter contempt for.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/809124029407854592
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/805090715046912004
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/804420777755820032
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/804421708497047552
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/801523183111340032

laoni

And that all took 16 minutes? Sure. Okay.

Seizures don't usually last longer than a few minutes and you call 911 for seizures longer then their normal episodes or longer than 3-5min. Otherwise, you generally just stay with the person until they recover & provide first aid as required.

So yeah. 16min for seizure, start of recovery and calling the police is totally feasible, imo.

Keasar

And now I am more glad than ever I stay out of social media... fucking despicable...

Trump youth? Sorry I do not want to click the links for obvious reasons. Who does OP mean by "trump youth?"

VQ95tvp.jpg

Hope he recovers, and the people behind this face some legal action. Thanks twitter for going back on your efforts to keep scum off your platform.

Okay? Sounds like he can be an abrasive ass, but that does not deserve people trying to give him epileptic seizures on purpose.

*clutches pearls at the time he wrote about how he threatened to hit someone, but didn't* My word!

Sianos

It's a bit difficult to have a good faith discussion with someone who's only counterargument is to induce a seizure in you.

An important part of debate is moderation, because otherwise it naturally decays towards gish galloping and a shouting match. Or in this case, trying to straight up kill the holder of the opposing viewpoint.

tuxfool

Banned
To finish up, here's a mega mix of very recent choice cuts from Eichenwald's twitter, trolling Jill Stein and lefty supporters. I don't have time to get even better stuff, but the guy has been unhinged all year. I don't know why he thinks he's entitled to the votes of people he has utter contempt for.

Nothing about that seems outrageous? I can believe everything he has said about Stein voters, based on my own interactions with them.

All that said, even if he was a meanie to those poor Stein voters, does he still deserve epileptic fits?

So basically in a thread about a man who got forcibly triggered into having a seizure you decided to let us know you hate him because he was mean to Bernie Sanders (and Jill Stein?).

ooooooooooook
He was also frustrated with a Jill Stein supporter once, too. I'm not saying I necessarily advocate triggering seizures, but neither side is innocent here.

🙄

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Tangential. Is it possible phone an tablet manufacturers create an accessibility option that rate limits videos or gifs that are potential seizure triggers? I don't see why it wouldn't be and should definitely be considered.

Tarydax

Banned
Eichenwald has been trolling the left in print and on twitter for the entirety of 2016. He's been looking for every opportunity to blame Bernie Sanders (and "Berniebros") for Clinton's loss. And while I would certainly not support intentionally giving a person a siezure (or laugh about it), this is a person who said *in print* that he nearly punched a Jill Stein voter in the face:

He didn't actually punch anyone in the face and you missed the context.

On Friday, I almost assaulted a fan of my work. I was in the Philadelphia International Airport, and a man who recognized me from one of my appearances on a television news show approached. He thanked me for the investigative reporting I had done about Donald Trump before the election, expressed his outrage that the Republican nominee had won and then told me quite gruffly, “Get back to work.” Something about his arrogance struck me, so I asked, “Who did you vote for?”

He replied, “Well, Stein, but—” I interrupted him and said, “You’re lucky it’s illegal for me to punch you in the face.” Then, after telling him to have sex with himself—but with a much cruder term—I turned and walked away.

A certain kind of liberal makes me sick. These people traffic in false equivalencies, always pretending that both nominees are the same, justifying their apathy and not voting or preening about their narcissistic purity as they cast their ballot for a person they know cannot win. I have no problem with anyone who voted for Trump, because they wanted a Trump presidency. I have an enormous problem with anyone who voted for Trump or Stein or Johnson—or who didn’t vote at all—and who now expresses horror about the outcome of this election. If you don’t like the consequences of your own actions, shut the hell up.

The Stein supporter had the gall to tell him to "get back to work" and was angry that Trump won even though that voter actively contributed to Trump winning. If you threw your vote away to someone who was never, ever going to win, you helped Trump. That Stein supporter is the last person who gets to tell Eichenwald to "get back to work."

He was frothing in his hatred for Bernie Sanders, demanding with ridiculous rhetoric that Bernie exit the race in May:

Bernie's people did get out of control, repeatedly, and he did nothing about it. He would make statements with paragraphs about how something or other was rigged but then only gave one sentence to denouncing whatever his supporters had done. That's part of the reason I stopped supporting him.

These are pretty bad, the second tweet especially.

He's right in this one.

Stein voters were clearly okay with a Trump presidency. There's nothing wrong with this tweet.

This one was also correct. Stein did scam people.

He didn't actually punch anyone in the face and you missed the context.

