• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Triple posting because, damn all this new content.

twice_teaser_9083n98zxcvnm908ashoiuhadsf_01.jpg

LOONA's february member: ViVi
That name and styling are screaming "Rapper".

June One Kim X Krystal - I Don't Wanna Love You - 2월 14일 BOONTHESHOP Renewal Grand Opening에서 최초 공개
Y8v9DT3.jpg

Krystal!

The Spring Day MV was so beautiful visually. The song is also so mellow and chill; I love it. Not Today is also a jam; I love the beat so much. BTS never fails to impress me.

GlowStick

Neo Member
I was wondering the same thing. After listening a few times I think he's actually singing background vocals, surprisingly. He's hard to make out though :/

According to a few videos/comments I've seen, yeah, he's apparently doing some backing vocals. Which makes no sense, really, but he's my fav and I'm sort of salty as hell about it, so don't pay me any mind. Song's great though. And "Not Today" is a banger.

This is a great k-pop week for me. BTS today. K.A.R.D. on the 16th. And then another BTS vid on the 20th. February seems packed in general though. I'm guessing March might be sort of slow in comparison?

According to a few videos/comments I've seen, yeah, he's apparently doing some backing vocals. Which makes no sense, really, but he's my fav and I'm sort of salty as hell about it, so don't pay me any mind. Song's great though. And "Not Today" is a banger.

This is a great k-pop week for me. BTS today. K.A.R.D. on the 16th. And then another BTS vid on the 20th. February seems packed in general though. I'm guessing March might be sort of slow in comparison?

Haha, Jin's my favorite -- well, he's technically tied with Suga -- so I get the whole being a little salty about lack of lines thing. I'm just thankful Jin got more than one line this time, unlike in Blood, Sweat, and Tears. I really love his voice. All the songs are great though, and I can't wait to see the choreography for them both. I also really enjoyed A Supplemental Story: You Never Walk Alone; the rap line really shines in it :)

I'm also hyped for K.A.R.D's new track; Oh NaNa is one of my favorite songs from last year and I have high hopes for them as a group.

Haha, Jin's my favorite -- well, he's technically tied with Suga -- so I get the whole being a little salty about lack of lines thing. I'm just thankful Jin got more than one line this time, unlike in Blood, Sweat, and Tears. I really love his voice. All the songs are great though, and I can't wait to see the choreography for them both. I also really enjoyed A Supplemental Story: You Never Walk Alone; the rap line really shines in it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_1ZOqaeYg

The name changes are brilliant. Everybody knows of Minkyungs sordid past. Pristin Roas past? NO SCANDALS!

Yebin is a nice name. Should have kept hers.

llehuty

Part 2:

Kyulkyung (Jieqiong)
Sungyeon
Yehana (Yewon)
Xiyeon (Siyeon)
Kyla

lmao Yehana and Xiyeon, quoting someone from reddit: Is this Kingdom Hearts?
Debut is scheduled for mid-March.

K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall MV Trailer
The atmosphere of this is so cool.

이달의 소녀 1/3 (LOOΠΔ 1/3) "3월을 기다려 (Valentine Girl)" Preview Ver.
First miss-step in the Loona promo, IMO. I don't even know what this is, apparently it will be released in March? with a Valentine's theme?, but we still have nothing on the new girl that will release new music this month. So why even tease something for the next month?

3 individual teaser pics for Twice so uneventful that I won't even bother embeding them.

llehuty

Nice placement of those 2 where they are facing forward and backward with the Like Ooh Ahh costumes. It would have been perfect if they had inverted positions so it would give a kind of mirror effect. Oh well.

But I'm loving the aggressive marketing anyway. I hope we at least get a J-Trinity subunit out of this.

Pendulum

Lee Joon and Sohyun on next Knowing Brothers.
Also what happened to him, is now dedicated to acting?

Yes.

---

Jei signs with new agency, unsure of impact to FIESTAR
Jei has signed a contract with an acting agency Mars Entertainment and "left" Loen entertainment. However, FAVE entertainment is still in her profile meanwhile the other members have FAVE & LOEN in their profiles. Mars also uploaded Fiestar's You're Pitiful to their website. No word from Loen/Fave yet.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOEN is a massive company with many subsidiaries. Is Mars Entertainment one of them?

K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall MV Trailer
The atmosphere of this is so cool.

My hype levels are so high I'm actually expecting to be a little disappointed now lol.

That's by no means an insult to KARD. Every teaser has just been amazing it's been so difficult to temper my expectations.

Tbh I don't remember the last time I was this hyped for a K-pop track.

---

Lovelyz teaser

---

Damn what did they do to Lovelyz?!

Their styling looks like it's been plagiarized off Mamamoo's "You're The Best" promos.

llehuty

My hype levels are so high I'm actually expecting to be a little disappointed now lol.

That's by no means an insult to KARD. Every teaser has just been amazing it's been so difficult to temper my expectations.

Tbh I don't remember the last time I was this hyped for a K-pop track.

I'm on the same camp, hype at critical levels. It sucks that apparently they won't be performing in music shows this time around either...

Edit: Taeyeon releasing a full album at the end of February. Really weird timing, with Twice comeback one week before that and Gfriend one week after. (Incoming pages and pages of spam).

ramyeon

Yes! Taeyeon full album finally? Was just listening to her minis this morning wishing she would release something new soon.

More stuff like 11:11 please.

luso

Yes! Taeyeon full album finally? Was just listening to her minis this morning wishing she would release something new soon.

More stuff like 11:11 please.
From mobile I'll check tomorrow but I thought Was a song only at least within weeks.
On other news, Yuri's drama achieved 20% rating and Yoona's movie 7 million spectators although not main characters it's always good.

ramyeon

From mobile I'll check tomorrow but I thought Was a song only at least within weeks.
On other news, Yuri's drama achieved 20% rating and Yoona's movie 7 million spectators although not main characters it's always good.
First line of the article posted says first solo full length at the end of this month.

The mouse from the
now defunct
Wonder Girls opened up an Instagram account.

I'm on the same camp, hype at critical levels. It sucks that apparently they won't be performing in music shows this time around either...

What?!

Man, this whole pre-debut BS needs to end. DSP doesn't need to add more members, the 4 are perfect as it is... I actually feel like adding another member would disrupt the chemistry they've got going on.

llehuty

What?!

Man, this whole pre-debut BS needs to end. DSP doesn't need to add more members, the 4 are perfect as it is... I actually feel like adding another member would disrupt the chemistry they've got going on.
I don't think they are adding anyone, is just a predebut project. The initial plan was releasing 3 with the hidden members and then debut as group. Not sure if the hidden member thing will keep going or what.

It's, in any case, stupid

Y'all.. Sana just sent this video to me and only me.

https://streamable.com/rkpnm

Unreal
lol

llehuty

June One Kim X Krystal - I Don`t Wanna Love You (Official MV)
Yesss, this is so good. It fits her so well. Glen Check giving us what SM apparently can't.

[MV] MELODYDAY(멜로디데이) _ KISS ON THE LIPS
This is a really decent effort. Well produced and catchy chorus and interesting verses. I didn't see it coming.

BP라니아(BP RANIA) - Make Me Ah 안무영상(TV Part Ver.)
This is also a nice surprise. The way they have integrated Alex in the choreo leads me to believe that all that drama we had in the last month was just media play. Also, Alex posted a picture with the Unpretty Rapstar cap, and I just know mnet will get her just to mediaplay the hell out of her, despite her having zero chance with her limited korean.

Throwback from 2015:

Ahahahaha Rania is trying to crowdfund their damn album http://en.makestar.co/projects/singer_rania/

I can see why that new member signed on with them, this group is going places.
The new member is Unpretty Rapstar 3 casting bait.

[MV] MELODYDAY(멜로디데이) _ KISS ON THE LIPS
This is a really decent effort. Well produced and catchy chorus and interesting verses. I didn't see it coming.

Idk this group but this song is great and catchy. Also gotta appreciate a full-on summer concept this time of the year. Australian fans might appreciate it.

BP라니아(BP RANIA) - Make Me Ah 안무영상(TV Part Ver.)
This is also a nice surprise. The way they have integrated Alex in the choreo leads me to believe that all that drama we had in the last month was just media play. Also, Alex posted a picture with the Unpretty Rapstar cap, and I just know mnet will get her just to mediaplay the hell out of her, despite her having zero chance with her limited korean.

I never checked out their album, but I like this song much more than the other one they were promoting. Choreo looks interesting with iconic Rainbow inspiration when they lift up their shirts, I wonder what kind of outfits they're planning for that. And Alex dancing with them will hopefully finally shut up the whining by international fans. If she makes it on unpretty rapstar that's gonna make some good messy TV though, I'm ready for that.

Pendulum

Sketchbook closing shop, because we didn't have enough with every group and his mom disbanding.

:(

On February 15th, Kim Jinhong, department head for variety for KBS stated that Concert 7080 and Vitamin will be coming to an end soon. Both programs have been airing since 2003 and 2004 respectively.

Stating that the programs will end in March from their regular broadcast and will be changed to season (seasonal episodes).

Kim also stated that amongst the rumours, it is not true, and Yoo Heeyeol's Sketchbook will not be ending, which has been also been caught up with the group of broadcasting programs that will be getting cut by KBS.

Top Bottom