• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long queues of people waiting to try Nintendo Switch in Tokyo Big Sight

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201701/14124838.html

More than 2k people are already in line one hour before the demo event at Tokyo Big Sight starts (event starts at 10am Japan time). There are 3 seperate lines: Zelda, Splatoon and "Other games".

demo titles:
1-2 Switch
LoZ Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2
ARMS
Ultra SF2 Final Challengers
Romance of 3 Kingdoms 13
Nobunaga's Ambition
Super Bomberman R
DQ Heroes I / II
Puyo Puyo Tetris S
Disgaea 5
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker

more photos from the event
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/449/1449795/

M7IfzA6.jpg
gr4Yad5.jpg
QlkTU43.jpg
y7dEpEg.jpg
Ds4tMZf.jpg
lM7qR7Z.jpg

Cerium

Japanese line photos are great on any occasion, one of the best parts of new hardware.

Can't wait for launch.

EDarkness

Heh, I would have taken the day off from school to go to this event if I was still in Japan. Not a fan of waiting in those long ass lines.

Hazu

Speaking of Japan, anyone knows if the reactions were positive from gamers in Japan? Very curious to know what they think of the Switch!

Nimby

Banned
Good sign? Launch line-up doesn't seem like it would make Japan go crazy. Hope it somehow manages to exceed expectations.

Jeffrey

would do the same locally, but it seems like nintendo is avoiding atlanta... and a bunch of cities this time?

wii u had way more preview locations.

kubus

They just closed the line for every single booth. It's 1 hour past opening and EVERYTHING is booked for the rest of the day.

Welp

Good sign? Launch line-up doesn't seem like it would make Japan go crazy. Hope it somehow manages to exceed expectations.

Well for what it's worth it's not like the DS or 3DS had a particularly stellar near-launch lineup either. Still I can't help but fantasize about how NUTS it'd be if they had a Pokemon and MH title within the first 6 months.

Yeah there was a line to get into a line to get into a line... glad i got my tickets for zelda and Arms. Waiting 60 mins now to try out street fighter 2

Mik317

hope this leads to sales. Getting all those Vita and 3DS game devs on board would be sweet...especially now its region free

Cerium

Japan needs a successful console platform otherwise everyone but the big boys are going to go all mobile.

Hopefully Switch can provide that niche.

7Th

People are overestimating the appeal of a big bulky tablet in Japan. I'm beginning to doubt the Switch's potential as the 3DS's successor. Nintendo really should've just dropped the home console market and released a portable that connects to the TV instead of a weird hybrid.

Kimawolf

People are overestimating the appeal of a big bulky tablet in Japan. I'm beginning to doubt the Switch's potential as the 3DS's successor. Nintendo really should've just dropped the home console market and released a portable that connects to the TV instead of a weird hybrid.

the proof is in the actual photos in this thread. so far, Japan seems pretty hype about the thing. We'll see how they feel in a few weeks, but to deny it right now... come on.

samar11

Get on the phone to Japan! You and your insight could save Nintendo!

I am sure if i said it is going to do good you wouldn't be saying that, ha!

it will do more than okay in Japan.
It will probably outsell PS4 by midway next year.

outside is likely to be in the okay to good range after the first year.

I am not comparing it to Ps4, that machine is doing terrible, console market there is pretty shit.

What is okay to good range for you? Gamecube/Wii U ?

7Th

the proof is in the actual photos in this thread. so far, Japan seems pretty hype about the thing. We'll see how they feel in a few weeks, but to deny it right now... come on.

I don't see how these lines prove more than the system being "sold out" in most retailers right now.

I can actually see this doing really good in Japan. And I hope it does! Though I'm not a fan of the Switch's direction, I think it has the potential to appeal to others, and I hope that it does.

EDarkness

Waiting in lines is basically Japan's national pastime, second only to baseball. That's a big line for sure but that's not that impressive for Big Site.

Heh, definitely. I went to the Tokyo Motor Show there and that place was packed. People everywhere. Huge place, too.

Top Bottom