The Stein supporter had the gall to tell him to "get back to work" and was angry that Trump won even though that voter actively contributed to Trump winning. If you threw your vote away to someone who was never, ever going to win, you helped Trump. That Stein supporter is the last person who gets to tell Eichenwald to "get back to work."

Bernie's people did get out of control, repeatedly, and he did nothing about it. He would make statements with paragraphs about how something or other was rigged but then only gave one sentence to denouncing whatever his supporters had done. That's part of the reason I stopped supporting him.

These are pretty bad, the second tweet especially.

He's right in this one.

Stein voters were clearly okay with a Trump presidency. There's nothing wrong with this tweet.

This one was also correct. Stein did scam people.

Thanks for taking the time to wade through that.

Sheroking

--- Reality ---

I'm not a Trump supporter, I find the entire GOP repulsive.

*BUT*

BUT, even if the things you linked were particularly despicable (and I'd say they're just a little shitty at worst), this is a thread about how some alt-reich twit intentionally triggered a seizure in this man.

Maybe the "he sucks" post is best served in another topic, at another time?

BUT, even if the things you linked were particularly despicable (and I'd say they're just a little shitty at worst), this is a thread about how some alt-reich twit intentionally triggered a seizure in this man.

Maybe the "he sucks" post is best served in another topic, at another time?

Nah, if Eichenwald is in the title, I'm going to trash him. It's what he does to his political enemies.

He was also frustrated with a Jill Stein supporter once, too. I'm not saying I necessarily advocate triggering seizures, but neither side is innocent here.

🙄
The fuck is he responsible for a seizure attack. Why are you victim blaming?

Despite the shit he done, the tweet was designed to cause harm, by someone who did it for the lulz.

Sheroking

Man is harshly critical of Stein and Sanders voters, maybe takes it a bit far at times... Clearly deserves to have a neo-Nazi induce a seizure?

Man....

You gonna say anything about the post that addresses most of your beef with him or no?

Nah, I really don't think it warrants a response. We just disagree politically. No point in debating that. Am I going to convince an evangelical Christian that abortion isn't murder? We got a lot of evangelical liberals running around OT gaf.

Nah, I really don't think it warrants a response. We just disagree politically. No point in debating that. Am I going to convince an evangelical Christian that abortion isn't murder? We got a lot of evangelical liberals running around OT gaf.

This isn't about politics, it's about basic human decency.

So any desire to comment on the horrible people who tried to put Eichenwald in the hospital or is this a case of an enemy of my enemy is a friend to you?

Whenever I see someone post about babies in any context, I make sure to address the point that abortion is good for society and that the worlds population is already too large to morally justify any further growth. It sometimes gets awkward when people post their new family members on Facebook, but it is what it is.

Sullichin

Someone in my family suffers from seizures and this is so upsetting to read. Even just in general people make fun of / make light of seizures all the time. Sometimes it really gets to me, because in reality it's a fucking nightmare.

Tarydax

Banned

Do you think Eichenwald deserved to get a seizure? Yes or no.

This isn't about politics, it's about basic human decency.

It would be if it was two regular people on a bus. Eichenwald isn't a regular person. He's a high profile liberal politico with a massive outlet he's used in absurd ways. I don't think it's cool to bully anybody, but Eichenwald presents HIMSELF as an alphamale bully toward the left in print.

In fiction, when a bully gets confronted, the audience cheers. In a similar way, I found his wife posting on his twitter kind of hilarious. But if you share his political biases, you're not going to see him as a bully and thus think it's a question of "basic human decency". There's no way I'm going to talk you out of that perspective, so I didn't intend to respond.

It would be if it was two regular people on a bus. Eichenwald isn't a regular person. He's a high profile liberal politico with a massive outlet he's used in absurd ways. I don't think it's cool to bully anybody, but Eichenwald presents HIMSELF as an alphamale bully toward the left in print.

In fiction, when a bully gets confronted, the audience cheers. In a similar way, I found his wife posting on his twitter kind of hilarious. But if you share his political biases, you're not going to see him as a bully and thus think it's a question of "basic human decency". There's no way I'm going to talk you out of that perspective, so I didn't intend to respond.
Unlike regular people, Eichenwald deserves to have seizures. Got it 👌🏻

Extra comedy points because his wife was concerned, hurt, and scared.

So any desire to comment on the horrible people who tried to put Eichenwald in the hospital or is this a case of an enemy of my enemy is a friend to you?

If they exist (fwiw, I don't really believe Eichewald's anecdote about "almost assaulting" an anonymous Jill Stein voter either), they're douchebags. I don't want them as allies.

Jesus Christ dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?

ZOONAMI

Looks like you've found a hill to die on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom