• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
In my experience with the Witcher 3 OT for example. I'd posted interest in contributing to the graphics long before release as I'd masked a few large assets originally for avatars. Contacted the user who claimed the OT who responded they already had someone which was fine. Fast forward several months and both users gave up on the OT entirely and handed the responsibility to a different user. I commented on my continued interest but the new user posted the assumption that all such regular graphics would be terrible so they'd be sticking to their own vision.

Fast forward again to just before release and that user relinquished the OT to yet another user privately as they didn't have the time to make it. Meanwhile I'd been continuing my own version of the OT that could at least be used for an OT2 so I contacted the user to ask about it and thankfully this user was actually welcoming and friendly but since they already had their own version of the OT put together in the short time they had we agreed on posting my version as the OT2.

These things happen and it ended up being a pleasant experience thanks to the friendliness of the last user. However when the rule of claiming OTs is that you're willing to work on them and for months right up until release I'd been the only one actually making anything while the responsibility had changed hands privately multiple times it did enhance the impression that OTs remain 'claimed' solely for whoever posts about it initially. Most here appear to be willing to collab so I'm sure it's an agreeable experience more often that not.

Yeah things do seem to go fairly well for the most part as you can see in a lot of OTs multiple names and whatnots of people who worked together on projects. Which just goes to show that communication between users behind the scenes is basically how things get done. Since a lot of the time you dont really see people going on and on about working together out in the open.

Thats a damned shame about your other experience in general though. Since from conversations in the past you seem to really know your stuff with working with graphics and other under the hood related stuff.

Cornbread78

You are right. I searched the forum after Nioh not Ni-oh that's why I thought no one has claimed it.

How about the beta tomorrow? Do you have to claim them here too?

In there's nothing via search, just claim it and you're good.

For beta threads, it might also help to mention in the most recent thread, where the community is hanging out, to mention that you are going to post the beta thread and what time it'll be up.

In there's nothing via search, just claim it and you're good.

For beta threads, it might also help to mention in the most recent thread, where the community is hanging out, to mention that you are going to post the beta thread and what time it'll be up.

Well there isn't a Nioh community thread yet. Just multiply Nioh threads, do I have to ask in every Nioh thread?

Parakeetman

Well there isn't a Nioh community thread yet. Just multiply Nioh threads, do I have to ask in every Nioh thread?

Not really just the more recent one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335151

Also you can try to contact the person who created the previous Beta thread and ask them if they have any plans to do another. If not you might as well make up one. Since it seems that no one did a claim for the latest upcoming 2 day Beta.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267467

TheMoon

Wow, didn't even see that. Just thought it'd be common courtesy to see if anyone else wants to do the others.

I edited them together into one post after a day or so. It's not like these are set in stone and the guidelines don't specifically call out the fact that anyone can ask anyone else who claimed an OT to collaborate/hand it over/whatever. :)

Digimon World Next Order OT (English) - 27/01/2017

Nobody's claimed this and this game is a sequel to one of my GOAT's so I'll work on this today unless somebody else wants to do it, I just don't want it to not have one on release.

Roo

Digimon World Next Order OT (English) - 27/01/2017

Nobody's claimed this and this game is a sequel to one of my GOAT's so I'll work on this today unless somebody else wants to do it, I just don't want it to not have one on release.
You need to use the proper formatting provided by Nemesis in the OP.
It's not a rule but it'd help him to add it to the list much easier.

TheMoon

It's out tomorrow, I don't think it needs to be added to the list or that Nemesis will even see it before it goes up :D

IT releases in a couple of hours so I don't really need it in the front page, sorry I skipped that rule though.

Also, the manual of the game is availalble via the publishers website, can I screenshot two pages and put them into the OT ? - they're character introdcutions.

Parakeetman

IT releases in a couple of hours so I don't really need it in the front page, sorry I skipped that rule though.

Also, the manual of the game is availalble via the publishers website, can I screenshot two pages and put them into the OT ? - they're character introdcutions.

Just go put a link to the manual. Or if you do a screenshot at least resize or put it in quotes. As nobody likes massive images.

mcz117chief

Hey, guys. I will not be making the OT for "For Honor" so if anybody is interested just PM me or Nemesis and let him know that I relinquish my claim. Arrright?

TheMoon

Hey guys, I'm gonna be creating the OT thread for Conan: Exiles, which will go live on Monday, a day before its official release, if that's okay. I have the thread all ready already, if this is a problem, please PM me or quote. It'll be my first OT, cheers.

in the future, please follow the guidelines in the OP.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| by Donkey Show (January 27 2017)

I read the OP before making a post here, what are you talking about?

You gotta post it like so...

Code:
[b*]Title[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]Author[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]xxth Month Year[/ur*l])

For an Off-Topic OT, add [*i][OT][/i] to the prefix of your code (remove the *)

Title = Self explanatory
Author = Your username, link to own profile
Expression Date = Date appears in brackets. This links to your expression of interest post

TheMoon

Gotcha, edited my post, sorry about that! I saw that the post began with 'For an Off-Topic OT' so I presumed you only added the code if it was for off-topic, not a game.

Wasn't necessary for something out in 3 days but generally, when it's stuff that's weeks or months away it is there for Nemesis to just copy/paste the thing into the OP so others can then look it up there and via the links go find the original claim and the person's profile page should they want to contact them via PM.

Nemesis_

Updated but we have a few clashes.

Rosti and Macriden are both down for doing Nintendo Switch.

Rexinator and Blue Ninja are both down for doing PREY (formerly Prey 2)

Can you guys sort that out amongst yourselves please, Blue Ninja has indicated he is still interested based on previous communications.

Thread is updated after three months.

A few things

1.) Read the fucking OP, thanks. I've been doing this for six years and people still can't seem to

2.) Can we start putting month of release or something in the posts. Half of the time it takes for me to do these is me looking up release dates.

3.) Don't chuck extra shit in your claims that doesn't need to be there (subtitles, the term OT - we know its an OT, and PSV IMPORT or whatever) because it just gets removed and ruins the flow and takes longer to update.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I received maxcriden's PM. For technical reasons I will be making the Nintendo Switch OT, but there's of course room for collaboration out of best ability and time. We'll figure something out.

Thanks to Nemesis_ for the update also. I did search to see if someone already had filed interest for that thread, but came up empty. Thankfully it has been sorted out now. :)

TheMoon

Would love to hear one of you guys explain the process of creating an OT for something you really care about...

I'll chime in since I happen to be here right now. The OT I cared most about was the Xenoblade 3D OT. That involved digging up all the available ancillary materials such as Iwata Asks interviews, music performances, gameplay tips/breakdowns/user guides from the original release and anticipating FAQs that did come up concerning the re-release and game in general.

For an OT for a new release like my Xenoblade X OT, it was more about maintaining and updating it with tips and info from players in the thread after going through the similar research basic FAQ material. The player-tip updates can be seen in OT2. Both OTs were very very active and lively at the time so keeping up with them can be really really time consuming. Especially if you hadn't have much time to play the game yourself yet and don't want to get spoiled accidentally :)

In general, most of the work in OTs that I happen to make goes into collecting info one might want to know before or upon getting the game and getting it right. Later, it becomes about maintaining it with whatever develops in the community (multiplayer info, patches/game updates/DLC info).

Coreda

What is the official position on threads like this one? It's an OT in everything but name and exists mainly to build hype a month prior to release. Given the OT rules changed to make them a day prior to release it seems like a way of bypassing the restriction by calling it something else. Would be interested in thoughts about it.

Massicot

What is the official position on threads like this one? It's an OT in everything but name and exists mainly to build hype a month prior to release. Given the OT rules changed to make them a day prior to release it seems like a way of bypassing the restriction by calling it something else. Would be interested in thoughts about it.

Well, OTs were moved to being from 2 weeks before release to 1-2ish days to prevent them from being meaningless hype chambers...and that seems to be exactly what that thread has become. Though, maybe that's okay? My initial take is that I really don't like it though. I could be convinced that it's fine, however.

CJ right about your post is one of the guys listed for its OT, so I wonder what his take on it is. Like, why make another OT if you've already got that.

cj_iwakura

Well, OTs were moved to being from 2 weeks before announce to 1-2ish days to prevent them from being meaningless hype chambers...and that seems to be exactly what that thread has become. Though, maybe that's okay? My initial take is that I really don't like it though. I could be convinced that it's fine, however.

CJ right about your post is one of the guys listed for its OT, so I wonder what his take on it is. Like, why make another OT if you've already got that.

I was just going to help, but mcz's doing it solo now. Personally, I don't object, though I sure didn't expect that much work to go into a hype thread, heh.

Cornbread78

And locked...... lol.

I was just going to help, but mcz's doing it solo now. Personally, I don't object, though I sure didn't expect that much work to go into a hype thread, heh.

And locked...... lol.

I'm trying to get a follow up on this actually, since I didn't know who to get in touch with to have it undone. (Sent a few messages to mods but I've received no responses.)

It was designed to be like this Gravity Rush 2 thread, and this Yakuza 0 thread to encourage support of the game since it's kinda flying under so many radars.

It was never intended to be an OT for its launch - while I'd love to do that, I already knew that's being made by someone else. I just wanted it to look good and I guess I may have gone a bit overboard?

Can this be undone, and the thread reopened? The Yakuza and Gravity Rush threads remained open, so surely this can too?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom